BarrowAFC.net would like to thank Ormsgill Off-Licence And Convenience Store (Middlefield) for their kind support for the past 3 years in enabling you all to use this forum.

Barrow v Ebbsfleet

A forum for previous match threads.
West coast blue
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Barrow v Ebbsfleet

Post by West coast blue » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:50 pm

Jonty wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:09 pm
Hadrian wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:46 pm
Tend to agree with Spirit about needing to have appropriate opportunities in order to take a shot and keeping possession when such opportunities aren't there to try to create something more positive. As he says, different people have different opinions. A particularly unhappy type after the Bromley game - which I thought was quite absorbing with some good football from both sides - shouted when the final whistle went "**** result, **** players, **** game". Perhaps his day was complete when he didn't win the Lottery that night...

Some of the same people near me who decried "hoof ball" now decry patiently building opportunities. No point delivering the ball to opponents unnecessarily - they can't score without it!

Let's try to be positive from the terraces - unnecessary negativity comes across to the players in a small crowd and won't help their performance.
There are opportunities but they are not taken and we take an extra touch or a lay off. Its frustrating as our all round game is good.
Because we are not able to score we need that solid defence even more

barrowfan
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by barrowfan » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:32 pm

I think their goalie didn't look all that agile ;) which is probably why he was so protected by their defence and midfield when Barrow tried one of their rare forays inside the box. As you say - it's all about opinion, but we have had very few shots at all - never mind on target - for a while now.
However we have to remain positive and optimistic and get behind the lads! :)

Hadrian
Gold Member

Post by Hadrian » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:22 pm

West coast blue wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:50 pm
Because we are not able to score we need that solid defence even more
The defence has been remarkably solid - is it one league defeat and ten league clean sheets since mid-November? And that despite all the passing it about from the back while the sages in the crowd yell at them to get rid of it.

majorca

Post by majorca » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:48 pm

Just watched the highlights on national league twitter.

Goal wasnt offside and was a penalty.

Done over by the ref yestetday

saltcellar
Gold Member

Post by saltcellar » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:17 pm

janwilder

Post by janwilder » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:42 pm

How did the referee not do anything for the Ebbsfleet player intentionally standing/stomping on Josh Kay? He was looking directly at it... :?: :x

pjdaly
Bronze Member

Post by pjdaly » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:17 pm

Jan Wilder . . . too right. In that You Tube footage at 2.41 and then even more clearly in the slowmo's at around the 3.00 mark it is only too clear that the Ebbsfleet number 19 has deliberately stepped on Josh Kay. Do we not have retrospective actions against players in this league? The powers-that-be badly need to see this footage. Barrow AFC, can I appeal to you to try and make sure the authorities watch this clip? A long, long ban ought to be the punishment. For nothing to be done about this would be an outrage. I'm not saying he should be Cotterilled but he certainly shouldn't kick a ball for a long time.

It just compounds the view I had on Saturday, not just over this incident but across the match as a whole, that this ref was the worst for a long time. We had 5 bookings, they had 2, yet they were the most cynical opponents I have seen us play this season. They played the ref from the start, using every trick in the book, and the man in the middle was too naive and incompetent to realise he was being manipulated.

russell_anderson
Silver Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by russell_anderson » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:55 pm

Both goals disallowed for offside looked touch and go although the view for neither was shown fron the side of the pitch where you can tell more accurately. However, the penalty shout looked absolutely nailed on.

Steelworks End
Platinum Member

Post by Steelworks End » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:08 pm

pjdaly wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:17 pm
Do we not have retrospective actions against players in this league?
Only when it suits the powers-that-be. Sam Hird was spoken to by the match official - but wasn't shown a red card - at Sutton for a post-match incident, but received a three match ban when it was reported by the referee's assessor to the FA. Not that the club were told about it, until Friday morning.

The incident was mentioned in Ian Evett's reaction to the Ebbsfleet game on the official website.

blue nige
Gold Member

Post by blue nige » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:36 pm

pjdaly wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:17 pm
Jan Wilder . . . too right. In that You Tube footage at 2.41 and then even more clearly in the slowmo's at around the 3.00 mark it is only too clear that the Ebbsfleet number 19 has deliberately stepped on Josh Kay. Do we not have retrospective actions against players in this league? The powers-that-be badly need to see this footage. Barrow AFC, can I appeal to you to try and make sure the authorities watch this clip? A long, long ban ought to be the punishment. For nothing to be done about this would be an outrage. I'm not saying he should be Cotterilled but he certainly shouldn't kick a ball for a long time.

It just compounds the view I had on Saturday, not just over this incident but across the match as a whole, that this ref was the worst for a long time. We had 5 bookings, they had 2, yet they were the most cynical opponents I have seen us play this season. They played the ref from the start, using every trick in the book, and the man in the middle was too naive and incompetent to realise he was being manipulated.
Paul write to the FA I did about comments made by the Eastleigh manager a few seasons ago and he was given a written warning about his then and future behaviours so it's worth a punt!