Grimes

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Steeley
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Grimes

Post by Steeley » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:08 am

Well sacked is a very different thing to what has actually happened. Its the same as saying we sacked Grand and Cook just because they left.

Bish=God

russell_anderson
Silver Member
Posts in topic: 9

Post by russell_anderson » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:22 am

Steeley wrote:Well sacked is a very different thing to what has actually happened. Its the same as saying we sacked Grand and Cook just because they left.
Sacked - No. Services not required - Yes. And the point I was making is that I doubt very much that Hitthebar22 was meaning sacked in the literal sense.

Bluebird_john
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bluebird_john » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:14 pm

Steeley wrote:Well sacked is a very different thing to what has actually happened. Its the same as saying we sacked Grand and Cook just because they left.
Grand wasn't offered a new contract, Cook was.

Hitthebar22
Veteran Member
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Hitthebar22 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:42 pm

russell_anderson wrote:
Kieran wrote:
Has he balls been sacked! He wasn't in the manager's plans so has been told he can leave if he wanted to, he's found himself another club therefore a transfer has been set up. The only issue left to settle was that he still had a contract with us. Do we want a fee? Does he want the rest of his contract paying up as compensation for it being terminated? Neither of those scenarios would have been beneficial to player or club so its been agreed to terminate the contract so that he's free to join Southport. That's all the "mutual agreement" bit refers to. If Grimes had wanted to he could've easily sat out the remaining year picking up a good wage for very little.

Disappointing it hasn't worked out with him and there does appear to be a suggestion that his attitude isn't great, but to suggest we've sacked him is nonsense.
I took Hitthebar22's "sacked" comment not to mean literally sacked but "allowed to leave", "not wanted", "told he had no future therefore could stay to the end of his contract without being picked or move on", etc, etc. all of which I believe are perfectly true. Perhaps he could clarify but I didn't for a moment think he meant literally sacked as it obvious to anybody that he couldn't be sacked other than for misconduct and there has been no suggestion of that by anybody.
More than happy to clarify.
It's semantics.
In my opinion Grimes was told he was no longer wanted, by the manager, who threatened sometime ago there would be a clear out.
Exactly in the same way that Darren Edmondson was told he was no longer wanted, but obviously for different reasons and in different circumstances.
It's something of a face saver (semantics again) to say that a contract is "terminated by mutual agreement"
Only a few will ever know the reality of how it came about.
In my opinion he'd still be at Barrow if Cox wanted him.

Hitthebar22
Veteran Member

Post by Hitthebar22 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:44 pm

Meant to add Russell_Andersons initial observations about my "sacked" allegation are exactly what I meant.

The Real Slim Azza
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 30

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:47 pm

Hitthebar22 wrote:Meant to add Russell_Andersons initial observations about my "sacked" allegation are exactly what I meant.

Thank the lord youve had good old Russ to back you up there haha
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

Hitthebar22
Veteran Member

Post by Hitthebar22 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:21 am

Hilarious.
Poor show if that's the best you can do.
Rather like Ashley Grimes attempting to play decent footy in The National League.

chipmunx
Veteran Member
Posts in topic: 5

Post by chipmunx » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:43 am

admin - can you put this under general football as Grimes is now nothing to do with Barrow and a former member of this forum is just being an annoying tw@t for the sake of it......
Bring it on!!!

The Real Slim Azza
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 30

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:55 am

chipmunx wrote:admin - can you put this under general football as Grimes is now nothing to do with Barrow and a former member of this forum is just being an annoying tw@t for the sake of it......
ml

You don't need the t and the end of tw@
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

Renfrew Refugee
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Renfrew Refugee » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:35 pm

Its strange the moderator has removed the Shirt Thread for moderation anf not this thread