would like to thank Ormsgill Off-Licence And Convenience Store (Middlefield) for their kind support for the past 3 years in enabling you all to use this forum.

Barrow's barren spell continues as we lose 0-2 to Barnet

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Post Reply
Barrow Lad New
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:44 pm
Status: Offline

Barrow's barren spell continues as we lose 0-2 to Barnet

Post by Barrow Lad New » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:07 pm

Barrow: Firth, Brown, Norrington-Davies, Jones, Wilson, Taylor, Rooney, Burgess, Kay, Smith, Sousa
37: Hindle replaced Sousa
Half Time: Barthram replaced Brown
79: Molyneux replaced Kay

Booked: Norrington-Davies (89)

Barnet: Cousins, Anderson, Johnson, Robson, Adams, Taylor, Fonguck, Walker, Tutonda, Sweeney, Duku
63: Reynolds replaced Tutonda
68: Barham replaced Duku
71: Tarpey replaced Walker

GOALS: Duku (16), Fonguck (36)

Booked: Walker (obstruction, 63)

A cold but sunny and clear afternoon brought out a 1,135 crowd (including 70 visiting fans) to see Barrow lose 0-2 to Barnet. With teams below also dropping points, Barrow remain in 13th position. However, Barnet in 12th have widened the gap to 4 points following their comprehensive victory today.

Barrow started the game well and, in the 6th minute, Mark Cousins did well to block a close-range Josh Kay effort, Dan Jones heading over the rebound.

However, our recent defensive frailties came back into play when on the quarter hour, Immanuelson Duku fired past Andrew Firth following a counter attack, at this stage against the run of play.

Barrow plugged away but to little effect, a Rooney long range effort on the half hour sailing over the bar.

In the 36th minute, Barnet again ran through Barrow’s defence, Wesley Fonguck making it two, especially galling as Barrow should have been awarded a free kick on the edge of the area seconds before.

Evatt’s response was to immediately replace home debutant Erico Sousa with Jack Hindle. A bad foul on Josh Kay in the 40th minute went unpunished, another example of officials’ decisions adding to our frustration.

At half time, Evatt replaced Connor Brown with Jack Barthram. However, Barnet started brightly and threatened a number of times at the start of the second half. Three minutes in, Firth saved a shot from Tutonda and, shortly after, another from Duku.

Barrow lacked cohesion in midfield and remained vulnerable to counters, Funguck drilling wide after being put through on goal by Tutonda in the 58th minute.

In the ten minutes after the hour, Barnet made all three substitutions. In the 72nd minute, Firth punched a long range Jack Taylor shot away for a corner.

A minute later, Barrow had a rare effort on goal as a Barthram header from a Josh Kay cross was blocked for a corner. Kay was then replaced by Lee Molyneux.

Rhys Norrington-Davies was awarded Barrow’s man of the match although he was booked in the final minute of normal time following an incident and brawl near the popular side touchline.

A poor day at the office then. Hopefully our defensive woes can be sorted before we drop down into the bottom half of the table.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Billbo+baggins+ and 34 guests

Login  •  Register