Betting Syndicate Rota

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Reg
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 3

Betting Syndicate Rota

Post by Reg » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:47 pm

Just sorting the rota by the order people responded in. I'll slip Dave an myself in on the end.

We'll be betting in batches of four for 16 weeks, then the ones that have done best will get a 5th go at the end.

£10 to bet with per week. Any sport as long as it's covered by traditional bookies.

Try not to go for enormous accumulators, as the chance of my making an error increases with every selection :)

Week 1

Capman
Rich Ingham
Dodger
Jaws

Week 2
Ste Story
Muggy
HenneysKnee
Shurgy

Week 3
Alhosk
Konaldo
Uncle Peter
Plynie

Week 4
Nuffsaid
JimboC
Munt
Lancaster Branch
Reg

Cycle through that 4 times and then see where we are for the last two weeks.

I'll set up a separate thread for results that I'll ask Ste to lock every week so it doesn't get clogged up with people's comments/congratulations/[SwearFilter] takes.

I asked Coral for some free bets but they never obliged but I'm hoping to open some new accounts so we might get the odd free £10 bet here and there which we can just use for other people's turns and save some extra cash from the float.

All bets to me by no later than 9pm on Friday evenings. If you miss you turn, your £10 just goes back into the float and you have to wait until it's your turn again.

Lets get some winners!

The views expressed on this site are my own and do not reflect the views of my employer

Reg
Platinum Member

Re: Betting Syndicate Rota

Post by Reg » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:51 pm

So, in case it's not clear, I want bets PM'd to me by no later than 9pm Friday from:

Capman
Rich
Dodger
Sharky

£10 each to [SwearFilter] into the wind lads!
The views expressed on this site are my own and do not reflect the views of my employer

Coco Jimbo
Silver Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Coco Jimbo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:03 am

just thought why dont we scalp all the bookies free bets they give out .......its about a bag (1k) out of it when you do them all obvs just needs bit of a b.r to start but it is literally risk free,just laying your bets off to abuse there free bet offers ,bet 365 is the best for this 200 quid deposit bonus then 50 on mobile that you can lay off on betfair to green up :?:
are you watchin steven vaughan?r u watchin steven vaughan

Reg
Platinum Member

Post by Reg » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:44 am

jimboc90 wrote:just thought why dont we scalp all the bookies free bets they give out .......its about a bag (1k) out of it when you do them all obvs just needs bit of a b.r to start but it is literally risk free,just laying your bets off to abuse there free bet offers ,bet 365 is the best for this 200 quid deposit bonus then 50 on mobile that you can lay off on betfair to green up :?:
A few reasons.

1) I can't be arsed with all the messing around that takes.
2) Most free bet offers are on your first bet only. Our bets are all just going to be £10, so I'll probably open new accounts with every credible bookie. Take all the free £10's and then just place future bets with the best prices when we've had all the bonuses.
3) I don't have the time, or the inclination to arb on Betfair for what are going to be relatively small bets.

It's a fun little fundraiser and I'll do my best to snag a few freebies but I'm not going to make it too time consuming because every hour it takes me on a Friday night to place the bets is going to cost me $25 in lost poker earnings, or make me stay up an hour later so I don't lose an hour of poker takings.

I'm not trying to make a martyr of myself here because it really isn't a hard thing to do but it would be a lot harder than I could be bothered with if I were to go about trying to squeak every bit of EV out of every transaction!

Richard Ingham
Platinum Member

Post by Richard Ingham » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:19 am

Reg,

Being a novice at such things can you point me in the direction of a website that lists fixtures and odds etc?

Cheers.
"Barrow produces world class feats of engineering on a regular basis. Kettering produces Weetabix" - @bafc_lancaster

"Danny Livesey collects stitches like nectar points" - @bafc_lancaster

Ste Story
BarrowAFC.net Administrator
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ste Story » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:51 am

BarrowAFC.net Site Admin - Contact Me
Spatiari ut Progrediaris

Richard Ingham
Platinum Member

Post by Richard Ingham » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:06 am

Thanks Ste.
"Barrow produces world class feats of engineering on a regular basis. Kettering produces Weetabix" - @bafc_lancaster

"Danny Livesey collects stitches like nectar points" - @bafc_lancaster

Coco Jimbo
Silver Member

Post by Coco Jimbo » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:41 pm

25$ a hour....get the club on that we will be minted soon
are you watchin steven vaughan?r u watchin steven vaughan