Current injuries

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Alley_Cat
Posts in topic: 2

Current injuries

Post by Alley_Cat » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:54 pm

According to a BBC Sport Cumbria tweet, which as usual has no link to a story, Evatt is looking at bringing in some new faces.
Does anyone know more about this?

NB Bluebird
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Current injuries

Post by NB Bluebird » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:47 pm

I don't think he will be rushed. He as over a week.

Suffolk Blue
Bronze Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Suffolk Blue » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:01 pm

Not sure about this. Despite the anticipation of the Notts County game the key date for me would be 23rd November. We have Barnet, Chorley and Maidenhead within a 10 day period. Results wise I would think that these matches are more critical than whatever happens in Nottingham next week. Other than in respect of Granite I'm not sure why we would think we'd be short for the following week unless the injuries are more severe than thought. Can see sense in bringing in some defensive cover but that would be about it at the moment.

whitty1969
Gold Member

Post by whitty1969 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:11 pm

Suffolk Blue wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:01 pm
Not sure about this. Despite the anticipation of the Notts County game the key date for me would be 23rd November. We have Barnet, Chorley and Maidenhead within a 10 day period. Results wise I would think that these matches are more critical than whatever happens in Nottingham next week. Other than in respect of Granite I'm not sure why we would think we'd be short for the following week unless the injuries are more severe than thought. Can see sense in bringing in some defensive cover but that would be about it at the moment.
I think the injuries are worse than first feared Suffolk.
A few of them out for quite a while

Adam29
Platinum Member

Post by Adam29 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:20 pm

Alley_Cat wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:54 pm
According to a BBC Sport Cumbria tweet, which as usual has no link to a story, Evatt is looking at bringing in some new faces.
It’s taken from an Interview that was done with Ian on Wednesday and is self explanatory.
We have some bad injuries
Taylor Fractured Eye Socket and Cheek Bone - uncertain on how long he will be out for but should be lengthy
Josh Granite Broken Collarbone - 10 weeks expected
Brad Barry - still no clue as to what he has done and when he will return

Ian Evatt is looking at bringing in some cover for them

He remains hopeful that Sam Hird and Dior Angus will be ok for Notts County but again If not it leaves gaps
Last edited by Adam29 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sambino
Veteran Member

Post by sambino » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:37 pm

What happened to taylor ? We were looking further forward towards an attacking play then looked back him and one of their players were on the floor

Adam29
Platinum Member

Post by Adam29 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:28 pm

sambino wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:37 pm
What happened to taylor ? We were looking further forward towards an attacking play then looked back him and one of their players were on the floor
Clash of heads unfortunately Taylor was worse off

boyliegladbach
Platinum Member

Post by boyliegladbach » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:56 am

Suffolk Blue
Bronze Member

Post by Suffolk Blue » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:32 am

Adam29 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:20 pm
Alley_Cat wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:54 pm
It’s taken from an Interview that was done with Ian on Wednesday and is self explanatory.
Taylor Fractured Eye Socket and Cheek Bone - uncertain on how long he will be out for but should be lengthy

He remains hopeful that Sam Hird and Dior Angus will be ok for Notts County but again If not it leaves gaps
Based on the recent NWEM story together with quotes from IE I would suggest the situation might be as follows:

Brad Barry - Available for Notts County
Sam Hird - 50:50 for Notts County therefore more than likely to be available for Barnet a week later
Dior Angus - described as close to a return but as having a "speed related injury". Reading between the lines I would suggest this may mean he'll be rested even if available until the Barnet game at least
Josh Granite - definitely 10 weeks so wont see him again until the end of January

Leaving Jason Taylor. In respect of Jason I suggested above that depending on the nature of the fractures he'll either be out for 2-3 weeks and return with a mask if possible or if the damage is more serious 4-6 weeks. All I can say from the NWEM story is that it appears to back the view that there is already a thought process in place that he'll be of a mind to play with a protective mask (and painkilling injection) and despite the apparent nature of the injury I'm certainly aware of other players having a similar injury that have returned within the 3 week period with a mask. I cannot see him being risked versus Notts County but I can see him returning for Barnet a week later.

