BarrowAFC.net would like to thank Ormsgill Off-Licence And Convenience Store (Middlefield) for their kind support for the past 3 years in enabling you all to use this forum.

SQUAD

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Van Der Nipper
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 1

Re: SQUAD

Post by Van Der Nipper » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:28 pm

The best measure i have is it took 3 months to get a club after leaving us then Wrexham soon found him to be unfit and barely played him and now there isn't exactly a long line of clubs banging down the door to sign him.

ISC in the community liason officer-since 7th April 2009

spirit of 1990
Platinum Member

Post by spirit of 1990 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:15 pm

memories of 67 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:46 pm
Jonty wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:32 pm
He turned the game on its head that lad and we could not deal with his direct pace. That is what we need, players who can impact games. With that in mind I would still like to see if Kemy Augustien is available. A player who we missed when he left, and who, as the commentator said, "has that bit of magic in his boots". Without a club last time I checked. 32/33 but the experience and skill would really benefit the younger players and the way we play.
Why are so many people on here obsessed with bringing back Ex-players, I say once they've gone they're gone. Augustien is just a mercenary, leave well alone, I'm sure IE will be of the same opinion. I would rather see us sign a 21-22 year old who has ambition to improve and us having a good chance of making some money, just like we are doing with the likes of Hardcastle, Penfold & Waddington.
Can’t really agree with the first half of that, if that were the case we wouldn’t have had Paul Jones, Andy Cook, NWA etc back - and they all improved the teams they were in for us. I know for everyone of them there’s a Grant Holt but if a player leaves and he’s good enough and he wants to return then why not?

I’ve never understood the reasoning behind calling this an “obsession with ex-players”
Like Jonty says, if a player (btw, not saying KA here) can benefit the side then why not take him back?
Last edited by spirit of 1990 on Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

Moribund
Silver Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Moribund » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:40 pm

Every club forum is the same - fans calling for the manager to re-sign anyone that was half decent for them in the not too distant past. The main reason for it, let's be honest, is because most people only really know about the players that have played for their club.

Jonty
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jonty » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:42 pm

Van Der Nipper wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:28 pm
The best measure i have is it took 3 months to get a club after leaving us then Wrexham soon found him to be unfit and barely played him and now there isn't exactly a long line of clubs banging down the door to sign him.
Some clubs it doesnt work out. See this all the time with players and clubs. Some have come here with great hopes and struggled to adapt, either to the Barrow system or whatever. Asa Hall-last season Torquay player of the year. Did not work out here for him. It happens. As for Augustien not landing a club, who knows why but will have obviously affected his match fitness.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

Jonty
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jonty » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:32 pm

Moribund wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:40 pm
Every club forum is the same - fans calling for the manager to re-sign anyone that was half decent for them in the not too distant past. The main reason for it, let's be honest, is because most people only really know about the players that have played for their club.
I’m really pleased with the business we’ve done and the speed things have come together. Holt example shows a return doesn’t always work
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

John_Bucks
Bluebirds Prediction League Champion 2017/18

Post by John_Bucks » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:08 pm

Moribund wrote:
Totally agree with this. I know hardly any other clubs players... I don’t much give a shit either. Any player we can get that the manager deems will improve the squad is okay by me.
Life is always better when it's better

barrowfan_chris
BarrowAFC.net Moderator

Post by barrowfan_chris » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:39 am

We won't be re-signing Kemy the way it ended has seen to that.

Was good for us though and the goal against Salford was one of the best I've seen.

Pedro
Silver Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pedro » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:35 am

Jonty wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:32 pm
Moribund wrote:
I’m really pleased with the business we’ve done and the speed things have come together. Holt example shows a return doesn’t always work
Grant Holt had made his money and was passed his best
Not a skillfull player but made up for it by the effort he put in she was younger and fitter.
I thought he was coming back to promote the sale of pies.

mr_grey

Post by mr_grey » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:16 am

After the display by Charlie Adam on Saturday, would be great to have him at Holker Street . Ran the midfield and knew exactly what he was going to do with the ball before hed received it...

JammyBluebird
Veteran Member

Post by JammyBluebird » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:37 am

mr_grey wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:16 am
After the display by Charlie Adam on Saturday, would be great to have him at Holker Street . Ran the midfield and knew exactly what he was going to do with the ball before hed received it...
No chance! He's on trial at a championship club for a reason!

McMark
Platinum Member

Post by McMark » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:44 am

Iron Ore and Shipbuilders Tea!!
http://t.co/gOngBGrUvv?amp=1

Middleton Nick
Gold Member

Post by Middleton Nick » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:44 am

No Harrison. No deal done yet then.

McMark
Platinum Member

Post by McMark » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:50 am

Middleton Nick wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:44 am
Could be three to add Nick if you also take Fox and a loan centre back into account.
Iron Ore and Shipbuilders Tea!!
http://t.co/gOngBGrUvv?amp=1

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:02 am

Middleton Nick wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:44 am
Anybody got Photoshop? ;)

Post by 01524 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:51 am

My eyesight is rubbish.

Is Rhys Turner still with you / on that photo ?