BarrowAFC.net would like to thank Ormsgill Off-Licence And Convenience Store (Middlefield) for their kind support for the past 3 years in enabling you all to use this forum.

Blackburn Rovers (H) pre season

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
blumooncrab
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Blackburn Rovers (H) pre season

Post by blumooncrab » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:23 pm

I spoke to Byron before the game. He said it has taken 2 years to get over the ankle injury but now over it.
We shall see. He played with Evatt at Chesterfield.
He displayed a few classy touches. If he really is fit he’s worth keeping in my view as he would score goals in this team no doubt. He’s a good character wants to be at Barrow and therefore I’d like to see him stay .

Lancaster Branch
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Lancaster Branch » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:40 pm

DaveBarter wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:17 pm
Where was new-signing right back Bradley Barry?
Knee infection but nothing too serious.

Hitthebar22
Veteran Member
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Hitthebar22 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:11 pm

blumooncrab wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:23 pm
I spoke to Byron before the game. He said it has taken 2 years to get over the ankle injury but now over it.
He displayed a few classy touches. If he really is fit he’s worth keeping in my view as he would score goals in this team no doubt. He’s a good character wants to be at Barrow and therefore I’d like to see him stay .
I thought he looked slimmer and fitter than when he was at Barrow (also taller....but that’s impossible!). He didn’t have a bad game, but nothing to make me think he should have another chance. The manager has said openly that he likes him though.....
What I know of him I think fundamentally he’s a nice chap, but as a footballer he was a bit moody. If things didn’t go well he’d give the impression of sulking, and becoming disinterested in the game. I sympathise with his injury problems and if he’s fit again and committed, and Evatt wants him, I’ve no complaints. Hell of a penalty taker.

russell_anderson
Silver Member

Post by russell_anderson » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:54 pm

Hitthebar22 wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:11 pm
blumooncrab wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:23 pm
I thought he looked slimmer and fitter than when he was at Barrow (also taller....but that’s impossible!). He didn’t have a bad game, but nothing to make me think he should have another chance. The manager has said openly that he likes him though.....
What I know of him I think fundamentally he’s a nice chap, but as a footballer he was a bit moody. If things didn’t go well he’d give the impression of sulking, and becoming disinterested in the game. I sympathise with his injury problems and if he’s fit again and committed, and Evatt wants him, I’ve no complaints. Hell of a penalty taker.
IF - and it is a bit IF - he is completely over his injury I'd be very pleased if we signed him. One of the outstanding players in the Cox team and, IMO, a far better player than Bennett. Sadly, he wasn't the same player after his injury.

Barrowabc
Gold Member

Post by Barrowabc » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:09 pm

Really enjoyed the whole game yesterday and really liked the look of our no 9 first half, and also the other big lad in midfield, looked strong, and second half no 14 was a class above for me, and really impressed with the keeper second half, Charlie Adam looked fat to me, but good on the ball, also a huge huge fan of Hardcastle belting team and high hopes
Love many, trust afew, but always paddle your own canoe ! My spelling is gash

olbarrafancumbak
Bronze Member

Post by olbarrafancumbak » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:17 pm

Would have liked to have seen Byron in the first team line up, the second half team wasn't quite the same and wasn't a fair look at him imo.

Alley_Cat

Post by Alley_Cat » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:25 am

boyliegladbach wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:08 pm
Need to move that hut on pop side. No one can get past once a queue forms
Either that or knock down the block wall. Is there any reason that wall was/is there?

Hadrian
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Hadrian » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:48 am

Steps either side not aligned??

spirit of 1990
Platinum Member

Post by spirit of 1990 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:04 am

Alley_Cat wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:25 am
boyliegladbach wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:08 pm
Need to move that hut on pop side. No one can get past once a queue forms
Either that or knock down the block wall. Is there any reason that wall was/is there?
Spoke with the club about this on Friday, it was obviously too late to do anything before the game on Saturday though.
The whole wall can’t be removed as there’s a difference in height between the terracing either side. What we’ve decided (although I have to check with Mike Forsyth) is we can remove part of a crush barrier and then cut a slot in part of the wall and build a step to one side. That should make it easier for people to get around that area.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

barrowfan_chris
BarrowAFC.net Moderator

Post by barrowfan_chris » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:39 am

spirit of 1990 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:04 am
Alley_Cat wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:25 am

Spoke with the club about this on Friday, it was obviously too late to do anything before the game on Saturday though.
The whole wall can’t be removed as there’s a difference in height between the terracing either side. What we’ve decided (although I have to check with Mike Forsyth) is we can remove part of a crush barrier and then cut a slot in part of the wall and build a step to one side. That should make it easier for people to get around that area.
Would it not just be easier to move it behind the popular side? Could create another fan area or temporary one until the new area is built by crossbar.

Put some benches and you could even serve Alcohol as it wouldn't be in view of the pitch.

barrowaberdeen
Platinum Member

Post by barrowaberdeen » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:59 am

One of the many good things about Saturday was being asked to provide feedback to the board. This I have done, including some of the teething issues raised here. Overall though a very positive day!

A small point on raffle- we aren't doing one tomorrow night but I will get Darren to re-read Saturday's winner. It is also on a whiteboard in the Trust Office and once I've reminded myself of the winning number I will post on here. When RR is back things will return to their usual smoothness!

boyliegladbach
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 6

Post by boyliegladbach » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:18 pm

barrowfan_chris wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:39 am
spirit of 1990 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:04 am

Would it not just be easier to move it behind the popular side? Could create another fan area or temporary one until the new area is built by crossbar.

Put some benches and you could even serve Alcohol as it wouldn't be in view of the pitch.
+1 and you'd only need a bit of fencing either side to stop people straying off with a can
Bullet proof vest not life vest.

chipmunx
Veteran Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by chipmunx » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:28 pm

Apart from Byron Harrison does anyone know who any of the trialists were?
Bring it on!!!

BAFC_Lewis

Post by BAFC_Lewis » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:05 pm

chipmunx wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:28 pm
Ricky Miller Ex Dover

djjbafc

Post by djjbafc » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:18 pm

BAFC_Lewis wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:05 pm
chipmunx wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:28 pm
Ricky Miller Ex Dover
Really? I thought he would deman ludicrous wages.
Some player him if we got him to sign!