Luxury Accommodation

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Reg
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 2

Luxury Accommodation

Post by Reg » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:52 pm

For those who don't use twitter, Adam Boyes has uploaded a picture of his accommodation for the week!

The cells I was slung into as a 17yr old drunk and disorderly were better than that by the look of things.

I'm pretty sure that putting your players up in such shitholes cannot be good for morale, or for the purpose of selling the club to potential signings!

If I were a player, I would be telling the club to get to [SwearFilter] if they tried to put me up in a place like that!
Attachments
shithole.jpg
shithole.jpg (51.66 KiB) Viewed 1142 times

The views expressed on this site are my own and do not reflect the views of my employer

Adam29
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Luxury Accommodation

Post by Adam29 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:02 am

come on reg, I know some things that have been done by the club are bad, we all do but seriously
Its a training weekend away in Coniston, Personally Id of slung them in tents like I had to when I was on team building weekends with School.

Its Team Building, Its all about bonding, Slunging them in a 5* hotel with Jacuzzi's and saunas would teach nothing (and cost alot more)

We want the lads to appreciate the value of hard work and roughing it in the lakes for a few days will do just that,

Pampering them would achieve nothing!

Van Der Nipper
Gold Member

Post by Van Der Nipper » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:06 am

Teams do all different things this time of year Stockport and Torquay have stopped in Army barracks and done a boot camp for a week do you think they wanted to stop in barracks which will be something similar to what we are in,it may actually be good for morale and from what i gather the players enjoyed it last summer
Last edited by Van Der Nipper on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
ISC in the community liason officer-since 7th April 2009

Reg
Platinum Member

Post by Reg » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:07 am

They're footballers, not soldiers.

I cannot see any logic in putting them up in such [SwearFilter] poor accommodation!

The fact Boyes has tweeted and called it a #shithole suggests that he's none too pleased with his sleeping arrangements for the coming week and I can't say I blame him!
The views expressed on this site are my own and do not reflect the views of my employer

Coco Jimbo
Silver Member

Post by Coco Jimbo » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:45 am

its a week ffs lol
are you watchin steven vaughan?r u watchin steven vaughan

boyliegladbach
Platinum Member

Post by boyliegladbach » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:46 am

Ban twitter. If it wasn't for the stupid twitter thing we've have never known.

If he had twittered a picture of a 5 star hotel, the title of this would have been What a waste of money.

Konaldo
Bronze Member

Post by Konaldo » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:47 am

boyliegladbach wrote:Ban twitter. If it wasn't for the stupid twitter thing we've have never known.

If he had twittered a picture of a 5 star hotel, the title of this would have been What a waste of money.
+1

Come on, they will only be in the rooms for sleeping. Team bonding is about being together as a group doing teamwork stuff outside.
Leyton Orient 2018
Rochdale 2017
Altrincham 2015
Stalybridge 2015
Cambridge 2013
Braintree 2012

boyliegladbach
Platinum Member

Post by boyliegladbach » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:08 am

Just taken me an hour and the use of an 20 year old to find Adam Boyes twitter thing,

He also says on it "off to coniston for a week,zzzzz very boring week ahead"

He wants to try doing a real job for a week then he may have a reason to complain.

He Plays for Barrow not Barcelona, needs to stop his moaning, its bed and a room for sleeping in,hes not going to be sat in there all day playing x-box.

If i was dave bayliss ide make him run up and down the hills for 12 hours.

jimcook
Veteran Member

Post by jimcook » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:32 am

boyliegladbach wrote: If i was dave bayliss ide make him run up and down the hills for 12 hours.
+1
What's he complaining about, he's got a roof a mattress and a sink/hot and cold flushing toilet!
Twitter: cookie_bafc

ahippy

Post by ahippy » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:36 am

If that's his room he wants to learn how to make the bed and keep his room tidy.
I'm guessing the team is in the youth hostel? :D

Bigfathoss
Gold Member

Post by Bigfathoss » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:42 am

boyliegladbach wrote:
If i was dave bayliss ide make him run up and down the hills for 12 hours.

Curahee!
I was thinking last night, when the Morecambe players were running rings (fitness and sharpness-wise) around our lot that what we need is a drill instructor for a fitness coach.
A=A
Your life, is YOUR life. Live it.

memories of 67

Post by memories of 67 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:45 am

From what Bayles was saying when interviewed after the Carlisle game about the Coniston trip the players are going to be really put through the mill with two sessions a day of hard work & toil.
He said that he didn't expect to much of a performance from them at the Wukkie away game on Friday as they should be absolutely cream krackered from the boot camp at Coniston.
Bearing that in mind, Mr Boyes should be that shagged that he'll be able to sleep on a clothes line!! never mind the luxury of a bunk bed with comfy matress!!
Remember, doing a good job that goes unseen is like wetting yourself in a dark suit.
YOU GET A WARM FEELING BUT NO ONE ELSE NOTICES.

SKIPPER
Platinum Member

Post by SKIPPER » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:29 am

If I remember rightly Boyes was the first player signed last close-season. As such he would have been on the same trip last year so should have known what to expect. This was of course before twittermania.I suspect this is what passes for banter on this godforsaken media outlet. Thank god my kids think i'm too old,grumpy and cynical to use it.

Chris Benoit
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Chris Benoit » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:41 pm

jimcook wrote:
boyliegladbach wrote: If i was dave bayliss ide make him run up and down the hills for 12 hours.
+1
What's he complaining about, he's got a roof a mattress and a sink/hot and cold flushing toilet!
Do you use the hot flush for bits of poo that stick to the base of the toilet and the cold flush for casual poo? ;)
Steve Herbert supports the nob theory - Saturday 4th February 2012.

If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.

jimcook
Veteran Member

Post by jimcook » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:44 pm

Eric Cartman wrote: Do you use the hot flush for bits of poo that stick to the base of the toilet and the cold flush for casual poo? ;)
The plug hole makes the casual poo a little more difficult to be honest.
Twitter: cookie_bafc