BARROW V Yeovil match thread

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
sambino
Veteran Member
Posts in topic: 3

Re: BARROW V Yeovil match thread

Post by sambino » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:51 pm

Thought Dixon might have been mom some good saves and good handling. Good 3 points in the end but was a nervy game

Kieran
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Kieran » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:58 pm

sambino wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:51 pm
Thought Dixon might have been mom some good saves and good handling. Good 3 points in the end but was a nervy game
Really? His handling was excellent yes, but he didn't have an actual save to make.

liverpoolann
Posts in topic: 1

Post by liverpoolann » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:01 pm

whitty1969 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:47 pm
Great 3 pts that.
Anyone of them defenders could of been MOM today.
Taylor just pipping Barry for me. Although Brown probably had his best game in a Barrow shirt today.
Moving Taylor their solved our problems today and like someone else said looks destined to stay there...
Poor gate again....We are in holiday season but still poor.
Quigley took his goal well...but we should of been out of sight with a couple of sitters missed.
Back up to mid table and another big game next weekend. What was up with Josh Kay? Injured?
Personally I thought considering the teams somewhat underwhelming start to season after all the hype and the fact game on tv and in local pubs plus holiday season that the attendance was more than I expected.We May want more but have to play better to get the floaters.Hopefully the result may help and a good away performance will swell the bank holiday Monday crowd.

Mr Zebedee

Post by Mr Zebedee » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:12 pm

Moribund wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:45 pm
Hope the pitch invader gets a good ban.
Hope the pitch invader get banned for good. What an idiot.

The last thing the club needs is being subjected to sanctions from the F.A. for spectator behaviour.

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:14 pm

What was the attendance?

Middleton Nick
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Middleton Nick » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:16 pm

barrowfan wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:14 pm
What was the attendance?
1218 with 70 odd from Yeovil. Good effort from them and [SwearFilter] poor from us. We can't keep making excuses ( like holidays etc ) anymore. This will be roughly our average 1200/1300.
Last edited by Middleton Nick on Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barrowabc
Gold Member

Post by Barrowabc » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:20 pm

Hitthebar22 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:01 pm
A VERY attacking lineup.
No Kay though, and no Harrison.
Kay is carrying an injury and spoke to him at half time, also Harrison is carrying a niggle,
Didn't think I would ever say this but we looked better today with Taylor at cb in place of josh granite, my favourite player but today highlights the hight we need at the back, and Connor brown was class today, didn't rate them at all, and our line up was just class, we have some proper players in our team
Love many, trust afew, but always paddle your own canoe ! My spelling is gash

McMark
Platinum Member

Post by McMark » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:59 pm

Result was everything today! Depleted defensively, Mr dependable, Jason Taylor was again used as a stopgap and we looked cohesively stronger with him in the back four. Team worked hard and deserved to reap the rewards in front of the cameras.
Iron Ore and Shipbuilders Tea!!
http://t.co/gOngBGrUvv?amp=1

Pedro
Silver Member

Post by Pedro » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:58 am

sambino wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:51 pm
Yes me he actually comes for balls with more confidence and is not as static as he used to be.

Suffolk Blue
Bronze Member

Post by Suffolk Blue » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:08 pm

Middleton Nick wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:16 pm
barrowfan wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:14 pm
What was the attendance?
1218 with 70 odd from Yeovil. Good effort from them and [SwearFilter] poor from us. We can't keep making excuses ( like holidays etc ) anymore. This will be roughly our average 1200/1300.
Some very low gates in the NL yesterday. Apart from the usual 400 at Bhamwood there was less than 1000 at Solihull despite their midweek 6-1 thumping of Chorley and only 1100 at Barnet for Chesterfield. Our friends at Fylde diplomatically refused to publish their gate v Woking though the away fans seemed surprised at how few were there.

So its not all to do with the fickleness of our supporters or any other teams supporters for that matter. Our season only started two weeks ago and yesterday was the fifth game during a peak holiday season with three more to come before the month end. Some might suggest that commercially you couldn't invent a worse system if you really tried.

Jonty
Platinum Member

Post by Jonty » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:30 pm

Watched highlights. Much improved performances all round. There needed to be changes after the way we showed our soft centre against Stockport and players coming into the side did well. All battled well and we need that right now. The HT heated debate, manager letting them have it out. Result- much improved second half.

Also, the old place looking good, pitch excellent.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

beachy01

Post by beachy01 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:13 pm

Jason Taylor won more headers/duals than both our CH have in the first 3 games. I wasnt a fan of him being put there but his experience was evident yesterday. Quigley is getting better with each game and i like the look of Dyson

chipmunx
Veteran Member

Post by chipmunx » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:37 pm

beachy01 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:13 pm
Jason Taylor won more headers/duals than both our CH have in the first 3 games. I wasnt a fan of him being put there but his experience was evident yesterday. Quigley is getting better with each game and i like the look of Dyson
Dyson played well, great footwork for that cross that fizzed across the goal - that deserved a goal.
Bring it on!!!

Pedro
Silver Member

Post by Pedro » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:24 pm

chipmunx wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:37 pm
beachy01 wrote:
Dyson played well, great footwork for that cross that fizzed across the goal - that deserved a goal.
Quigley did well had some good knock downs but no one running onto them.
Not impressed with Angus

Suffolk Blue
Bronze Member

Post by Suffolk Blue » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:42 pm

beachy01 wrote:
Sometimes forget that Taylor isn't a centre-half. He shows a lot of the attributes of one. In the absence of an alternative playing him in the back four might work but only against the more mediocre sides in the division because what you gain in defence you will lose in midfield. For teams with both a mobile midfield and height/pace up front (I'm thinking in particular of Solihull) that wont work because I think the midfield would be overrun.

Yeovil looked like an "allsorts" outfit yesterday. Their squad as individuals is actually quite decent but thrown together in double quick time. They didn't look like a cohesive unit up front though they were pretty disciplined at the back. I liked the finger pointing in the BAFC dressing room at half-time - it did show frustration and they did come out in a much better frame of mind in the second half. We should have won the game by 2 or 3 clear goals. But we did win and deservedly so.

Quigley seems to get better with each game and does look like he has 20 goals in him for the season. Angus finds really intelligent positions but simply cant score at the moment. If IE can change that I think we can continue to thrive even with an occasionally wobbly defence. Agree with comments re Dyson also. I'm beginning to wonder if he may be this seasons "gem".