BarrowAFC.net would like to thank Ormsgill Off-Licence And Convenience Store (Middlefield) for their kind support for the past 3 years in enabling you all to use this forum.

Thank You

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Adam29
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 1

Thank You

Post by Adam29 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:21 pm

With one final game to go I just wanted to say a massive thank you to our listeners this season.
I know people aren’t always going to agree with things that I say, the wonders of football being a game full of opinions but would we have it any other way?

It truly is an honour for me to be doing this job and looking forward to another season of being the eyes for our great supporters who can’t make games be it based abroad, far a field or in work etc.

Here’s hoping that this time next season we are preparing for either a promotion party or even a trip to wembley for a play off final/FA Trophy Final, heck why not be greedy and have both.

One other thing i hope will happen next year is see more Barrow supporters getting involved in the post match show. It really is great having your texts and tweets fired across to me and it would be fantastic to have more supporter reaction to our games on air.

Anyway i have babbled on enough, massive thanks again :scarf: :scarf:

McMark
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Thank You

Post by McMark » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:26 pm

Thanks for all your efforts in keeping us informed when we can't be there in person Adam. :scarf: :scarf:
Iron Ore and Shipbuilders Tea!!
http://t.co/gOngBGrUvv?amp=1

Suffolk Blue
Bronze Member

Post by Suffolk Blue » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:37 pm

McMark wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:26 pm
Thanks for all your efforts in keeping us informed when we can't be there in person Adam. :scarf: :scarf:
Special thanks from us ex-pats Adam. You are very much the voice of BAFC for those of us in the deep south.

blue future

Post by blue future » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:47 am

I was in Tenerife for Easter and tuned in for both games.
Thank You for what you do. You don’t know how appreciated you are and how good you are.
Cheers Mate

Nigel Bamford
Gold Member

Post by Nigel Bamford » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:25 am

I don't always enjoy what I'm listening to (Dover is a recent example) but I always value it. Thanks Adam. Mind, it was even better NOT listening to you on Monday even though I was nobbut a couple of yards away. :D
It all comes 'round again.

Hitthebar22
Veteran Member

Post by Hitthebar22 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:50 am

I’ve listened to quite a few commentaries when Barrow have been playing away, and I really think you do a good job.
Being honest my opinion is that some (not all) of the summarisers that you have had with you aren’t very good.
The interviews with Evatt are good; he obviously has some respect for you as I hear it.

Pedro
Silver Member

Post by Pedro » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:51 am

I've listened to you while in Asia, Central and South America it's really good that local radio commentary can be heard when traveling.
BBC knockers take note ,private stations would do nothing like this.
Do not know you Adam but you seem a natural and keep up the good work.
Thanks

Steelworks End
Platinum Member

Post by Steelworks End » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:20 am

Full credit to Adam for his very professional match commentaries on Radio Cumbria, home and away, throughout the season, but also a big "thank you" to Matthew Dodd for his excellent camera work in recording the match highlights.

Matched up with Adam's commentary, the highlights programmes produced by Matthew are of a standard way above those from other clubs at our level, and even several levels above. They are easily on par with anything put out by the big television companies.

Together Adam and Matthew produce highlights programmes which we - and they - can be truly proud of.

Hadrian
Gold Member

Post by Hadrian » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:00 pm

Fully agree with the above and I would add that I have enjoyed the various co-commentators, too. Different in their own ways but all with interesting opinions.

Thanks to all concerned with sound and vision.

pjdaly
Bronze Member

Post by pjdaly » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:28 pm

Thank you very much, Adam, for the excellent commentaries. It's the passion that counts . . . . . we know for sure on the radio the moment that we have scored and that's how it should be. In the past, commentators have sometimes been very dry and flat when we've put the ball in the net and I have been left thinking "oh, he doesn't sound too excited, I guess he's going to say the liner's flag is up". With you it is instantly clear and that's how it has to be for those of us who don't have eyes. Taciturn was the word I was looking for . . . you are definitely NOT taciturn and long may it stay that way.

LDBF
Bronze Member

Post by LDBF » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:45 pm

From Belize, Central America - Thank you. Sometimes I feel bad as you speak of the Barrow weather as I am sat outside in the sweltering heat watching the parrots fly past, sometimes the odd Bluebird.

nottinghamblue

Post by nottinghamblue » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:01 pm

Hi Adam. On behalf of the Barrow AFC National Supporters' Club, can I thank you and Radio Cumbria for providing such an excellent match day service, particularly the live commentaries. Our members are spread far and wide and few, if any, manage to get to every game. But we can always tune in to BBC RC and listen to you and whoever is beside you in the commentary box. My friends are often amazed that I can listen to live commentary of all Barrow matches. I'm sure that it is not unique in non-league football but that doesn't make it any less welcome. Enjoy your summer. Might see you at Gateshead but will definitely look out for you at Holker Street next season, when the beer's on me!

Andy McKinnon,
Chairman, NSC.

manxy

Post by manxy » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:25 pm

Good job Adam. I've listened to almost all of your commentaries this season, and been at the other matches myself. You are doing a great service to all us out of towners.Look forward to Next season, also Mathews highlights are brilliant, so thanks again from the Isle of Man.

McMark
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by McMark » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:56 pm

Agree excellent work too from Matty Dodd.
Hearing that another guy behind the lens. Photographer Dave Chubb is calling it a day due to work commitments.
There's been some truly wonderful images from Dave's camera over the last few years. Thanks for those memories Dave. :scarf: :scarf:
Last edited by McMark on Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iron Ore and Shipbuilders Tea!!
http://t.co/gOngBGrUvv?amp=1

mickmike wilson
Platinum Member

Post by mickmike wilson » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:03 pm

Steelworks End wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:20 am
Full credit to Adam for his very professional match commentaries on Radio Cumbria, home and away, throughout the season, but also a big "thank you" to Matthew Dodd for his excellent camera work in recording the match highlights.

Matched up with Adam's commentary, the highlights programmes produced by Matthew are of a standard way above those from other clubs at our level, and even several levels above. They are easily on par with anything put out by the big television companies.

Together Adam and Matthew produce highlights programmes which we - and they - can be truly proud of.
This with knobs on.....We are very fortunate to get this top notch coverage-commentary-video highlights & as an expat it truly keeps us connected to the club & as a consequence it encourages us to support the clubs fundraisers financially.

Many thanks.