Ashley Hoskin

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Leo
Bronze Member
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ashley Hoskin

Post by Leo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:46 pm

gubbins wrote:Never mind his offer to bail the club out, I 've just bought an evening mail and upon turning to the back page what do i find facing me? I'll tell you what! A middle aged bald bloke hands thrust deep into his coat pocket on a bitterly cold january night wearing football boots, football socks and football shorts!!
hanging out of these shorts are a pair of what can only be described as stumpy, flabby little white legs!!
To be fair to him he's not the only past it ex football manager/coach who dresses in this manner, but for the love of god, why do they do this??
AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!

GUBBINS
Strangest post I've seen on this forum in a while, and I've been following 1AFC!!

Barrow-in-Furness - The 19th happiest place in Britain

pjdaly
Bronze Member

Post by pjdaly » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:05 pm

If this gesture is true then it really is extraordinary and reminds me in these dificult times why I will always prefer to watch Barrow and this level of football to Premier League, no matter how bad we are. If it is a genuine offer everyone in top-flight football should be made to hear about it and reminded how the true soul of football can still be found sometimes,and usually amongst the down and outs of the lower professional levels.

Hadrian
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Hadrian » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:05 pm

gubbins wrote:Never mind his offer to bail the club out, I 've just bought an evening mail and upon turning to the back page what do i find facing me? I'll tell you what! A middle aged bald bloke hands thrust deep into his coat pocket on a bitterly cold january night wearing football boots, football socks and football shorts!!
hanging out of these shorts are a pair of what can only be described as stumpy, flabby little white legs!!
To be fair to him he's not the only past it ex football manager/coach who dresses in this manner, but for the love of god, why do they do this??
AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!

GUBBINS
Postman Envy?

Steelworks End
Platinum Member

Post by Steelworks End » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:12 pm

pjdaly wrote:If this gesture is true then it really is extraordinary and reminds me in these dificult times why I will always prefer to watch Barrow and this level of football to Premier League, no matter how bad we are. If it is a genuine offer everyone in top-flight football should be made to hear about it and reminded how the true soul of football can still be found sometimes,and usually amongst the down and outs of the lower professional levels.
Well said.

I wonder how much the footballing millionaires of the Premier League really care about the game? Second thoughts, I know the answer.

Ashley Hoskin is a diamond for this.

1AFC
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 1AFC » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:17 pm

Leo wrote:
AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!

GUBBINS
Strangest post I've seen on this forum in a while, and I've been following myself!!
+1

gubbins
Posts in topic: 8

Post by gubbins » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:31 pm

Hadrian,
What's "postman envy"??
is hoskins a postman in his full time job??
if he is, then why would someone of my ilk envy him??

mightywhite
Veteran Member

Post by mightywhite » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:12 pm

gubbins wrote:Hadrian,
What's "postman envy"??
Because he has a job?

Mike Croasdell
Veteran Member

Post by Mike Croasdell » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:27 pm

Steelworks End wrote:
pjdaly wrote:If this gesture is true then it really is extraordinary and reminds me in these dificult times why I will always prefer to watch Barrow and this level of football to Premier League, no matter how bad we are. If it is a genuine offer everyone in top-flight football should be made to hear about it and reminded how the true soul of football can still be found sometimes,and usually amongst the down and outs of the lower professional levels.
Well said.

I wonder how much the footballing millionaires of the Premier League really care about the game? Second thoughts, I know the answer.

Ashley Hoskin is a diamond for this.
I totally agree John.
Total Respect Ashley
When the light begins to change
I sometimes feel a little strange
A little anxious when it's dark.

toko

Post by toko » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:33 pm

AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!

GUBBINS
what a queer post!
but in fairness to you, nobody has acually answered your question, i think coaches / managers dress like that to try to show unity, all for one and all that.
to be fair, having only 13 players, they have to be a tight nit group as they must all know each other pretty well. i just hope they show some commaradory on the field and get the might afc out of this pit!!

toko :flag:

Hadrian
Gold Member

Post by Hadrian » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:59 pm

gubbins wrote:Hadrian,
What's "postman envy"??
Your question was "why do they do this?"

Have you not noticed many posties wearing shorts all year irrespective of the weather?

I don't think AH is a postman but he may be envious of their shorts.

I don't know why your ilk would envy him unless he has bigger antlers and a shinier nose.

corkitfatso1

Post by corkitfatso1 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:18 am

Its either a Bayliss moment or Hoskin did say it, now whether if pushed came to shove and he was asked to pay it i doubt he would, he has probably said it in jest, 'Yeah Bayles, i will [SwearFilter] pay it' (course you will Hoskin)

Richard Ingham
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Richard Ingham » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:32 am

Hoskin was a tyre fitter wasnt he when we played Wigan and the telly did that "Phil Collins lookalike" interview with him?

Is that on Youtube anywhere btw?
"Barrow produces world class feats of engineering on a regular basis. Kettering produces Weetabix" - @bafc_lancaster

"Danny Livesey collects stitches like nectar points" - @bafc_lancaster

saltcellar
Gold Member

Post by saltcellar » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:52 am

Richard Ingham wrote:Hoskin was a tyre fitter wasnt he when we played Wigan and the telly did that "Phil Collins lookalike" interview with him?

Is that on Youtube anywhere btw?
Ashley helped run his father's scrapyard business until he had a serious hand accident.
He now helps his wife run a fresh farm & dairy stall on Accrington Market.

gubbins

Post by gubbins » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:30 am

Hadrian wrote:
Have you not noticed many posties wearing shorts all year irrespective of the weather?

I don't think AH is a postman but he may be envious of their shorts.

I don't know why your ilk would envy him unless he has bigger antlers and a shinier nose.

Errmm... ok hadrian, thanks for your efforts in replying to me. But, i think your getting confused by the word "ilk" when i said people of my ilk, this statement means people like me!!
your getting confused with "elk" which is a large red north american dear!!
it makesthe last line of your post ridiculous!!

gubbins

Post by gubbins » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:34 am

corkitfatso1 wrote:Its either a Bayliss moment or Hoskin did say it, now whether if pushed came to shove and he was asked to pay it i doubt he would, he has probably said it in jest, 'Yeah Bayles, i will [SwearFilter] pay it' (course you will Hoskin)

you could be correct, if hoskins sells a few yoghurts on a market stall then i seriously doubt he could bail afc out of this mess!!