Ollie Dyson

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
whitty1969
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ollie Dyson

Post by whitty1969 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:06 am

JammyBluebird wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:24 am
blumooncrab wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:19 am
Dior, I think is more questionable - fast yes; but not a footballer ; Dior and Kay ( who I think is a footballer ) miss too many chances. We won’t progress unless we start sticking it in the back of the net .

Still need a left back - we will miss Dan Jones - Brown seems improved but is limited, no left foot - teams will suss him out quickly (as they did last year ) and he will try and kick opponents off the pitch (again).
Dyson gives options and could be Tyler Smithesque.

Still need a centre half .

But all positive and we are heading in the right direction.
A point at Wrexham would be good but whatever happens keep the faith .
How is Dior "not a footballer". His positional play in the channel between full back and centre back is fantastic, he gets his head up and looks for a pass to square for an easy goal. The only criticism of him is he sometimes lacks the confidence in himself to shoot. But he's young, off the back of an injury hampered season, and just been released by a bigger club. In my opinion he's one of the best talents we have contrscted to us.
I would say a bit raw. But his potential is huge and if he takes his pre season form into the season the main stand will be full of scouts within a few weeks

blumooncrab
Posts in topic: 4

Post by blumooncrab » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:09 am

How is Dior "not a footballer?
He’s quick but his reactions are slow-
In other words he doesn’t read play well. Passing / crossing is average and his finishing is woeful -
Still he’s looked effective and has scored goals in pre season - I hope he proves me wrong !

Moribund
Silver Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Moribund » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:14 am

blumooncrab wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:09 am
How is Dior "not a footballer?
He’s quick but his reactions are slow-
In other words he doesn’t read play well. Passing / crossing is average and his finishing is woeful -
Still he’s looked effective and has scored goals in pre season - I hope he proves me wrong !
Angus will be our main attacking outlet and his finishing is decent (as seen yesterday). Yet you use Kay as an example of a "footballer" but his finishing of easy chances is very poor. Great at long range and the spectacular, but he must have missed 5 or 6 easy tap chances this pre-season.
Last edited by Moribund on Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hitthebar22
Veteran Member

Post by Hitthebar22 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:36 am

Still need a left back - we will miss Dan Jones - Brown seems improved but is limited, no left foot - teams will suss him out quickly (as they did last year ) and he will try and kick opponents off the pitch (again).

Didn’t you see Brough play yesterday?

Middleton Nick
Gold Member

Post by Middleton Nick » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:02 am

From what I have seen of Angus I think he will play a big part this season. He will improve.

TaylorBAFC
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TaylorBAFC » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:25 pm

blumooncrab wrote:
Dior, I think is more questionable - fast yes; but not a footballer
I would love to know how! Dior has been excellent over pre-season when he has played. He had no problems finding the net yesterday with a well-placed finish. Given the success he had on loan with Nuneaton last season - who finished bottom of the North and had numerous issues off the pitch - in-front of goal, this seems an extremely silly comment.
Last edited by TaylorBAFC on Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

russell_anderson
Silver Member

Post by russell_anderson » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:36 pm

Hitthebar22 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:36 am

Didn’t you see Brough play yesterday?
Indeed. All the signs are that Barry and Brough will be the first choice fullbacks this season.

walney rock
Veteran Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by walney rock » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:25 pm

A.B. wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:49 am
walney rock wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:46 pm

Tbf hindle & Quigley ain't what u would consider proper forwards, so I'd say yes we do as most teams will go into the season with 4 centre forwards
Can you explain why you wouldn’t consider Quigley a “proper forward”?

I ment the fact he can play along the front 3, wasn't having a dig
Just my opinion

Wintergreen
Platinum Member

Post by Wintergreen » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:15 am

walney rock wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:25 pm
A.B. wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:49 am

Can you explain why you wouldn’t consider Quigley a “proper forward”?

I ment the fact he can play along the front 3, wasn't having a dig
I’m glad you cleared that up after several weeks. Coincidentally Quigley has since proved to be the best thing in a Barrow shirt and has scored half of our goal tally to date.
We'll keep the blue flag flying here...

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:37 pm

Wintergreen wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:15 am
Coincidentally Quigley has since proved to be the best thing in a Barrow shirt and has scored half of our goal tally to date.
Take your point but it's hardly a ringing endorsement at this stage of the season given the number of goals scored by the team! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tommylad

Post by Tommylad » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:47 pm

blumooncrab wrote:
Dior, I think is more questionable - fast yes; but not a footballer ; Dior and Kay ( who I think is a footballer ) miss too many chances. We won’t progress unless we start sticking it in the back of the net .
Stupid comment, the lads clearly running low on confidence in front of goal. Just needs to convert a couple and he will be up and running. Will be a key player this season.

Suffolk Blue
Bronze Member

Post by Suffolk Blue » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:41 pm

Tommylad wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:47 pm
blumooncrab wrote:
Stupid comment, the lads clearly running low on confidence in front of goal. Just needs to convert a couple and he will be up and running. Will be a key player this season.
Angus finds good positions in attacking areas. Its his finishing that is off at the moment. It would be much worse if it were the other way around. Agree that him scoring his compliment this season could make a real difference to our prospects. If that means giving him a cuddle and sticking with him then so be it.

blumooncrab

Post by blumooncrab » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:45 pm

Angus - no goals - no assists - I take no pleasure in that -
But he has missed a hatful - and the defence is being lambasted - a great deal of pressure would be relieved on the defenders if he could just put it in the onion bag - missing from within the 6 yard box on Saturday was just another glaring example of his profligacy
Last edited by blumooncrab on Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:13 pm

I wouldn't be too harsh on the lad. We've seen many examples of players in the Premiership missing golden opportunities this season! ;)

blumooncrab

Post by blumooncrab » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:40 pm

barrowfan wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:13 pm
I wouldn't be too harsh on the lad. We've seen many examples of players in the Premiership missing golden opportunities this season! ;)
Fair enough / my frustration overflows 😊😎