The Run In

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Reg
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 1

The Run In

Post by Reg » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:25 am

I think we'll have 47-49 points by the time the last day rolls around.

I put the Macc game down as a win(because I hate them)but I think a draw is more likely.

We should really have 6 easy points with Ebbsfleet and Hyde still to come to us, so if we can get another 3 points from Macc/Alfreton/Cambridge, I think we might just survive.

Hyde winning tonight was a big, big shock. Hopefully, it was just a fluke because before tonight, I thought 48 points would be the number for safety but we might have to go and get 50 now :(

Half of me hopes it comes down to the Braintree game so we can have at least one memorable game this season but the biggest part of me hopes we somehow get the job done before then.

We're going to have to be almost perfect at home from now until the end of the season. In theory, there is no reason why I should expect us to miraculously start getting results at home but in practice, I look at the fixtures and think to myself that it's still firmly in our own hands.

Unless we can pick something unexpected up on the road, we're in the last chance saloon when it comes to getting it right at home.

We can easily still do this but everyone has to believe it and right now, I think the majority think we're as good as down already. I'm not going to lie, until I had a real good look at our remaining games, I thought we were [SwearFilter]! Now, I'm not so sure that we are!

The views expressed on this site are my own and do not reflect the views of my employer

Barrowabc
Gold Member

Re: The Run In

Post by Barrowabc » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:37 am

If we play as bad as last night then we are down. Stockport 'are' were shat so what did that make us poor at best :shock: . From word go I've said we'll stay up. Now I really can't see it been honest we are [SwearFilter] like my head was last night :(
Love many, trust afew, but always paddle your own canoe ! My spelling is gash

32mile_cul-de-sac
Gold Member

Post by 32mile_cul-de-sac » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:55 am

Reg wrote:I think we'll have 47-49 points by the time the last day rolls around.

I put the Macc game down as a win(because I hate them)but I think a draw is more likely.

We should really have 6 easy points with Ebbsfleet and Hyde still to come to us, so if we can get another 3 points from Macc/Alfreton/Cambridge, I think we might just survive.

Hyde winning tonight was a big, big shock. Hopefully, it was just a fluke because before tonight, I thought 48 points would be the number for safety but we might have to go and get 50 now :(

Half of me hopes it comes down to the Braintree game so we can have at least one memorable game this season but the biggest part of me hopes we somehow get the job done before then.

We're going to have to be almost perfect at home from now until the end of the season. In theory, there is no reason why I should expect us to miraculously start getting results at home but in practice, I look at the fixtures and think to myself that it's still firmly in our own hands.

Unless we can pick something unexpected up on the road, we're in the last chance saloon when it comes to getting it right at home.

We can easily still do this but everyone has to believe it and right now, I think the majority think we're as good as down already. I'm not going to lie, until I had a real good look at our remaining games, I thought we were [SwearFilter]! Now, I'm not so sure that we are!

No such thing as six easy points :roll:

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:59 am

I admire your confidence in saying that we can win the majority of our remaining home games but unfortunately the stats don't back that up.

To me, last night and the Nuneaton games were ones we had to win and if we had it would have made a massive difference.

However we are where we are and as someone once said football is a funny old game.

We shall see.

Jim
Platinum Member

Post by Jim » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:44 am

I am not giving up on them yet. Barrow being Barrow, you never know from one game to the next what sort of result you are going to get. I was quite worried before yesterday's game because it was just the sort of circumstances where, from past experience, you can expect a let down. 'Must win' games at home are the ones where we usually flop. I was hoping i would be wrong, but we were true to form!

We are just as likely to beat Hereford, Dartford etc as to lose to Hyde.

Steeley
Platinum Member

Post by Steeley » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:55 am

Just cant see us beating the likes of Hyde etc, every time we play a shit team this year were even worse than usual.
Bish=God

Jonty
Platinum Member

Post by Jonty » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:02 am

Not impossible but we are leaving ourselves a lot to do. We have to start winning games now. I think we need to win 5 games out of 10. 50 points may not be enough this season and our goal difference is the worst down there.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

Mike Wilson
Silver Member

Post by Mike Wilson » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:05 am

Steeley wrote:Just cant see us beating the likes of Hyde etc, every time we play a [SwearFilter] team this year were even worse than usual.
This is BAFC to a tee, how many times have the bottom 8 sides beat us in the last few seasons ? the ratio must be shocking :sentoff:
At least Mad Russell can hold on to a lead easier than BAFC

Zak
Platinum Member

Post by Zak » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:09 am

We'll get something at Dartford. Their record against lower half teams is shocking.
you let your club die...

dcarradus

Post by dcarradus » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:35 pm

Hereford- draw
Dartford- lose
Ebbsfleet-win
Macclesfield-draw
Grimsby-lose
Hyde-win
Mansfield-draw
Alfreton-lose
Cambridge-lose
Braintree-win

I can see us getting 12 points at the most so can see us on 49 points maybe enough maybe not lets just hope it is.Nuneaton v Lincoln massive game this wkend not sure what would be best result for us,Its between us Lincoln,Hyde,Nuneaton for the drop think the others above should be ok, i think Ebbsfeet and Telford are down
bluebirdsforever