BarrowAFC.net would like to thank Ormsgill Off-Licence And Convenience Store (Middlefield) for their kind support for the past 3 years in enabling you all to use this forum.

Agustien

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Thenotorious
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Agustien

Post by Thenotorious » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:59 pm

Amateurs! The way u do it is apparently to run around a ground waving a transfer request in the air. :lol: (i can confirm this never happened!) On a serious note if he does not go to the league it will only be for monetary reasons. Heard on the grapevine he may be heading to Maidstone. Hope the lad stays as he's done well from what I've seen he is great with the kids at the ground etc
Last edited by Thenotorious on Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HenneysKnee
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by HenneysKnee » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:44 pm

If his agent can only get him a move to Maidstone he’s not doing much

whitty1969
Gold Member

Post by whitty1969 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:45 pm

HenneysKnee wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:44 pm
If his agent can only get him a move to Maidstone he’s not doing much
Plastic pitch and a relegation battle....
That's not a step up

barrowaberdeen
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by barrowaberdeen » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:39 am

Be very surprised if he went to Maidstone.

whitty1969
Gold Member

Post by whitty1969 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:35 pm

Any updates?
Is he still training with us?

Bombadel
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Bombadel » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:19 pm

Good old Google translate (although it's not always accurate mind!), below are some extracts from an interview from some Dutch site today, which he also posted an extract on twitter. Seems like he's here at the moment, but can't blame him for aiming for the higher leagues especially now he's 32 and might not get another chance. Seems pretty down to earth and wants to make his kids proud. The link to the full interview is here https://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=344538 interesting how he took advice from Patrick Kluivert, also was man of the match against Man United for Swansea.

"He kept pushing me and said: You can play football so well, keep playing. If someone like Patrick Kluivert says something to you, someone who has worked with such great players ... Then you pick it up, "

The midfielder initially hoped to revive his career in the Netherlands. At several clubs, Agustien asked if he could train, but nowhere did he find shelter. Not even at Willem II, the club where he went through the youth training, made his debut in professional football and earned a transfer to AZ.

How do you experience the level at this moment?
"If I look purely at myself, I think I should play higher. With all due respect. At this moment I think that we are not inferior to any team in the Kitchen Champion Division. Both football and physical. We play good football, but it is also based on physical strength. We underestimate this level in the Netherlands. If you look in an individual way, football training in the Netherlands is top notch. Playing football, passing, kicking, that kind of thing. In England they have that too, but the physical aspect plays with that. Plus the speed with which you play, in the Netherlands it is all a bit slower. Maybe football is a bit less, but that makes it more attractive to watch. "

Was it difficult for you to take that step back?
"That was difficult, yes. They have said to me several times: The lower you play, the more difficult it will become for you as a player. I have seen it and it is true. Maybe they are not so strong tactically, but in terms of work ethic they just do more here. They should have it more: putting opponents under pressure, short on the man, tackles. That is different than in the top competitions. I have to get used to that, of course. I am still a player of steps and steps, who is in a positionally male position. But if you want something, you have to convert the button. If you turn the button and you go along with it, then the base also comes up. The football qualities, I mean. Right here. If you can go with that in that respect and you can distinguish yourself in football, you can easily get out of it. "
Last edited by Bombadel on Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Jonty
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jonty » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:12 pm

This has gone quiet. Will be made up if he stays here.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc