BarrowAFC.net would like to thank Ormsgill Off-Licence And Convenience Store (Middlefield) for their kind support for the past 3 years in enabling you all to use this forum.

Barrow v Bromley Match thread

A forum for previous match threads.
HenneysKnee
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Barrow v Bromley Match thread

Post by HenneysKnee » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:36 pm

Forgot about Eric Sousa

Nigel Bamford
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Nigel Bamford » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:45 pm

Colin Appleton wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:14 am
Presuming Erico Sousa who we had on loan from Accrington went back to his parent club before Xmas, can't see anywhere where that was mentioned.
His last game seems to have been 17th November v Eastleigh in which he didn't impress.
It all comes 'round again.

Adam29
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Adam29 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:26 pm

It was mentioned that he had gone back.
His loan expired

Moribund
Silver Member
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Moribund » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:42 pm

Jim wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:07 am
geobarrovian wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:09 pm
It's too early to be talking about next season it is only February, a lot can happen between now and the end of this season.
I was about to post similar. We should not be discussing retained list in February.
I disagree - for the players at least, the next three months should be their attempt at earning a contract for next season. Safety is more or less assured, so the main objective is to show the manager that they are up to it.

Some of the loan players will also be looking to make their deals permanent too, you'd imagine.

sambino
Veteran Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sambino » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:19 am

Maybe we need to look at some players contracts now so we don't loose them for nothing. Joel Dixon's performances surely may have caught the eye of other clubs and would not want to see him go at the end of the season for nothing after the time we have invested in him.

ant
Gold Member

Post by ant » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:12 pm

Moribund wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:26 pm
Season is all but over for us, and it certainly felt like it. A lot of mistakes and poor passing all round. Bromley played reasonably well and were probably worth a point overall.
Clearest penalty shout you can imagine in the first half, though they were probably due one late on too.

With thoughts turning to next season, there's only maybe three or four players I'd hope we keep.
The usual borrrrrrrrrringgggggggg " there`s only maybe three or four players i`d hope we keep." statement. laughable.
3 or 4? so, we come into some money have we? Gonna start again are we like every season with a new team.. Pathetic.. still a quarter of season to go mate. chill out ... ;)
Seasons to be cheerful.Part 10 n 3 /4 :skill:

BAFC_98

Post by BAFC_98 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:52 am

First time back on the forum in at least 10 months, nice to see the negativity is still here.

Moribund
Silver Member
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Moribund » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:40 am

ant wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:12 pm
Moribund wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:26 pm
Season is all but over for us, and it certainly felt like it. A lot of mistakes and poor passing all round. Bromley played reasonably well and were probably worth a point overall.
Clearest penalty shout you can imagine in the first half, though they were probably due one late on too.

With thoughts turning to next season, there's only maybe three or four players I'd hope we keep.
The usual borrrrrrrrrringgggggggg " there`s only maybe three or four players i`d hope we keep." statement. laughable.
3 or 4? so, we come into some money have we? Gonna start again are we like every season with a new team.. Pathetic.. still a quarter of season to go mate. chill out ... ;)
Don't be a [SwearFilter]. People can have opinions on the playing squad at any point in the season - my opinion is that of the players signed on, there's only a few that we should be striving to keep.
Dunno what you're on about "coming into money" - I fully expect it to be built on a shoestring again, but I also expect we will start again with a massive overhaul, like we do every year. If you think we are gonna keep more or less the same playing squad just for a bit of consistency, you're deluded.