Grimes

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
User avatar
McMark
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 5422
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Grimes

Post by McMark » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:03 pm

Ashley's football just didn't get going at Barrow, hopefully he will fair better at his next club!


Iron Ore and Shipbuilders Tea!!
http://t.co/gOngBGrUvv?amp=1

popsider
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:08 am
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Grimes

Post by popsider » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:06 pm

Rochdale we're glad when he went to Walsall, poison in the dressing room, glad he's gone and I guess he was a big earner as well if mellor goes too a great relief freeing up another salary,
News is what other people dont want you to know, the rest is advertising ...........Randolph Hearst

ant
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 2052
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:48 pm
Location: Popular side
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Grimes

Post by ant » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:15 pm

And of course you were in that dressing room? kind of remark should maybe be in rumours thread. :oops:
Seasons to be cheerful.Part 10 n 3 /4 :skill:

Moribund
Silver Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 1358
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:30 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Grimes

Post by Moribund » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:22 pm

The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote:
Moribund wrote:Must have been his lack of height that let him down, nothing to do with him being a yard off the pace and looking generally useless.
....Or the 11 appearances off the bench when being played out of position in a defensive under performing side probably didn't help.
Out of interest, in those 11 appearances, where did you develop the fantasy that he might be actually quite decent?

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 30
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Grimes

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:27 pm

Moribund wrote:
The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote:
....Or the 11 appearances off the bench when being played out of position in a defensive under performing side probably didn't help.
Out of interest, in those 11 appearances, where did you develop the fantasy that he might be actually quite decent?

Put Danny Livesey up front and feed the ball to his feet for 13 minutes every week and see how he plays.
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

popsider
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:08 am
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Grimes

Post by popsider » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:57 pm

ant wrote:And of course you were in that dressing room? kind of remark should maybe be in rumours thread. :oops:

No but I know one of Rochdales directors.
News is what other people dont want you to know, the rest is advertising ...........Randolph Hearst

User avatar
Steeley
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 4838
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:27 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Grimes

Post by Steeley » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:06 pm

Moribund wrote:
The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote:
....Or the 11 appearances off the bench when being played out of position in a defensive under performing side probably didn't help.
Out of interest, in those 11 appearances, where did you develop the fantasy that he might be actually quite decent?
To be fair he won us the game at Macclesfield
Bish=God

Bingo
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 3131
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
Location: Failsworth, Manchester
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Grimes

Post by Bingo » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:25 pm

I thought he showed sparks of being a decent player. I was excited when we signed him so it's disappointing he didn't do better or really get a chance to show us.

Matty
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 2988
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:57 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Grimes

Post by Matty » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:35 pm

Shame it didn't work out, good luck to him at Southport, they've got a good player if they play to his strengths.

Not a great loss to us though IMO.
Popular side since '03.

Conference North Champions 2014-15

Hitthebar22
Veteran Member
Posts in topic: 11
Posts: 581
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:40 am
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Grimes

Post by Hitthebar22 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:47 pm

He never showed any real commitment, he never looked like he was trying. I don't like bad mouthing people without feeling very strongly about it, but in my opinion he was a very, very poor player who might have flattered to deceive if he'd put more effort in. No chance of that from what I saw.

russell_anderson
Silver Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Grimes

Post by russell_anderson » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:54 pm

Hitthebar22 wrote:He never showed any real commitment, he never looked like he was trying. I don't like bad mouthing people without feeling very strongly about it, but in my opinion he was a very, very poor player who might have flattered to deceive if he'd put more effort in. No chance of that from what I saw.
I agree. The few times I saw him he hardly ever moved out of a 15 yard radius. Running was an alien concept to him.

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 30
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Grimes

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:06 pm

russell_anderson wrote:
Hitthebar22 wrote:He never showed any real commitment, he never looked like he was trying. I don't like bad mouthing people without feeling very strongly about it, but in my opinion he was a very, very poor player who might have flattered to deceive if he'd put more effort in. No chance of that from what I saw.
I agree. The few times I saw him he hardly ever moved out of a 15 yard radius. Running was an alien concept to him.

Thats what happens when your an attacking midfielder who wants the ball to his feet. Didn't really work to well if the balls going over his and Andy Cooks head for a goal kick.

Ive never understood this Barrow Fan logic of " Hes runs around alot so hes a good player."
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

Bluebird_john
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:45 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Grimes

Post by Bluebird_john » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:27 pm

Good riddance

Moribund
Silver Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 1358
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:30 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Grimes

Post by Moribund » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:33 pm

Steeley wrote:
Moribund wrote:
Out of interest, in those 11 appearances, where did you develop the fantasy that he might be actually quite decent?
To be fair he won us the game at Macclesfield

I was there at that one. He won a penalty, fair play to him, but didn't showcase much of his legendary skill (and "world class vision" or whatever the quote was...). A 7/10 for his 15 minute run out

russell_anderson
Silver Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Grimes

Post by russell_anderson » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:33 pm

The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote:
russell_anderson wrote:I agree. The few times I saw him he hardly ever moved out of a 15 yard radius. Running was an alien concept to him.

Thats what happens when your an attacking midfielder who wants the ball to his feet. Didn't really work to well if the balls going over his and Andy Cooks head for a goal kick.

Ive never understood this Barrow Fan logic of " Hes runs around alot so hes a good player."
"Running around a lot" doesn't make a good player but you'll never make a good player even with some skill if you put no effort in and that's the player I saw when I watched Grimes.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests

Login  •  Register