Cambridge Highlights

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Reg
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 1

Cambridge Highlights

Post by Reg » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:49 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_j6CJYQN8w

Not sure who is doing this for the club but it's nicely presented.

Hopefully it will become a regular thing.

The views expressed on this site are my own and do not reflect the views of my employer

Zak
Platinum Member

Re: Cambridge Highlights

Post by Zak » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:01 am

First view of that video the handball looked like it was the right decision, watched it back a few times and now I don't think it is.

Despite that, if appeals are run how I would run them, the red wouldn't get rescinded.
you let your club die...

K-Man
Platinum Member

Post by K-Man » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:43 am

Thought the pen and sending off was one of them letter of the law and all that but a certain goal for Camb would of sufficed, Looked at the nd goal, how much [SwearFilter] space on the edge do they want ? Don't know what Hurst went down for didn't look like anything at all on the vid but something obvs in it. their 3rd awful keeping wether it's Hurst our RB or me bad keeping that :lol:

Steelworks End
Platinum Member

Post by Steelworks End » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:18 am

Zak wrote:First view of that video the handball looked like it was the right decision, watched it back a few times and now I don't think it is.

Despite that, if appeals are run how I would run them, the red wouldn't get rescinded.
Owen seemed to be falling - or diving to block the route to goal - when the ball hit his arm; on the line, it had to be a penalty and a red card .... if he had denied a goalscoring opportunity.

It seems however that either the referee was incredibly quick with his whistle and blew for the penalty in the fraction of a second before the ball crossed the line (it is difficult to tell from the video highlights), or otherwise he just got it wrong and disallowed a good goal to award a penalty - which could have been saved or missed of course. if this had happened, then Cambridge would have good grounds for being very upset at the decision.

Barrow could argue that the red card should be rescinded because it didn't prevent a goalscoring opportunity - or at least it wouldn't had the referee shown a modicum of common sense and not disallowed the goal. I can't see the FA accepting this, though - they tend to be equally lacking in common sense.

saltcellar
Gold Member

Post by saltcellar » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:32 pm

The more times I look at the Cambridge first goal the more I can see no reason for the referee to award a penalty. I think the ball struck Owen at the top of his shoulder. It then dropped to the ground about 2 1/2 feet from the goal line then Gash blasted it into the netas it hit the ground. The referee blew his whistle 1 1/2 seconds AFTER the ball had hit the back of the net. Why not award the goal. The referee had a good view of the incident yet never awarded the lenalty. It was the linesman 45 yards away and not facing Owen who gave it. HOW COULD HE BE SURE OWEN STOPPED IT WITH HIS HAND/ARM? I thought at the time that his flag was raised and then across his chest AFTER the ball had gone in. A very poor decision.

Ste Story
BarrowAFC.net Administrator

Post by Ste Story » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:48 pm

Reg wrote:Not sure who is doing this for the club but it's nicely presented.

+1 - Do away with those amateur silly transitions, but other than that credit where it's due!
BarrowAFC.net Site Admin - Contact Me
Spatiari ut Progrediaris

K_BFC
Gold Member

Post by K_BFC » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:48 pm

saltcellar wrote:I thought at the time that his flag was raised and then across his chest AFTER the ball had gone in.
The poor response times of ref assistants is shocking, they lack the ability to raise their flags in a nano second, quite frustrating! :lol: Seriously, on the video the penalty award/sending off does look ambiguous at best. Undone on the second goal with one of our own set piece moves. :(

I think the video's are a nice touch and thanks goes to the person(s) responsible and the club for posting them on the website. Great for games that we have missed and for getting a second look at games we have been to.

Hadrian
Gold Member

Post by Hadrian » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:40 pm

Ste Story wrote:
Reg wrote:Not sure who is doing this for the club but it's nicely presented.

+1 - Do away with those amateur silly transitions, but other than that credit where it's due!
Ah, but you don't remember the days before Quantel...

(Agree, actually!)

Pleased to see the highlights - good effort!

DaveC
Platinum Member

Post by DaveC » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:03 pm

Really like the highlights. I think they're done by a chap called Mr Wearing, I used to work with his son Gary and I've seen him help his dad out a few times.

I agree with Story, the transitions could be a little better, and maybe we could use a bit of a closer angle on the action. Love the highlights, long may they continue!
Dave C

Keep asking questions, don't eat the bullshit!