Non-league day

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
barrowfan
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 7

Non-league day

Post by barrowfan » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:21 pm

Heard something over the PA today about the forthcoming non-leage day. Didn't catch it all but think they said there was a shedful of free tickets for kids and all others would be £9.00.
Anyone hear any more details?

Main Stand SeasonTct
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Non-league day

Post by Main Stand SeasonTct » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:35 pm

3500 free kids tickets are being distributed to schools in the Furness area. Adult admission that day is just £9

Smoggie

Post by Smoggie » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:49 pm

Non league Day is 12 October at home against Dover
Hopefully get a good crowd with reduced prices and free tickets

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:56 pm

Thanks for the info. I hope the day goes really well.
Last edited by barrowfan on Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Richard Ingham
Platinum Member

Post by Richard Ingham » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:15 pm

Plenty more going on over and above the ticket offers. I’m sure barrowaberdeen will be along later to reveal all.
"Barrow produces world class feats of engineering on a regular basis. Kettering produces Weetabix" - @bafc_lancaster

"Danny Livesey collects stitches like nectar points" - @bafc_lancaster

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:30 pm

Be good to see some offers on the hospitality rooms otherwise a £9 admission price to the ground could have an effect on the take-up.

HenneysKnee
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 5

Post by HenneysKnee » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:12 am

How far around the Furness area will the free tickets for kids extend? Just Barrow itself or wider?

barrowaberdeen
Platinum Member

Post by barrowaberdeen » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:31 am

Wider, 3500 free advance tickets out into Furness. You'll be hearing a lot more about it in the next couple of weeks, I hope.

It'll work out at roughly:

100 free tickets for each secondary
60 for larger primaries
30 for smaller primaries

Ian and staff have been into schools when they can. Anya has rang and spoke to every school in the area and they have all had an e-mail. From tomorrow, the office staff have a schedule and they are distributing them to schools.

Thanks to YOU (through the Trust), NG Bailey, Edmundsons and Volker Stevin sponsoring, we have managed to fund this giveaway and peg back adult tickets to £9 on the day too, it's also slightly less for 16-25's. There's also a link with the Furness Multicultural Forum and they have arranged a free 'Rock Against Hate gig in the X Bar from 6-8pm. There's a competition for schools to design T-Shirts in this vein. If you follow this link there's more detail.

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/barrow- ... rds-trust/

What folk on this forum can do is TALK IT UP. Ring the school to ask which children are getting them, drag along workmates (It's under a tenner), bring the kids etc.
Last edited by barrowaberdeen on Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

spirit of 1990
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by spirit of 1990 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:30 am

Steve, are there any posters promoting this fantastic offer? I’ll get them plastered all over the yard and pop it on the BAE intranet events section.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

barrowaberdeen
Platinum Member

Post by barrowaberdeen » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:36 am

Posters no, but I'll see if I can get someone to do it. It's a good idea

mickmike wilson
Platinum Member

Post by mickmike wilson » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:58 pm

barrowaberdeen wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:31 am
Wider, 3500 free advance tickets out into Furness. You'll be hearing a lot more about it in the next couple of weeks, I hope.

It'll work out at roughly:

100 free tickets for each secondary
60 for larger primaries
30 for smaller primaries

Ian and staff have been into schools when they can. Anya has rang and spoke to every school in the area and they have all had an e-mail. From tomorrow, the office staff have a schedule and they are distributing them to schools.

Thanks to YOU (through the Trust), NG Bailey, Edmundsons and Volker Stevin sponsoring, we have managed to fund this giveaway and peg back adult tickets to £9 on the day too, it's also slightly less for 16-25's. There's also a link with the Furness Multicultural Forum and they have arranged a free 'Rock Against Hate gig in the X Bar from 6-8pm. There's a competition for schools to design T-Shirts in this vein. If you follow this link there's more detail.

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/barrow- ... rds-trust/

What folk on this forum can do is TALK IT UP. Ring the school to ask which children are getting them, drag along workmates (It's under a tenner), bring the kids etc.
Steve, All the above is fantastic, Question, Are you in contact with a local media,press, radio stations etc to really get behind this & push it heavily?

Plaster Furness with flyers to assist with awareness.

If our form continues to be good until then & with the hype-hype-hype it could be a very special day for all :skill: :scarf:

Bluebirds Trust

Post by Bluebirds Trust » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:12 pm

Given we have our largest expected attendance on Saturday since the Hartlepool game back in April, and lots going on all around the ground, it would be great if we could get extra help from volunteers like we did against Hartlepool.

All the tasks will be pre-match, selling programmes and raffle tickets and bucket collections for the Furness Multicultural Forum, so you wouldnt miss any of the game.

If you can help please get in touch.

MikeRenney

Post by MikeRenney » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:25 pm

Hopefully, a great day out and the team will continue to play brilliantly. However, some regular fans need to play their part by moderating their language. I have spoken to a couple of guys who are taking their children and are a bit worried about where to stand because of this issue. I personally don’t think bad language is acceptable at a sporting fixture but in this instance it could be preventing future fans attending. I would appeal to people not to use bad language as it is not nice for children to hear this and if they and their parents are put off attending the future of our club is damaged.
Last edited by MikeRenney on Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bombadel
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bombadel » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:35 pm

MikeRenney wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:25 pm
Hopefully, a great day out and the team will continue to play brilliantly. However, some regular fans need to play their part by moderating their language. I have spoken to a couple of guys who are taking their children and are a bit worried about where to stand because of this issue. I personally don’t think bad language is acceptable at a sporting fixture but in this instance it could be preventing future fans attending. I would appeal to people not to use bad language as it is not nice for children to hear this and if they and their parents are put off attending the future of our club is damaged.
And change the chant to “the referees a plonker”? after a bad decision, on a more serious note it’s an intense game which brings out strong feelings in people, including managers, players etc. Maybe your better off sitting in the stand, I think it can be quieter in there.
Last edited by Bombadel on Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.

HenneysKnee
Platinum Member

Post by HenneysKnee » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:10 pm

It always amazes me the things people think to have a moan about on here when the teams doing well