BarrowAFC.net would like to thank Ormsgill Off-Licence And Convenience Store (Middlefield) for their kind support for the past 3 years in enabling you all to use this forum.

Match highlights next season

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Jonty
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 5

Match highlights next season

Post by Jonty » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:03 pm

Anyone know if our excellent match day highlights with additional BBC radio Cumbria commentary will continue onto next season?

There is a lot of work for the highlights to be edited and overlaid with the radio commentary and we have been very fortunate in having these services for the last few seasons. It would be a shame to see them go in what could be a memorable season ahead.

On that note then, if there is a cost involved in doing this, is it something that fans / Trust can help out with in any way?

Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

Jonty
Platinum Member

Re: Match highlights next season

Post by Jonty » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:42 pm

I presume no one knows if highlights with commentary will be available next season? Amongst the best out there at this level, so Adam29, do you know if there will be official club highlights with commentary, Or anyone from the club- Ryan?, I know the games need to be filmed for the league, and some sort of highlights will be on the Vanarama site, but sometimes these are 30 second clips and miss out key decisions and talking points and so I am talking about edited official club highlights, through Matt Dodd. At back end of last season he told me he wasn’t sure if he would be doing them this (next) season as clearly there is time and cost involved and he has to make a living in his business. I would pay a season subscription for good commentary highlights, player / club behind the scenes interviews / exclusives. Is this something that could be supported through the Trust perhaps?

Adam29
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Adam29 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:35 pm

Pointless asking me, I don’t work for the club

Jonty
Platinum Member

Post by Jonty » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:58 pm

Yeah pointless asking you. Sorry for the assumption that as you commentate on matches I thought you may know about how all this is done.

Hadrian
Gold Member

Post by Hadrian » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:25 pm

Having a bad day, Jonty?

Jonty
Platinum Member

Post by Jonty » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:17 pm

Not at all. I now know that the club use the commentary without any involvement from BBCRC (Adam). I (incorrectly) thought it might be some joint effort.

BAFC_Official

Post by BAFC_Official » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:17 pm

Jonty wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:42 pm
I presume no one knows if highlights with commentary will be available next season? Amongst the best out there at this level, so Adam29, do you know if there will be official club highlights with commentary, Or anyone from the club- Ryan?, I know the games need to be filmed for the league, and some sort of highlights will be on the Vanarama site, but sometimes these are 30 second clips and miss out key decisions and talking points and so I am talking about edited official club highlights, through Matt Dodd. At back end of last season he told me he wasn’t sure if he would be doing them this (next) season as clearly there is time and cost involved and he has to make a living in his business. I would pay a season subscription for good commentary highlights, player / club behind the scenes interviews / exclusives. Is this something that could be supported through the Trust perhaps?
Hi Jonty,

We are still working out what the highlights will look like next year, as mentioned Matt Dodd has lots going on with his business, but we have had several positive meetings with the media department at Furness College.

I don't want to say too much now, but watch this space in regards to a subscription service!

Thanks,

Ryan

Jonty
Platinum Member

Post by Jonty » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:40 pm

Thank you