Photos of ground developments

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
mrsenario
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Photos of ground developments

Post by mrsenario » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:47 pm

Tremendous effort figuring out the Chinese letters in the instructions it looks superb... why didn’t we ask puffing ron what the instructions said?

Middleton Nick
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Middleton Nick » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:54 pm

Impressive.

spirit of 1990
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 56

Post by spirit of 1990 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:10 pm

bilblu wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:01 pm
Looking very good, Ian. Congratulations to you all for the superb work during the off season.
Thanks for the double " LL's" re Holker St paint job !!!!
Ah...that’s you Bill. Thank you for your donation towards the paint.

It really has been an absolutely tremendous effort by everyone during the close season, I’d love to mention names but daren't in case I forget anyone...there really have been so many people give up their time, others give up their money, and others supply materials or give us tool donations.

I would just like to say that me or Neil usually do the Sunday write-ups but the retirees who go down during the week do not get enough mentions....we couldn’t have completed anywhere near the jobs we have done without them, from weeding to refurbishing turnstiles to replacing locks and building bars....it’s been amazing.

From the signings to all the ground improvements to the Trust’s 1901 club it’s been a close season to remember, it really has.
Last edited by spirit of 1990 on Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

Jonty
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Jonty » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:26 pm

Well said that man :scarf:
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

PerthBluebird
Posts in topic: 9

Post by PerthBluebird » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:34 pm

Get ready for some cheap purchases from Bury bet theres some bargains to be had there. Get them down in holkers league nout better than seeing a club run down to the pits.
Be seeing you

Posts in topic: 4

Post by 01524 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:48 am

PerthBluebird wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:34 pm
Get ready for some cheap purchases from Bury bet theres some bargains to be had there. Get them down in holkers league nout better than seeing a club run down to the pits.
:o

You serious ???

:evil:
Last edited by 01524 on Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adam29
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Adam29 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:15 am

Aye have to agree there
Rather harsh that

Bigfathoss
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bigfathoss » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:39 am

I don't see that as harsh. Their plight is terrible but if they go to the wall then somebody will get dome good deals. Why shouldn't it be us? Others will benefit while some are still mourning and thinking it is harsh.
A=A
Your life, is YOUR life. Live it.

Posts in topic: 4

Post by 01524 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:44 am

Yep, because Barrow haven't "nearly gone to the wall" a few times in their history have they..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Main Stand SeasonTct
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Main Stand SeasonTct » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:48 am

Bigfathoss wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:39 am
I don't see that as harsh. Their plight is terrible but if they go to the wall then somebody will get dome good deals. Why shouldn't it be us? Others will benefit while some are still mourning and thinking it is harsh.
Harsh IMO. Its akin to going through the deaths in your local paper and then approaching the relatives of the desceased a week after the death about purchasing the deceased house for a knock down price.

PerthBluebird

Post by PerthBluebird » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:34 pm

Main Stand SeasonTct wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:48 am
Bigfathoss wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:39 am
Harsh IMO. Its akin to going through the deaths in your local paper and then approaching the relatives of the desceased a week after the death about purchasing the deceased house for a knock down price.
What an absolute absurd comparison. So when companies go bust and what they did own is sold on at a reduced rate. Business buy the goods its life , when a moron is allowed to buy a club what do they expect. Run a club to be sustainable its not hard if you cant compete at the level you are at accept it. Dont just throw endless wedges off cash and this crap off premier league stopping this from happening is utter nonsense , yes the cash should flow better through the leagues but at the end off the day football is a business and why should they bail out a small club that has been run badly now. Its like me owning a small engineering shop linked to the yard if I get myself in debts I cant pay back I would nt ask the yard to pay back. And its loverly to see swarthmoor fc’s finest a former member of this forum back on the forum.
Be seeing you

spirit of 1990
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 56

Post by spirit of 1990 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:19 pm

PerthBluebird wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:34 pm
Main Stand SeasonTct wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:48 am

What an absolute absurd comparison. So when companies go bust and what they did own is sold on at a reduced rate. Business buy the goods its life , when a moron is allowed to buy a club what do they expect. Run a club to be sustainable its not hard if you cant compete at the level you are at accept it. Dont just throw endless wedges off cash and this crap off premier league stopping this from happening is utter nonsense , yes the cash should flow better through the leagues but at the end off the day football is a business and why should they bail out a small club that has been run badly now. Its like me owning a small engineering shop linked to the yard if I get myself in debts I cant pay back I would nt ask the yard to pay back. And its loverly to see swarthmoor fc’s finest a former member of this forum back on the forum.
We’ve been so close to that situation ourselves in the late 90’s, not many of us knew what was going on behind the scenes & we trusted someone to look after the club...he never and it was only through the hard work of a lot of people that we were able to carry on.

I don’t like the idea of a club going to the wall one bit, especially with a long football history like Bury have.

Your post is in poor taste, at best.
Last edited by spirit of 1990 on Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

PerthBluebird

Post by PerthBluebird » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:11 pm

spirit of 1990 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:19 pm
PerthBluebird wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:34 pm

We’ve been so close to that situation ourselves in the late 90’s, not many of us knew what was going on behind the scenes & we trusted someone to look after the club...he never and it was only through the hard work of a lot of people that we were able to carry on.

I don’t like the idea of a club going to the wall one bit, especially with a long football history like Bury have.

Your post is in poor taste, at best.
Again modern days times you know who is coming to your club you can find everything in detail now. In the 90’s little would have been known. No excuses self inflicted the club was sold for a pound.
Be seeing you

mickmike wilson
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 7

Post by mickmike wilson » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:53 pm

Footy clubs are Businesses today whether we like it or not, Some run into the ground on purpose, some just badly run by dodgy gits who spend spend spend not their own money but the clubs or should i say in name of the club & then its local businesses & the fans who have to bail them out etc.

Its an emotional business but at the end of the day i see nothing wrong with what Perth says here, If they go pop they will sell everything off & there will be lots of sports clubs looking to buy stuff at heavily discounted prices, So why not us?

Fev RL bought 2 stands off Scarborough FC & Transformed their ground which now is SL standard, So if & its a bloody big IF...We can get anything very cheap that would be a huge benefit to BAFC for decades to come, Why not?

Lancaster Branch
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Lancaster Branch » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:03 pm

The company for a phoenix club has already been set up and they will be looking to stay at Gigg Lane so screwdrivers down for now.

Hopefully Bury will be saved in the next few hours.