Official Statement

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Reg
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 6

Official Statement

Post by Reg » Fri May 18, 2012 6:01 pm

http://www.barrowafc.com/news/?article= ... um=twitter

Doesn't sound too promising.

I guess now might be the time I renew my membership and Dawn's too.

Much as I don't think the membership has much value to me, it looks like the club probably needs every penny it can get right now.

Fasten your seatbelts folks!

The views expressed on this site are my own and do not reflect the views of my employer

ZiggerZag
Silver Member
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Official Statement

Post by ZiggerZag » Fri May 18, 2012 6:05 pm

Bit puzzled by the part about a director 'looking at resigning'. According to the document lodged at Companies House, Neil Chalker resigned on the 10th May.
Up the Ziggers.

barrowaberdeen
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 4

Post by barrowaberdeen » Fri May 18, 2012 6:41 pm

Martin's done a great job for us, cracking bloke. All the best to you, hope to see you soon.Good luck to Neil Chalker likewise, nice chap and I'm sure he'll be at HS as ever, probably with less hassle.

The underlying message about having 'agreements' with everyone underlines why there are negative rumours around town. This worries me more than anything.

They are holding out the AGM in the hope of some good news re the development, a risky strategy, as it means folk think there's secrecy and it adds to the negativity. But what can they do beyond issue this statement?

Who's going to run the commercial side now? I'm willing to bet there's no cash for a replacement. I am concerned about 'drift' in terms of generating income and planning the way forward.

barrowaberdeen
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 4

Post by barrowaberdeen » Fri May 18, 2012 6:43 pm

DP
Last edited by barrowaberdeen on Fri May 18, 2012 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jim
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jim » Fri May 18, 2012 7:32 pm

A very welcome statement of the club's situation on a number of matters, which is very welcome. As the statement says, finances are very tight and we must all do what we can to help. It's a poor show that the club only has about 400(if my memory serves me right) members. There must be at least 1200 who at least have an interest in our club and care whether it survives. How do we get them all signed up?

Martin Lewis will be a great loss. Thanks, Martin, for all you have done.

Jonty
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Jonty » Fri May 18, 2012 7:46 pm

I don't know what to make about the way this news is being given out... And the board checked this and let this go out??

Unbelievble. No actually- very Barrow.

Reactive.

so a potential player out there, checks out Barrow's official site. Whats's he going to think reading that.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan » Fri May 18, 2012 8:05 pm

Jonty wrote:so a potential player out there, checks out Barrow's official site. Whats's he going to think reading that.
We're skint!

Reg
Platinum Member

Post by Reg » Fri May 18, 2012 8:33 pm

Not just potential players. What about the current ones mulling over contract offers?

I'm sure as shit that I wouldn't be comfortable signing a contract with us right now.
The views expressed on this site are my own and do not reflect the views of my employer

oldtimer
Posts in topic: 3

Post by oldtimer » Fri May 18, 2012 8:35 pm

Unlike all the other clubs in our division who are all absolutely awash with money!

Reg
Platinum Member

Post by Reg » Fri May 18, 2012 8:47 pm

oldtimer wrote:Unlike all the other clubs in our division who are all absolutely awash with money!
Other clubs aren't sending alarming smoke signals out though.

barrowfan_chris
BarrowAFC.net Moderator

Post by barrowfan_chris » Fri May 18, 2012 8:57 pm

This board are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't.

[SwearFilter] it won't be commenting on this part of the forum again until the football has started.

Jonty
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Jonty » Fri May 18, 2012 9:57 pm

I don't mean to be critical Chris, We know these are tough times facing the club and this is not specifically a response to tonights offical statement, but in general. in May /June I want to be reading positive, energetic messages from the new fans liaison rep about the plan of attack to to increase membership numbers before Kick off, about how next season's season tickets will be too good for fans to miss, with great offers and perhaps payment plans to help fans spread the cost. Maybe taking advanced deposits now on shirts, season tickets etc. Better use of Evening Mail to promote these things and raise awareness. Just positive messages to tackle the uncertainties without reiterating them. Just my view- don't abandon the disussion until the season starts!
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

Bingo
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bingo » Fri May 18, 2012 10:13 pm

I am glad the club have made a statement. I hope the club can put a commercial team together as soon as possible (if I lived in Barrow I'd gladly help out).

I think the rumours were starting to do the club some damage.

Always Ultra

Post by Always Ultra » Sat May 19, 2012 1:10 am

Is there a version of the membership form that can be filled in online/downloaded and emailed to the club? Probably not, right?

bafcdirect

Post by bafcdirect » Sat May 19, 2012 7:07 am

Always Ultra wrote:Is there a version of the membership form that can be filled in online/downloaded and emailed to the club? Probably not, right?
If you go on the Official Site just above the main toolbar you will se in blue BECOME A MEMBER. Click on here and scroll down and you will find the form.