BBC Radio Cumbria Sport Sports Hour 6pm - 7pm tonight

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Adam29
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 4

BBC Radio Cumbria Sport Sports Hour 6pm - 7pm tonight

Post by Adam29 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:18 pm

Tonight from 6pm - 7pm
Ian Evatt talking to me about the new arrivals last week and his thoughts on the clubs recruitment drive

Jonty
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 1

Re: BBC Radio Cumbria Sport Sports Hour 6pm - 7pm tonight

Post by Jonty » Fri May 24, 2019 5:46 pm

Thanks for the reminder! Should be a good listen

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live: ... io_cumbria
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

Adam29
Platinum Member

Post by Adam29 » Fri May 24, 2019 10:52 pm

If anyone missed it LIVE
here it is again

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p077d8wz

olbarrafancumbak
Bronze Member

Post by olbarrafancumbak » Sat May 25, 2019 8:24 am

Another positive and spine tingling interview!!
That man just oozes positivity and quite frankly makes me believe we can actually get out of this league!
Excellent on the contract front, great business sense with longer contracts ensuring a return if the big clubs come knocking! Something I've always felt the club could and should have done previously..
Unfortunately we are in a food chain and unfortunately we will have to sell but like IE and the board have said, sustainability is key and if having to sell a key player from time to time then so be it, so long as it's re invested!
Disappointed that AC didn't heed the advice over Dan Jones but then there is no point looking back apart from learning from mistakes.
I sincerely hope that the stay aways or unconvinced start making an appearance in the ground on match days, I've supported this team for almost forty years now and I've dreamed of football league, I've dreamed of a swollen to the rafters HS..
Credit to everyone from board to manager to players, the volunteers and the die hards.. without you all, we are nothing
Hurry up summer, I can't wait!!!!

Hitthebar22
Veteran Member

Post by Hitthebar22 » Sat May 25, 2019 8:49 am

Barrow stuff from 1734 - 2822 approx.
Evatt is impressive. A very positive personality and clearly clever, but thinks laterally too.
Interesting to hear his revelation that as far as the friendlies are concerned, the “better” teams want to play us because they have heard how Barrow play.

On a different topic, one thing we haven’t heard anything about yet are loanees for the coming season. That’s something else that we can look forward to. On the evidence of last season (with the exception of the Birmingham lad who couldn’t get out of bed) we did pretty well last year - 2 loanees have signed full time now as well, and look what’s happened to Jamieson (who I would have hung onto).
Personally I think Barrow will be a place to be seriously considered by promising young players and their clubs as an excellent option, because of the style of play and the personality of the manager. Evatt shows signs of being extremely well connected within football as well. Hopefully the loanee factor will be a very positive add on to what is happening already.

Adam29
Platinum Member

Post by Adam29 » Sat May 25, 2019 9:12 am

There was a question cut from that interview sadly as the line was bad to evatt and kept cutting out.

He has had phone calls from people at Sheff Utd and Middlesbrough wanting to send players on loan so there will be movement in the loan market too

Middleton Nick
Gold Member

Post by Middleton Nick » Sat May 25, 2019 9:26 am

Adam29 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 9:12 am
There was a question cut from that interview sadly as the line was bad to evatt and kept cutting out.

He has had phone calls from people at Sheff Utd and Middlesbrough wanting to send players on loan so there will be movement in the loan market too
That's a bonus.

sambino
Veteran Member

Post by sambino » Sat May 25, 2019 10:59 am

Excellent interview well worth a listen ie not only comes over as a great coach also very switched on on the business side has he done any qualifications in that ?
We now have an excellent board as well who from their own businesses know how to run things properly shaping up for a very good season. Also worth listening on to a good interview with nathan waterson. Pity the young gateshead lad went to carlisle could have been a giid on for us

Adam29
Platinum Member

Post by Adam29 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:12 am

Here is the link for this weeks Sports hour:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07c5mnj

I was guest co presenting filling in for James Phillips alongside Paul Newton and features my interview with Ian Evatt ahead of the return to pre season training on Monday
Last edited by Adam29 on Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.