Matty Elsdon

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
mr_grey
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 488
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:34 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Matty Eldson

Post by mr_grey » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:21 pm

Moribund wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:52 pm
Maybe someone already familiar with Barrow?
DJ by any chance. Doesn't look like hes actually played since he signed



JammyBluebird
Veteran Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 555
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:57 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Matty Eldson

Post by JammyBluebird » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:52 am

Doubt we have the budget to get DJ back

User avatar
Wintergreen
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 5381
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: The Blue Planet
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Matty Eldson

Post by Wintergreen » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:31 am

Yeah l heard that Des Johnston was on board these days, but he will be knocking on a bit now and more of a midfielder/ red card specialist than central defender.

But hey give the lad a chance by all means or Macclesfield will be acusing us of ageism.
We'll keep the blue flag flying here...

User avatar
Jonty
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 6514
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:01 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Matty Eldson

Post by Jonty » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:16 pm

Matt Eldson is the man that he brought in on a two year deal and he needs to be back as soon as his loan is up, with a point to prove and and let’s see him competing with Granite and Hird with Taylor in front of the Central defenders. Instead of talking about a replacement, what about a bit of support for the lad?
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

Moribund
Silver Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1386
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:30 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Matty Eldson

Post by Moribund » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:03 pm

Jonty wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:16 pm
Matt Eldson is the man that he brought in on a two year deal and he needs to be back as soon as his loan is up, with a point to prove and and let’s see him competing with Granite and Hird with Taylor in front of the Central defenders. Instead of talking about a replacement, what about a bit of support for the lad?
Platt is here for the season, and Elsdon will be strictly used in the Lancashire Cup (or whatever it's called) and possibly in a rare emergency scenario.

User avatar
Jonty
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 6514
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:01 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Matty Eldson

Post by Jonty » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:19 pm

Eldson is on a two year contract, he is and should be very much part of the set up.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

User avatar
McMark
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 5485
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Matty Eldson

Post by McMark » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:40 pm

Jonty wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:19 pm
Eldson is on a two year contract, he is and should be very much part of the set up.
Got to prove himself first, the manager obviously hasn’t been convinced thus far hence his lack of game time and a loan spell away. Hopefully he can get plenty of game time improve his fitness levels and go on to prove his worth!
Iron Ore and Shipbuilders Tea!!
http://t.co/gOngBGrUvv?amp=1

User avatar
Jonty
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 6514
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:01 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Matty Eldson

Post by Jonty » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:26 pm

So let's hope he can come back and push for a start. Something about signing a player on a two year deal, then sending him out on loan and bringing in a loan player for the season. Sorry it just doesn’t feel like team building to me. Hope he gets his chance to prove it here with us.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

Pedro
Silver Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Matty Eldson

Post by Pedro » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:23 am

McMark wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:40 pm
Jonty wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:19 pm
Eldson is on a two year contract, he is and should be very much part of the set up.
Got to prove himself first, the manager obviously hasn’t been convinced thus far hence his lack of game time and a loan spell away. Hopefully he can get plenty of game time improve his fitness levels and go on to prove his worth!
Agree but while he is not playing he is costing us money,maybe better get a club to pay part of his wages and gets match practise.
Gone have the days when we had a millionaire backing us we need to keep costs down.

Lancaster Branch
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4774
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:15 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Matty Eldson

Post by Lancaster Branch » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:59 pm

Elsdon.

User avatar
McMark
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 5485
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Matty Eldson

Post by McMark » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:45 pm

Lancaster Branch wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:59 pm
Elsdon.
FA cup tied after playing in a winning side against Widnes FC today.
Iron Ore and Shipbuilders Tea!!
http://t.co/gOngBGrUvv?amp=1

DaveBarter
Veteran Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 607
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:14 am
Location: B-i-F
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Matty Elsdon

Post by DaveBarter » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:58 pm

He's played all 5 games for them and they've won them all and they've not conceded a single goal. Impressive stuff.

Middleton Nick
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 2073
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Matty Elsdon

Post by Middleton Nick » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:34 pm

DaveBarter wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:58 pm
He's played all 5 games for them and they've won them all and they've not conceded a single goal. Impressive stuff.
But that's about his standard Dave. Anyhow, he's getting game time which he wouldn't have got at Barrow.

SKIPPER
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 2541
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 9:55 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Matty Eldson

Post by SKIPPER » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:13 am

McMark wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:45 pm
Lancaster Branch wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:59 pm
Elsdon.
FA cup tied after playing in a winning side against Widnes FC today.
Widnes game was the last round. Won 1-0 at 1874 Northwich on Saturday.

JammyBluebird
Veteran Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 555
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:57 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Matty Eldson

Post by JammyBluebird » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:04 am

SKIPPER wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:13 am
McMark wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:45 pm


FA cup tied after playing in a winning side against Widnes FC today.
Widnes game was the last round. Won 1-0 at 1874 Northwich on Saturday.
He played in both rounds

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 67 guests

cron

Login  •  Register