BarrowAFC.net would like to thank Ormsgill Off-Licence And Convenience Store (Middlefield) for their kind support for the past 3 years in enabling you all to use this forum.

New Manager

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Dalton Bluebird
Silver Member
Posts in topic: 3

Re: New Manager

Post by Dalton Bluebird » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:42 pm

I don't belieeeeeeeve it!

Middleton Nick
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Middleton Nick » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:57 pm

New 3 yr deal gets the thumbs up from me.

McMark
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 18

Post by McMark » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:53 pm

Big deal that for the big man. And fantastic news!
Iron Ore and Shipbuilders Tea!!
http://t.co/gOngBGrUvv?amp=1

Barrowabc
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Barrowabc » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:03 pm

Best signing since Ray willki imo, he'll take us to football league and signings he has made has confirmed this, well done barrowafc and look forward to renewal of my season ticket and helping out with ground ect
Love many, trust afew, but always paddle your own canoe ! My spelling is gash

russell_anderson
Silver Member
Posts in topic: 9

Post by russell_anderson » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:28 pm

Ian Evatt has done a fantastic job. Everything about the club now looks so professional to the way it seemed previously although the new owners must also have contributed. A couple of good signings could make Barrow a very good team next season.

GTBLUE
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 6

Post by GTBLUE » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:29 pm

Well, that's just made my summer ! Never expected 3 years. Brilliant work from the board. More " positive" things have happened ( and are still happening) in the last 6 months than in the last 6 decades. I mentioned positive twice, sorry about that. 😂

russell_anderson
Silver Member
Posts in topic: 9

Post by russell_anderson » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:33 pm

GTBLUE wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:29 pm
Well, that's just made my summer ! Never expected 3 years. Brilliant work from the board. More " positive" things have happened ( and are still happening) in the last 6 months than in the last 6 decades. I mentioned positive twice, sorry about that. 😂
Is it positive enough for the Fylde supporter to return, GT?

GTBLUE
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 6

Post by GTBLUE » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:45 pm

russell_anderson wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:33 pm
GTBLUE wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:29 pm
Is it positive enough for the Fylde supporter to return, GT?
Roadblocks south of Swarthmoor should prevent that Russell.

pjdaly
Bronze Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by pjdaly » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:01 pm

After some of the football we've produced at times this season the Evatt news is the best thing for years and years but . . . . .

Positivity is poison to some! There are those whose lives seem to thrive on being able to turn up on the Holker Street terraces and whinge and bellyache for 90 minutes. Who, or what, are they going to take it out on if – whisper it – we did quite well? Should the club arrange counselling for them if they don't get their regular boofix next season?

geobarrovian
Posts in topic: 4

Post by geobarrovian » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:08 pm

I am really bloody excited for next season.

coops123
Posts in topic: 1

Post by coops123 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:45 pm

very optimistic for next season,stability,players and manager already signing, a feel good factor, to me it appears to be all positive.cannot wait :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Hitthebar22
Veteran Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Hitthebar22 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:20 pm

pjdaly wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:01 pm
After some of the football we've produced at times this season the Evatt news is the best thing for years and years but . . . . .

Positivity is poison to some! There are those whose lives seem to thrive on being able to turn up on the Holker Street terraces and whinge and bellyache for 90 minutes. Who, or what, are they going to take it out on if – whisper it – we did quite well? Should the club arrange counselling for them if they don't get their regular boofix next season?
I agree with this. I just don’t get it when there has to be a whinge.
Even had people moaning around me v Hartlepool - “don’t pass back” “get it forward” “get it into the box” - all ok in a way, but not when if you know anything about the game it’s obvious they are now playing possession football, that the opposition often have 10 men behind the ball, that the hoof game is no longer the way forward, even in this league.
On a different level, knocking those in charge has been an easy target. As an example Pedro consistently had it in in for the Cassons - ok ultimately they might not have got it right, but arguably they saved us when they bought the club, and they brought in Evatt.