BarrowAFC.net would like to thank Ormsgill Off-Licence And Convenience Store (Middlefield) for their kind support for the past 3 years in enabling you all to use this forum.

Photos of ground developments

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Walneyite
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Photos of ground developments

Post by Walneyite » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:03 am

Personal opinion is looks good. I think some excellent (and very hard) work gone into making the (OUR community) ground look really good. The amount of effort and commitment put in is a credit to those who have contributed all the way through.

Walneyite :scarf:

barrowaberdeen
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 6

Post by barrowaberdeen » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:12 pm

It's just to balance up the frontage of rest of ground. Club also have a new disabled area there which will be in place by start of league season- this is what part of our 1901 money is for. They have made reasonable adjustments for a temporary solution during the friendlies.

In terms of the West Terrace, we are at the start, not the finish. I think the directors are sometimes a bit too polite to say what sort of money these things cost- it's not my place to, but I would like them to take that approach and detail what has been spent. We are contributing too of course and I know how appreciated that is

To drop the terrace, which they have had to do on safety grounds, to provide new walls, concrete the area etc cost an awful lot of money which is well over their original investment.

I know it doesn't look great and there's more to come, but as we hurtle towards pre season we just need to keep this in mind.

Paul

Post by Paul » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:34 pm

barrowaberdeen wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:12 pm
It's just to balance up the frontage of rest of ground. Club also have a new disabled area there which will be in place by start of league season- this is what part of our 1901 money is for. They have made reasonable adjustments for a temporary solution during the friendlies.

In terms of the West Terrace, we are at the start, not the finish. I think the directors are sometimes a bit too polite to say what sort of money these things cost- it's not my place to, but I would like them to take that approach and detail what has been spent. We are contributing too of course and I know how appreciated that is

To drop the terrace, which they have had to do on safety grounds, to provide new walls, concrete the area etc cost an awful lot of money which is well over their original investment.

I know it doesn't look great and there's more to come, but as we hurtle towards pre season we just need to keep this in mind.
Thanks for the info Steve, brilliant work being done all around the club. Can't wait for season to start.

HenneysKnee
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 5

Post by HenneysKnee » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:08 pm

Paint it blue and then (hopefully) will be covered in advertising boards anyway for the various companies coming on board and no-one will know the difference

barrowfan_chris
BarrowAFC.net Moderator
Posts in topic: 1

Post by barrowfan_chris » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:38 pm

barrowaberdeen wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:12 pm

Good post Steve and yes the Accrington chairman does this well explaining the costs involved with running a club and the decisions he takes.

Lots to be positive about in what promises to be a good season for the club fingers crossed.

spirit of 1990
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 53

Post by spirit of 1990 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:35 pm

HenneysKnee wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:08 pm
Paint it blue and then (hopefully) will be covered in advertising boards anyway for the various companies coming on board and no-one will know the difference
Someone’s a step ahead there mate 😁
Attachments
35D240B3-CA49-4977-8445-9B15C23B91DB.jpeg
35D240B3-CA49-4977-8445-9B15C23B91DB.jpeg (2.96 MiB) Viewed 3033 times
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

mrsenario
Gold Member

Post by mrsenario » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:51 pm

Looks really smart now hope it gets filled with sponsors

Alley_Cat
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Alley_Cat » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:48 pm

I'm so pleased to see all of these projects gathering speed and the community coming together to make it happen. It truly is astonishing!!

Jonty
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Jonty » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:23 pm

Unpainted it looked a bit brutal, but have to say, looks far better now with a lick of paint. Good effort everyone
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

mickmike wilson
Platinum Member

Post by mickmike wilson » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:31 pm

spirit of 1990 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:35 pm
HenneysKnee wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:08 pm
Someone’s a step ahead there mate 😁
Now that area has been levelled & cleared it looks HUGE.....Progress :scarf:

Big improvement all round.

PerthBluebird

Post by PerthBluebird » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:42 pm

Great effort by all involved shame papa cass did nothing to the ground substantial looks so much better, question how long before the holker street end will need demolishing it must be on its last legs you can see the wall bending how old is that terrace 100 years plus old?
Be seeing you

spirit of 1990
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 53

Post by spirit of 1990 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:15 pm

PerthBluebird wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:42 pm
Great effort by all involved shame papa cass did nothing to the ground substantial looks so much better, question how long before the holker street end will need demolishing it must be on its last legs you can see the wall bending how old is that terrace 100 years plus old?
Apparently the outside of the wall is the strongest part of the whole end HSE structure.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

optomisticsupporter
Posts in topic: 3

Post by optomisticsupporter » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:32 pm

These look like the things they use separating lanes on the motorway.

walney rock
Veteran Member

Post by walney rock » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:50 pm

Deffo a vast improvement in comparison to what that corner was like before the work started, well done to all involved :scarf:
NO man shall be judged!

Pedro
Silver Member

Post by Pedro » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:26 pm

Looks like we have a plan.
Credit to everyone involved and how far they have progressed things on and off the field