BarrowAFC.net would like to thank Ormsgill Off-Licence And Convenience Store (Middlefield) for their kind support for the past 3 years in enabling you all to use this forum.

Furness Select

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Paul
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:47 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Furness Select

Post by Paul » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:27 pm

PerthBluebird wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:04 pm
Young and hungry some off them Furness select lads id be saying see you later to Harrison just ambling through the game no change off speed or want ambling about. Great shift by Brad Hub
They may have been young & hungry, but a lot of the Barrow players were ambling about most of the game, except Angus & a classy Harrison - too many seemed to be bothered about not getting injured. I know its early & "only a friendly", but Evatt's got a lot of work to do.



PerthBluebird
Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:22 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Furness Select

Post by PerthBluebird » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:37 pm

Paul wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:27 pm
PerthBluebird wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:04 pm
Young and hungry some off them Furness select lads id be saying see you later to Harrison just ambling through the game no change off speed or want ambling about. Great shift by Brad Hub
They may have been young & hungry, but a lot of the Barrow players were ambling about most of the game, except Angus & a classy Harrison - too many seemed to be bothered about not getting injured. I know its early & "only a friendly", but Evatt's got a lot of work to do.
That keeper for the select team was a young young lad should have put a few past him no excuses that was poor. Keep in mind a majority off those select lads wont have had a training session yet this season would they?
Be seeing you

TaylorBAFC
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 168
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:08 pm
Location: Walney Island
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Furness Select

Post by TaylorBAFC » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:53 pm

Those select lads gave it a good go and took their opportunity to impress. The friendly is a great chance for them to showcase their skills and I thought they took it well. Brad Barry stood out for me, tonight.

barrowaberdeen
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 8026
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm
Location: Independent Newbarns
Status: Offline

Re: Furness Select

Post by barrowaberdeen » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:18 pm

I thought we performed admirably, Dark Fruits being especially popular. I felt the Meat and Potato shaded the Cheese and Onion, however I feat attempts to sell Steak and Kidney will prove fruitless. All of this has no relevance, rather like tonight's result. Well done to the Furness Select though and Brad Hubbold, who is a decent player who's been a bit unlucky over the last few years and could likely play higher than whatever outer footballing gulag Workington currently inhabit.

Big E
Veteran Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:05 am
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Furness Select

Post by Big E » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:27 pm


User avatar
tictactoe
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3105
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:11 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Furness Select

Post by tictactoe » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:31 pm

Oops Evatt best reconsider his pre-match mail interviews in future lol
Only a friendly and end of day result isn’t important
everyone is entitled to their opinion, deal with it

User avatar
Jonty
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 6405
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:01 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Furness Select

Post by Jonty » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:31 pm

Did either of the trialists from the Blackburn game feature?
Last edited by Jonty on Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

User avatar
chipmunx
Veteran Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 644
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:16 am
Location: Fortress Holker Street
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Furness Select

Post by chipmunx » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:34 pm

Jonty wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:31 pm
Did either of the trialists from the Blackburn game feature?
only Byron Harrison of the 3 from Saturday featured
Bring it on!!!

BAFC_Lewis
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:42 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Furness Select

Post by BAFC_Lewis » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:35 pm

Standard Pre season, another 90 to boost fitness. Fair play to Furness select. However all these calling for players to be signed have a word... we are going for playoffs not surviving the conference north.

JammyBluebird
Veteran Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 508
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:57 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:
Status: Online

Re: Furness Select

Post by JammyBluebird » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:35 pm

Jonty wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:31 pm
Did either of the trialists from the Blackburn game feature?
No. Don't think they've been invited back.

Alley_Cat
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:25 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Furness Select

Post by Alley_Cat » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:49 pm

barrowaberdeen wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:18 pm
I thought we performed admirably, Dark Fruits being especially popular. I felt the Meat and Potato shaded the Cheese and Onion, however I feat attempts to sell Steak and Kidney will prove fruitless. All of this has no relevance, rather like tonight's result. Well done to the Furness Select though and Brad Hubbold, who is a decent player who's been a bit unlucky over the last few years and could likely play higher than whatever outer footballing gulag Workington currently inhabit.
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 Steve

holkerstreetalfs
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:47 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Furness Select

Post by holkerstreetalfs » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:26 pm

Same old from last season, loads of possession, nice passing style and no end product

djjbafc
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:09 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Furness Select

Post by djjbafc » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:57 am

I know it's only a friendly but id like to hear what evatt thought of last night. Furness pleasently suprised me.
Think nath Reid is decent!

User avatar
Adam29
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4674
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Furness Select

Post by Adam29 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:17 am


Jim
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4212
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:45 pm
Location: North Yorkshire
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Furness Select

Post by Jim » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:41 am

Interesting interview. When we get to league action, apart from beating the 'good' teams, we really need to improve on beating the ones we 'should' beat!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JammyBluebird, Moribund and 28 guests

Login  •  Register