BarrowAFC.net would like to thank Ormsgill Off-Licence And Convenience Store (Middlefield) for their kind support for the past 3 years in enabling you all to use this forum.

Photos of ground developments

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
User avatar
spirit of 1990
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 53
Posts: 8079
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Photos of ground developments

Post by spirit of 1990 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:43 pm

The new galley for serving the corporate rooms, stud partition wall fitted & plastered, units & sink installed, power now supplied, floor laid and painted out and now not far from being completed.
IRVJ has virtually lived in there for two weeks - and done a fantastic job of it.
Attachments
8F9869F1-1FA8-4A61-A2FA-571E3C68406F.jpeg
8F9869F1-1FA8-4A61-A2FA-571E3C68406F.jpeg (1.76 MiB) Viewed 1537 times


We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

Holkerbird
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 21
Posts: 5322
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Photos of ground developments

Post by Holkerbird » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:51 pm

spirit of 1990 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:43 pm
The new galley for serving the corporate rooms, stud partition wall fitted & plastered, units & sink installed, power now supplied, floor laid and painted out and now not far from being completed.
IRVJ has virtually lived in there for two weeks - and done a fantastic job of it.
That should be Sir IRVJ. I hate to think of the number of days/hours he has put in this close season. All day, every day.

mrsenario
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 1588
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:15 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Photos of ground developments

Post by mrsenario » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:55 pm

I now propose The Curruthers Galley.... any seconders

Holkerbird
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 21
Posts: 5322
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Photos of ground developments

Post by Holkerbird » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:06 pm

mrsenario wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:55 pm
I now propose The Curruthers Galley.... any seconders
Great idea Tommy. I second that. Get a sign made. 😁

Jameston1
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:29 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Photos of ground developments

Post by Jameston1 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:09 pm

Went down this morning to see if there was anything to go to the tip. Ryan said that theres a skip so at the minute there wasn't. I did take a box of broken glass for them though. If there is anything else that is needed/wanting to go to the tip just let me know, happy to pop down, the beauty of having a van thats registered as a motorhome - no need for a permit!
Being a bluebird is for life not just when we are winning games

"we saw you in the trophy final, we saw you in the fa cup 3rd round, but we sure as hell haven't seen you any other time"

JammyBluebird
Veteran Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 508
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:57 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Photos of ground developments

Post by JammyBluebird » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:13 pm

Jameston1 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:09 pm
Went down this morning to see if there was anything to go to the tip. Ryan said that theres a skip so at the minute there wasn't. I did take a box of broken glass for them though. If there is anything else that is needed/wanting to go to the tip just let me know, happy to pop down, the beauty of having a van thats registered as a motorhome - no need for a permit!
There is a skip on the flat bit in the ground next to clubhouse

Jameston1
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:29 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Photos of ground developments

Post by Jameston1 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:20 pm

JammyBluebird wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:13 pm
Jameston1 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:09 pm
Went down this morning to see if there was anything to go to the tip. Ryan said that theres a skip so at the minute there wasn't. I did take a box of broken glass for them though. If there is anything else that is needed/wanting to go to the tip just let me know, happy to pop down, the beauty of having a van thats registered as a motorhome - no need for a permit!
There is a skip on the flat bit in the ground next to clubhouse
I know that now, I just called in as I was going to the tip so thought I would see if there was anything they wanted me to take whilst I was going.
Being a bluebird is for life not just when we are winning games

"we saw you in the trophy final, we saw you in the fa cup 3rd round, but we sure as hell haven't seen you any other time"

User avatar
spirit of 1990
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 53
Posts: 8079
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Photos of ground developments

Post by spirit of 1990 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:53 pm

Old West terrace.
Attachments
93623D6A-0C50-47AF-A083-BFD575899492.jpeg
93623D6A-0C50-47AF-A083-BFD575899492.jpeg (122.18 KiB) Viewed 961 times
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

mickycarrol
Bronze Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 832
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:45 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Photos of ground developments

Post by mickycarrol » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:31 pm

Some fantastic work gone on at the ground over the last few weeks and the pics look superb. Well done and thank you to all involved.
Last edited by mickycarrol on Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they dont know the game"
Bill Shankly

User avatar
Steelworks End
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 5728
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:03 pm
Location: Twickenham
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Photos of ground developments

Post by Steelworks End » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:09 pm

Wow! The old West Terrace is looking far better than I imagined it would. I can only second the comments made in the previous post. A great effort by all concerned.

Bingo
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 3127
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
Location: Failsworth, Manchester
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Photos of ground developments

Post by Bingo » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:32 pm

Brilliant what has been achieved in such a short period of time and thank you to those that have done all this

Quick question if anyone knows those plans that were submitted to the council are they for future development because they seem quite big but impressive plans

John_Bucks
Bluebirds Prediction League Champion 2017/18
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1528
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:37 am
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Photos of ground developments

Post by John_Bucks » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:10 pm

spirit of 1990 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:53 pm
Old West terrace.
Genuinely thought that was an artists impression on first glance. Looks great.
Life is always better when it's better

mightywhite
Veteran Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:54 pm
Location: Leeds
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Photos of ground developments

Post by mightywhite » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:58 pm

Hello, please forgive my ignorance, but regarding the planning document that was posted earlier in this thread, is that eventually going to replace what is in the above photo?

boyliegladbach
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 7374
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Photos of ground developments

Post by boyliegladbach » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:14 pm

mightywhite wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:58 pm
Hello, please forgive my ignorance, but regarding the planning document that was posted earlier in this thread, is that eventually going to replace what is in the above photo?
No its in a different area
Bullet proof vest not life vest.

Lancaster Branch
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 4759
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:15 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Photos of ground developments

Post by Lancaster Branch » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:23 pm

mightywhite wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:58 pm
Hello, please forgive my ignorance, but regarding the planning document that was posted earlier in this thread, is that eventually going to replace what is in the above photo?
Planning document is for the area between the Cross Bar and the Popular Side. The pics above are what used to be the West Terrace.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cubbins Paratrooper and 34 guests

Login  •  Register