BarrowAFC.net would like to thank Ormsgill Off-Licence And Convenience Store (Middlefield) for their kind support for the past 3 years in enabling you all to use this forum.

BARNET x BARROW match thread

A forum for previous match threads.
Walneywanderer1979
Posts in topic: 1

Re: BARNET x BARROW match thread

Post by Walneywanderer1979 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:54 am

We have nothing up front id ship out all our forwards in the summer especially blyth he has been awful and not upto the standard in this league turner and waterson are not good enough either but evett has done well with what he has had at his disposal a mid table finish is an excellent achievement after last season and especially with the smaller budget he has had

olbarrafancumbak
Bronze Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by olbarrafancumbak » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:12 pm

HenneysKnee wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:28 am
Blyth will never score 20 goals a season in this team, he needs loads of crosses into the box
Going out of the trophy early has killed the season off really, nothing to play for bar making sure we get those last few points to guarantee safety
Only 12 points off a playoff place and until mathematicaly impossible I'm sure IE will keep pushing! So to say nowt to play for except safety is typical negative approach..

You never know in football but I'm always a half full person and to be fair, we have under all circumstances had a really solid season so far so I see more positives.

Leyton on Tuesday and chance to see if the team can respond positively and keep the slim but not impossible hopes alive.

Kieran
Gold Member

Post by Kieran » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:49 pm

olbarrafancumbak wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:12 pm

Only 12 points off a playoff place and until mathematicaly impossible I'm sure IE will keep pushing! So to say nowt to play for except safety is typical negative approach..

You never know in football but I'm always a half full person and to be fair, we have under all circumstances had a really solid season so far so I see more positives.

Leyton on Tuesday and chance to see if the team can respond positively and keep the slim but not impossible hopes alive.
12 points with 11 games left. You're living in cloud cuckoo land if you think that's a gap that can be closed.

Still, it's been a far better season league wise than I thought as I really expected us to go down. Only disappointment really has been our poor performance in the cups.

olbarrafancumbak
Bronze Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by olbarrafancumbak » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:19 pm

Kieran wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:49 pm
olbarrafancumbak wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:12 pm

12 points with 11 games left. You're living in cloud cuckoo land if you think that's a gap that can be closed.

Still, it's been a far better season league wise than I thought as I really expected us to go down. Only disappointment really has been our poor performance in the cups.
I'm always in cuckoo land. I'm living with a woman and 3 kids😂
33 PTS up for grabs . 😁

Bingo
Platinum Member

Post by Bingo » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:30 pm

Thought we were poor apart from a 10 minute spell

Quite a good number of 102 supporting Barrow

saltcellar
Gold Member

Post by saltcellar » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:17 am

Jonty
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Jonty » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:24 pm

What is it with standing off two yards from the ball and giving players time and space to get a cross in. First goal, and very nearly a second from doing this.

At the other end, Angus just needs a look up to see Kay screaming for the ball in space to his right.

Just these things letting us down here.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc