BarrowAFC.net would like to thank Ormsgill Off-Licence And Convenience Store (Middlefield) for their kind support for the past 3 years in enabling you all to use this forum.

Season Tickets 19/20

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
whitty1969
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 2017
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Season Tickets 19/20

Post by whitty1969 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:37 pm

Season tickets launched for next season

https://www.barrowafc.com/match-day-sea ... s-2019-20/

Season hasen't finished yet.....Is this really Barrow AFC ?



Hadrian
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 2152
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:32 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Season Tickets 19/20

Post by Hadrian » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:41 pm

Sensible pricing.

Inevitably some won't be suited.

boyliegladbach
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 7374
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Season Tickets 19/20

Post by boyliegladbach » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:43 pm

No point getting one after the advance sales if your going to miss one game as its £13 in advance online.
£285 season ticket or £299 using advance online sales at £13 a match.
I won't be getting one, downside is,when I had one if we had a drop in form or the weather was crap I went anyway, and spent money in bar as well, without a ST I won't bother.
Looks like adults are just subsidising the cheap young tickets
Last edited by boyliegladbach on Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bullet proof vest not life vest.

Main Stand SeasonTct
Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Season Tickets 19/20

Post by Main Stand SeasonTct » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:51 pm

whitty1969 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:37 pm
Season tickets launched for next season

https://www.barrowafc.com/match-day-sea ... s-2019-20/

Season hasen't finished yet.....Is this really Barrow AFC ?
To be fair they went onsale last season at the beginning of April. ;)
Quite a hike in price for myself as its £100 MORE for my main stand ticket than last season. The £36 increase on last years early bird offer plus the scrapping of the 25% loyalty bonus
has seen to that. It won't stop me purchasing one though :scarf:
Last edited by Main Stand SeasonTct on Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Middleton Nick
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Season Tickets 19/20

Post by Middleton Nick » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:03 pm

I keep banging on about this, but a good idea would be to introduce a half season ticket with random tickets. This idea was supposed to be introduced last year but still it isn't available. I presume it's not coming.

boyliegladbach
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 7374
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Season Tickets 19/20

Post by boyliegladbach » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:09 pm

Middleton Nick wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:03 pm
I keep banging on about this, but a good idea would be to introduce a half season ticket with random tickets. This idea was supposed to be introduced last year but still it isn't available. I presume it's not coming.
Barely save anything with a ST Nick, so cant see much of a saving on any other deals
Bullet proof vest not life vest.

Middleton Nick
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Season Tickets 19/20

Post by Middleton Nick » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:12 pm

Trawling through the online purchase there doesn't seem to be a facility for bluebirds trust platinum member discount and the charge for postage is £3.95 which is excessive in my opinion.

boyliegladbach
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 7374
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Season Tickets 19/20

Post by boyliegladbach » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:19 pm

How are decisions like pricing done now? Do the board decide ? Or does one person do it?
Bullet proof vest not life vest.

whitty1969
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 2017
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Season Tickets 19/20

Post by whitty1969 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:25 pm

All done at board level boylie

boyliegladbach
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 7374
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Season Tickets 19/20

Post by boyliegladbach » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:26 pm

whitty1969 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:25 pm
All done at board level boylie
Thanks, just checking our 10% is consulted
Bullet proof vest not life vest.

Hadrian
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 2152
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:32 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Season Tickets 19/20

Post by Hadrian » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:10 pm

boyliegladbach wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:43 pm
No point getting one after the advance sales if your going to miss one game as its £13 in advance online.
£285 season ticket or £299 using advance online sales at £13 a match.
I won't be getting one, downside is,when I had one if we had a drop in form or the weather was crap I went anyway, and spent money in bar as well, without a ST I won't bother.
Looks like adults are just subsidising the cheap young tickets
Guess age subsidy is fair enough and the club will also be subsidising it from lost child income.

Anyone that can buy an Early Bird ticket saves cost of more than three advance tickets. Buying a full-price ticket, perhaps on the monthly Direct Debit basis, as you point out saves more than the cost of one. Either option saves having to remember to buy in advance.

Holkerbird
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 5322
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
Contact:
Status: Online

Re: Season Tickets 19/20

Post by Holkerbird » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:12 pm

Main Stand SeasonTct wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:51 pm
whitty1969 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:37 pm
Season tickets launched for next season

https://www.barrowafc.com/match-day-sea ... s-2019-20/

Season hasen't finished yet.....Is this really Barrow AFC ?
To be fair they went onsale last season at the beginning of April. ;)
Quite a hike in price for myself as its £100 MORE for my main stand ticket than last season. The £36 increase on last years early bird offer plus the scrapping of the 25% loyalty bonus
has seen to that. It won't stop me purchasing one though :scarf:
I get what you mean about the increase but as the 25% bonus was probably a one off discount from the previous owners in reality we are paying an extra £36 then. I wish my council tax and energy bills etc had only gone up that amount. I am taking your word for these figures as I haven't a clue how much I pay.
Like me you are still going to buy one. The owners aren't purporting to be big money men, just people like us that want the club to prosper and grow. They are trying to build up the youth and youngsters support for the club with offers, which is the way to go. These are the future of the club if it is going to survive in the future.
I hope we can provide Ian Evatt with a decent budget that he can work with to build a successful team next season. I have certainly enjoyed this last one.

barrowaberdeen
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 8026
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm
Location: Independent Newbarns
Status: Offline

Re: Season Tickets 19/20

Post by barrowaberdeen » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:18 pm

There was consultation about it Al .

Speaking entirely personally here, I would have gone for a quid on all the adults and U16 all free all season. But they want to target offers and I get that. The ST cost with discount was a bit of a one off with that discount, I think it's the least I paid going back the last 10 years and I've had a fair few in that time.

Main Stand SeasonTct
Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Season Tickets 19/20

Post by Main Stand SeasonTct » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:32 pm

barrowaberdeen wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:18 pm
There was consultation about it Al .

Speaking entirely personally here, I would have gone for a quid on all the adults and U16 all free all season. But they want to target offers and I get that. The ST cost with discount was a bit of a one off with that discount, I think it's the least I paid going back the last 10 years and I've had a fair few in that time.
I have to say that with the 25% bonus last years early bird season tickets were ridiculously cheap. IIRC if you included friendlies it worked out less than £9 a game for an adult main stand season ticket. For a club at our level those sort of discounts are not sustainable.

HenneysKnee
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3778
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Season Tickets 19/20

Post by HenneysKnee » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:59 pm

Hopefully plenty of Under 21 tickets are snapped up to make it worthwhile being offered so cheap

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Esso Blue, Holkerbird, russell_anderson and 35 guests

Login  •  Register