BarrowAFC.net would like to thank Ormsgill Off-Licence And Convenience Store (Middlefield) for their kind support for the past 3 years in enabling you all to use this forum.

Retained List 2019/20

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Hitthebar22
Veteran Member
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Retained List 2019/20

Post by Hitthebar22 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:28 pm

barrowfan wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 12:19 pm
Hadrian wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:51 am
Connor Brown appears made almost a hundred appearances for Football League clubs, suggesting that he has been rated higher by some football professionals than by some supporters on here.
Also rated by our manager so we should show support for him, and hope that Connor has a good season.
Agree with this.
I think he was inconsistent last season, which is not what you need for any player, but particularly a defender.
He has a bit of pace, which is a bonus in our league, but I thought he was caught out of position on occasions.
Evatt wants him, so that is plenty good enough for me.

chipmunx
Veteran Member
Posts in topic: 7

Post by chipmunx » Wed May 15, 2019 12:37 pm

Hitthebar22 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 12:28 pm
barrowfan wrote:

Also rated by our manager so we should show support for him, and hope that Connor has a good season.
Agree with this.
I think he was inconsistent last season, which is not what you need for any player, but particularly a defender.
He has a bit of pace, which is a bonus in our league, but I thought he was caught out of position on occasions.
Whilst I was one of those who expected Brown to leave I trust Evatt's judgement - and remember folks Dan Jones didn't have the greatest season the one before last and look what a performer he turned out to be last season
Bring it on!!!

boyliegladbach
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by boyliegladbach » Wed May 15, 2019 1:31 pm

Hitthebar22 wrote:
barrowfan wrote:

Agree with this.
Also mans a turnstyle and serves prosecco in hospitality when injured, a great asset.
Bullet proof vest not life vest.

Lancaster Branch
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Lancaster Branch » Wed May 15, 2019 1:38 pm

A true utility player.

JammyBluebird
Veteran Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JammyBluebird » Wed May 15, 2019 1:51 pm

boyliegladbach wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:31 pm
Hitthebar22 wrote:

Agree with this.
Also mans a turnstyle and serves prosecco in hospitality when injured, a great asset.
But can he serve Cava on a cold Tuesday night at Stoke?

Suffolk Blue
Bronze Member

Post by Suffolk Blue » Wed May 15, 2019 3:47 pm

Very glad Rooneys staying. Played his socks off towards the end of last season. His distribution also offers something different.

Brown seems to have got a bit of a bad press. He can be inconsistent, and as a pure defender maybe is not in the top drawer. But he puts in a shift has pace and gets the ball forward quickly. He's also no shrinking violet. Has lived in Jones/RND shadows for a season also despite the fact that Dan in particular has some of the same flaws. Happy for him to stay. We will need cover in most positions as the squad will inevitably rotate. Better Connor than perhaps a loanee. Think we'll need our loanees further up the park next season.

So good that so many of our squad want to stay and this reflects both on the Management team and the Club in general at the moment. The consensus on this estimed forum seems to be that the squad needs 3-4 new faces in the right places to become a play-off threat. Other than Jones who's situation is confused by his current injury think we have seen the last of the retentions now. So well done IE. What happens next we look forward to with real interest.

Lastly, it'll be nice to turn up at HS in August without the need for a pencil and paper to work out who the hell I'm watching.

Suffolk Blue
Bronze Member

Post by Suffolk Blue » Wed May 15, 2019 6:13 pm

Suffolk Blue wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 3:47 pm
Very glad Rooneys staying. Played his socks off towards the end of last season. His distribution also offers something different.

Brown seems to have got a bit of a bad press. He can be inconsistent, and as a pure defender maybe is not in the top drawer. But he puts in a shift has pace and gets the ball forward quickly. He's also no shrinking violet. Has lived in Jones/RND shadows for a season also despite the fact that Dan in particular has some of the same flaws. Happy for him to stay. We will need cover in most positions as the squad will inevitably rotate. Better Connor than perhaps a loanee. Think we'll need our loanees further up the park next season.

So good that so many of our squad want to stay and this reflects both on the Management team and the Club in general at the moment. The consensus on this estimed forum seems to be that the squad needs 3-4 new faces in the right places to become a play-off threat. Other than Jones who's situation is confused by his current injury think we have seen the last of the retentions now. So well done IE. What happens next we look forward to with real interest.

Lastly, it'll be nice to turn up at HS in August without the need for a pencil and paper to work out who the hell I'm watching.
Put something on the forum and immediately I get texts complaining about my spelling. "Estimed" should of course read "esteemed" and "who's" should be "whose". Should've eaten my Snickers. Better?

Middleton Nick
Gold Member

Post by Middleton Nick » Wed May 15, 2019 7:03 pm

Suffolk Blue wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 6:13 pm
Suffolk Blue wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 3:47 pm

Put something on the forum and immediately I get texts complaining about my spelling. "Estimed" should of course read "esteemed" and "who's" should be "whose". Should've eaten my Snickers. Better?
Should HAVE. Get a grip S. B. Oops my error.
Last edited by Middleton Nick on Wed May 15, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan » Wed May 15, 2019 9:28 pm

At least he didn’t say ‘should of’.

McMark
Platinum Member

Post by McMark » Thu May 16, 2019 3:09 pm

Sky bet has Chesterfield and Notts County as early favourites for the title next year at 7/1, we are tipped 18th at 28/1
Iron Ore and Shipbuilders Tea!!
http://t.co/gOngBGrUvv?amp=1

HenneysKnee
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 6

Post by HenneysKnee » Sat May 18, 2019 10:42 am

Waterston signed for Wukky, should do very well at that low level

McMark
Platinum Member

Post by McMark » Sat May 18, 2019 10:52 am

HenneysKnee wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:42 am
Waterston signed for Wukky, should do very well at that low level
Good luck to the lad. Needs to be playing football on a regular basis, should achieve that there!
Iron Ore and Shipbuilders Tea!!
http://t.co/gOngBGrUvv?amp=1

Hadrian
Gold Member

Post by Hadrian » Sat May 18, 2019 11:11 am

Agree. Hope he does well.

BAFC_SAM

Post by BAFC_SAM » Sat May 18, 2019 11:47 am

Are wukky in Holkers league now 👀

Middleton Nick
Gold Member

Post by Middleton Nick » Sat May 18, 2019 11:56 am

BAFC_SAM wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 11:47 am
Are wukky in Holkers league now 👀
No. They will be playing in Div 1, North West section of the old NPL.