BarrowAFC.net would like to thank Ormsgill Off-Licence And Convenience Store (Middlefield) for their kind support for the past 3 years in enabling you all to use this forum.

Players linked thread

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Hitthebar22
Veteran Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:40 am
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Players linked thread

Post by Hitthebar22 » Mon May 06, 2019 8:43 pm

Bennett isn’t an Evatt type of player. He was a Cox special - scrapping for long balls and being physical, and got often got lucky for tap ins.
Not knocking him, but don’t think it would be good for Barrow to sign him. I don't think he’s particularly skilful and he didn't win enough headers for his size. He was lucky (again) Carlisle came in for him, but maybe he’s been found out.



Moribund
Silver Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 1335
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:30 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Players linked thread

Post by Moribund » Mon May 06, 2019 9:36 pm

Jack Doyle from Blackburn.

the ray wilkie stand
New Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:49 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Players linked thread

Post by the ray wilkie stand » Tue May 07, 2019 12:07 am

Hitthebar22 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:43 pm
Bennett isn’t an Evatt type of player. He was a Cox special - scrapping for long balls and being physical, and got often got lucky for tap ins.
Not knocking him, but don’t think it would be good for Barrow to sign him. I don't think he’s particularly skilful and he didn't win enough headers for his size. He was lucky (again) Carlisle came in for him, but maybe he’s been found out.
What on earth is blyth then? If Bennett is evatts type of player.

Matty
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2965
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:57 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Players linked thread

Post by Matty » Tue May 07, 2019 1:31 pm

Typical comments on here - good player is now shit because he's moved on to a higher level/better things.
Popular side since '03.

Conference North Champions 2014-15

Hitthebar22
Veteran Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:40 am
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Players linked thread

Post by Hitthebar22 » Tue May 07, 2019 4:02 pm

the ray wilkie stand wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 12:07 am
Hitthebar22 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:43 pm
Bennett isn’t an Evatt type of player. He was a Cox special - scrapping for long balls and being physical, and got often got lucky for tap ins.
Not knocking him, but don’t think it would be good for Barrow to sign him. I don't think he’s particularly skilful and he didn't win enough headers for his size. He was lucky (again) Carlisle came in for him, but maybe he’s been found out.
What on earth is blyth then? If Bennett is evatts type of player.
I presume you meant “isn’t” not “is”
I don’t think Bennet is Evatt’s type of player, as I said.
I don’t think Blyth is either - Evatt has hardly played him since he got fit. From what I’ve seen he isn’t very skilful, and he’s a bit lazy.
Notable that he’s not on the retained list.
I’ll eat my words if Evatt decides to keep him.

User avatar
Adam29
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 4672
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Players linked thread

Post by Adam29 » Tue May 07, 2019 4:12 pm

He is one of the players that has been offered terms for next season

Middleton Nick
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Players linked thread

Post by Middleton Nick » Tue May 07, 2019 4:22 pm

Do words taste nice?

User avatar
walney rock
Veteran Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 690
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: windy walney
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Players linked thread

Post by walney rock » Tue May 07, 2019 4:23 pm

Personally I'd have Bennett over Blyth any day of the week
NO man shall be judged!

Middleton Nick
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Players linked thread

Post by Middleton Nick » Tue May 07, 2019 4:25 pm

So would I, but Bennett wouldn't be within budget.

BAFC_Lewis
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:42 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Players linked thread

Post by BAFC_Lewis » Tue May 07, 2019 4:43 pm

Just heard that Danny Livesey is in talks with us, Salford don’t want him and he’s been on loan at Chester all season! I’d have him!

Also sneaks of Kingsley James?
Last edited by BAFC_Lewis on Tue May 07, 2019 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Middleton Nick
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Players linked thread

Post by Middleton Nick » Tue May 07, 2019 4:47 pm

BAFC_Lewis wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:43 pm
Just heard that Danny Livesey is in talks with us, Salford don’t want him and he’s been on loan at Chester all season! I’d have him!
Was great for us, but coming up to 35 yrs old now and is probably better sticking to the level he is now, National league North.

Nigel Bamford
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2026
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm
Location: Between here and gone
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Players linked thread

Post by Nigel Bamford » Tue May 07, 2019 4:59 pm

Middleton Nick wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:22 pm
Do words taste nice?
Not as much as a hat or humble pie.
It all comes 'round again.

mr_grey
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:34 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Players linked thread

Post by mr_grey » Tue May 07, 2019 5:59 pm

BAFC_Lewis wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:43 pm
Just heard that Danny Livesey is in talks with us, Salford don’t want him and he’s been on loan at Chester all season! I’d have him!

Also sneaks of Kingsley James?
Thought we were looking forward..not back?

HenneysKnee
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 17
Posts: 3773
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Players linked thread

Post by HenneysKnee » Tue May 07, 2019 6:42 pm

BAFC_Lewis wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:43 pm
Just heard that Danny Livesey is in talks with us, Salford don’t want him and he’s been on loan at Chester all season! I’d have him!

Also sneaks of Kingsley James?
What year is it?

russell_anderson
Silver Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1075
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Players linked thread

Post by russell_anderson » Tue May 07, 2019 6:43 pm

walney rock wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:23 pm
Personally I'd have Bennett over Blyth any day of the week
Agreed. Bennett is a far better player than Blyth. I would think he will be picked up by a Division 2 club.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alloa wasp, barrow01, LDBF, MWI, Per Mare Per Terram, sambino and 51 guests

Login  •  Register