BarrowAFC.net would like to thank Ormsgill Off-Licence And Convenience Store (Middlefield) for their kind support for the past 3 years in enabling you all to use this forum.

Volunteers Invitation

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
BAFC_Official
Posts in topic: 1

Volunteers Invitation

Post by BAFC_Official » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:50 am

Hi Everyone,

Following the incredible efforts and long hours that we have seen people put in, Paul Hornby has asked me to post the following invitation to everyone who has helped out with the redevelopment works over the last few months. :scarf:

Where do I start... the last few weeks have been so busy at the club, it really makes your head spin. What was initially planned as some summer upgrades has turned into a full refurbishment of the whole club and major works too. When our manager Ian Evatt saw the transformation he was truly moved.

This work could not have been completed without the hard work and dedication of all of our maintenance team and volunteers. I believe that the hours and commitment shown to Barrow AFC is unique which makes you guys something really special. As a Board we are truly thankful and humbled we have such support and it makes us even more determined to make this journey in the clubs history one to remember.

A lot was said back in October about re-connecting with the town. What I’ve witnessed in the last 6 months is that the town never went away, it was just waiting to come and help. No-one epitomises this statement more than the GM Team.

Therefore, as a thank you, we would like to offer an open invitation FOR ANYONE WHO HAS VOLUNTEERED THEIR TIME OVER THE SUMMER to come and attend the Blackpool Pre-Season Friendly in hospitality. It will be a chance for you to relax and enjoy the surroundings you have worked so hard to create.

I look forward to seeing you all,

Paul

Can anyone who would like to attend please contact either Ian Rainford (ianrainford@aol.com) or myself (r.sutherland@barrowafc.com) so we have a rough idea of numbers.

Thanks,

Ryan

Middleton Nick
Gold Member

Re: Volunteers Invitation

Post by Middleton Nick » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:06 am

Great gesture and fully deserved.

Holkerbird
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Holkerbird » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:29 pm

Whilst the volunteers have always stated they have never wanted any rewards for time and work spent improving the amenities it is a nice gesture by the board as a thank you and to show their appreciation.
I won't be there due to attending my granddaughters graduation but I am sure the "retrobates" will have a great day.
From Elaine Warden, lying on the sofa when I should be painting the managers office. 😂
Pass the Phylosan somebody.

xerxes
Silver Member

Post by xerxes » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:39 pm

Holkerbird wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:29 pm

Does it still exist? That may be over the heads of some of the younger members of this forum!

Tony

Post by Tony » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:57 pm

Holkerbird wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:29 pm
Whilst the volunteers have always stated they have never wanted any rewards for time and work spent improving the amenities it is a nice gesture by the board as a thank you and to show their appreciation.
I won't be there due to attending my granddaughters graduation but I am sure the "retrobates" will have a great day.
From Elaine Warden, lying on the sofa when I should be painting the managers office. 😂
What’s a phylosan?

Holkerbird
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Holkerbird » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:00 pm

It was a medicinal type drink and the advert said " it fortifies the over 40's. I had the full bottle as I am nearly 80.
Managers office now painted and ready for occupation.

HenneysKnee
Platinum Member

Post by HenneysKnee » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:05 pm

Great gesture from the club, hope you all have a great day. Looks thoroughly deserved from the photos on here

barrowfan_chris
BarrowAFC.net Moderator

Post by barrowfan_chris » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:28 pm

Superb gesture from the club I hope the volunteers enjoy it.

Angela
Gold Member

Post by Angela » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:29 pm

fantastic gesture and huge thanks to all involved with the work