To some extent you can compensate for Angus by playing Kay and Dyson wide supporting Quiqley and Hindle/Harrison up front. Hardcastle - who has looked increasingly effective will also be back in midfield at Notts County.

The weakness is in defence therefore with Granite absent and assuming Taylor/Hird wont play v Notts County. We''ve got Elsdon back so he might fit into the Granite role but the absence of Taylor and Granite would put a lot of pressure on central defence and we haven't seen Elsdon for a while. So to me its the centre of defence and defensive midfield areas that IE will be looking at. Other than that, a change of formation may be needed and it wouldn't be surprising if we saw a more conservative approach next week - but to be honest that might not be a bad idea against a side that is very competent at home and would be a real test for us even at our best.

Main Stand SeasonTct

Post by Main Stand SeasonTct » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:51 pm

Suffolk Blue wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:32 am
Adam29 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:20 pm

Based on the recent NWEM story together with quotes from IE I would suggest the situation might be as follows:

Brad Barry - Available for Notts County
Sam Hird - 50:50 for Notts County therefore more than likely to be available for Barnet a week later
Dior Angus - described as close to a return but as having a "speed related injury". Reading between the lines I would suggest this may mean he'll be rested even if available until the Barnet game at least
Josh Granite - definitely 10 weeks so wont see him again until the end of January

Leaving Jason Taylor. In respect of Jason I suggested above that depending on the nature of the fractures he'll either be out for 2-3 weeks and return with a mask if possible or if the damage is more serious 4-6 weeks. All I can say from the NWEM story is that it appears to back the view that there is already a thought process in place that he'll be of a mind to play with a protective mask (and painkilling injection) and despite the apparent nature of the injury I'm certainly aware of other players having a similar injury that have returned within the 3 week period with a mask. I cannot see him being risked versus Notts County but I can see him returning for Barnet a week later.

To some extent you can compensate for Angus by playing Kay and Dyson wide supporting Quiqley and Hindle/Harrison up front. Hardcastle - who has looked increasingly effective will also be back in midfield at Notts County.

The weakness is in defence therefore with Granite absent and assuming Taylor/Hird wont play v Notts County. We''ve got Elsdon back so he might fit into the Granite role but the absence of Taylor and Granite would put a lot of pressure on central defence and we haven't seen Elsdon for a while. So to me its the centre of defence and defensive midfield areas that IE will be looking at. Other than that, a change of formation may be needed and it wouldn't be surprising if we saw a more conservative approach next week - but to be honest that might not be a bad idea against a side that is very competent at home and would be a real test for us even at our best.
I wouldn't trust the accuracy of the Mails reporting where as Adam is more often than not spot on.

Suffolk Blue
Bronze Member

Post by Suffolk Blue » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:29 pm

Yes - never trust a story if comes from the NWEM. Guess we'll just have to wait and hope.

Roadrunner

Post by Roadrunner » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:45 pm

The NWEM is completly crap, if you want to read any of the pages you have to watch a paid for advert, I don't go there anymore!
“Perhaps it is better to be irresponsible and right, than to be responsible and wrong.”

sambino
Veteran Member

Post by sambino » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:45 pm

Any barrow chat on rc tonight or purely carlisle ?

McMark
Platinum Member

Post by McMark » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:31 pm

Roadrunner wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:45 pm
The NWEM is completly crap, if you want to read any of the pages you have to watch a paid for advert, I don't go there anymore!
You have to watch paid for ads on many sites now to pay the way.
There’s a lot wrong with the NWEM including some very lazy journalism, but most local sports do well out of it especially us over the years.
Iron Ore and Shipbuilders Tea!!
http://t.co/gOngBGrUvv?amp=1

JammyBluebird
Veteran Member

Post by JammyBluebird » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:51 pm

sambino wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:45 pm
Any barrow chat on rc tonight or purely carlisle ?
Got pulled to earlier in week to avoid clash. Can't blame BBCRC for covering the game really...