BarrowAFC.net would like to thank Ormsgill Off-Licence And Convenience Store (Middlefield) for their kind support for the past 3 years in enabling you all to use this forum.

Barrow v Leyton Orient

A forum for previous match threads.
Jonty
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Barrow v Leyton Orient

Post by Jonty » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:42 pm

Second half brought the best out us . We played good attacking football, moved the ball around well, we fought for every ball when we lost possession, it was a great effort. Ironically it was the first half again that let us down with two or three good chances to put the ball in the net. One very good 1 on 1 save from their keeper when 1 down, don’t forget they hit the post as well. So many talking points, I forget the sequence of it all. It was a great game though.

Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

Matty
Platinum Member

Post by Matty » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:44 pm

Bigfathoss wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:15 pm
I didn't feel a moment's guilt as I left at half-time. Some of that play was woeful.
You should've stayed.
Popular side since '03.

Conference North Champions 2014-15

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:46 pm

Nigel Bamford wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:07 pm
Evatt: lack a clinical finish, couple of sucker punches.
Was that in his handbags with Justin Edinburgh at the end. :lol: Disgraceful behaviour from a manager no matter how much he is provoked. Quite a clever answer from him in his RC interview when he said he knew nothing about the odds shortening on his possible appointment as the Rochdale manager. Said he didn’t know anything about the odds but didn’t say whether or not he’d been approached about the job. Said he was the Barrow manager. We all know that Ian but will you be so in a week or two’s time?

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:51 pm

Nigel Bamford wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:16 pm
1 - 3
Kay
It wasn’t a Kaye goal. Very definitely an own goal with a diving header from their defender. The shot was actually going wide, but you probably had to be on the stand side to see that properly.

TaylorBAFC
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TaylorBAFC » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:16 pm

Josh Kay was excellent tonight, I have to say.

That was the first time we have scored more than one goal since 29th December vs Salford. It's clear as to why, with a fear of shooting and working too hard to pass it in to the net. However, we finally got a shot away and were rewarded, twice.

The character shown was fantastic and we can perhaps feel a little aggreived to not have a point at the end of it. But, Orient shown their quality in taking the chances they were given and that's the difference.

Saturday is a game that is very much winnable and we should be looking to get three points. If we aren't scared to have a go, we should be able to achieve that. We'll be benefitted by the return of Jason Taylor and Sam Hird, also.
Last edited by TaylorBAFC on Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big E
Veteran Member

Post by Big E » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:22 pm

Thought Jennings had an excellent 2nd half as well, really drove us on

boyliegladbach
Platinum Member

Post by boyliegladbach » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:26 pm

Kay 2 goals recently via deflections, shows that sometimes it's just worth having a shot instead of passing for the sake of it, losing the ball and getting hit on the break like happened twice tonight.
Evatt saying no point putting ball in box against big center halfs, well didn't we do that against Salford??

Kay definitely MOM, hopfully have barthram back Saturday as well as hird and Taylor. Need nozzer back at LB ASAP.

I thought we were awful tonight fir 70 minutes, orient wernt great, we've played better teams, but they were clinical with 2 goals and the first was a lucky cross that went in. They managed game well with thier antics once it went 2-3 which is to be expected from a team challenging for title, just a pity the weak ref fell for thier cheating antics.
Last edited by boyliegladbach on Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bullet proof vest not life vest.

boyliegladbach
Platinum Member

Post by boyliegladbach » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:30 pm

Good turnout from orient for a Tuesday night, but why are grown men into this vlogging shite, at least 3 of them came in bar pre match filming on thier phones doing some strange commentary, one oddball in bar queue filming bar staff.

Odd
Bullet proof vest not life vest.

Hitthebar22
Veteran Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Hitthebar22 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:36 am

I thought it was an excellent game. We played really well apart from in the final third where once again an inability to turn pressure into goals counted. It’s nor just a striker that’s needed, it’s someone who can create chances for others (e.g. Agustien). A fluke goal and two silly defensive mistakes - Orient were a good side, but apart from where it mattered we were better! Where it mattered says it all....
Sadly I think we are going to lose our excellent manager.

ant
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ant » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:53 am

Excellent game tonight! Enjoyed it as did lotssa folk around me. We scored two. but should have been more and taken the 3 points. Make no mistake, Orient are a decent side and had we had the player of the Tyler Smith ilk, then we would have won no doubt about it. They scored from a fluke cross that went in (we all need luck ) and a second goal that was offside. ( i was right in line with it,.) Their 3rd goal was as good as it gets. class. Thats all we are lacking guys an gals... a bloody good goal scorer! Afraid the days of the big center forward has gone. Speed / pace /low centre of gravity... thats the future. Great game though. one more thing... the attendance announced tonight was absolutely rubbish... 1300 minimum! some thing not right over attendances at HS. people couldn't believe it when it was announced! :scarf:
Last edited by ant on Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seasons to be cheerful.Part 10 n 3 /4 :skill:

ant
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ant » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:20 am

Bigfathoss wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:15 pm
I didn't feel a moment's guilt as I left at half-time. Some of that play was woeful.
Enjoy your arm chair watching good old sky football mate. cant go wrong eh? ;) Call again when we reach 3rd round of FA cup..
Seasons to be cheerful.Part 10 n 3 /4 :skill:

janwilder

Post by janwilder » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:42 am

GTBLUE wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:08 pm
I'm sick of hearing Goodwin slaughtering Josh Kay about his finishing. He's not a striker, he's a bundle of energy midfielder. At least he is gettiing in the right place. We have no goalscorers.
Absolute embarrassment from Goodwin. It sounded as if Josh Kay sh@ on his tulips in his garden as he had it in for him from the get go.

“He’s not a good striker of the ball”
“Too many chances falling to Josh Kay”
“I feel sorry for him because he doesn’t have it in his locker”
“He can’t finish”
“The lad hasn’t just hasn’t got that ability to hit the target”
“Josh Kay just scored a goal, alright, well, with an assist from a defender”
“Josh Kay had a great game but because he missed two chances, he hasn’t for me...Josh Kay cost Barrow the game”

Blimey

Let’s be honest about it. Josh Kay is a Central Midfielder who is arguably our most threatening winger/forward right now. Is he going to have the finishing composure of a striker, no, but he’s putting himself in positions that not many, if any, on the team would find themselves in (all due to the hard work and the energy he puts into his game). Even when he got his deserved goal, he was the one of the first to sprint back into our half and was ready to go again whilst others trudged back. I’d love to know how much mileage he clocks up. Bet he finishes his big Friday shop in no time.

He’s young and is learning/growing in a position that isn’t his natural position. Dare I say, most of the team are the same. They won’t all be on the exact page Evo wants them. If Evatt stays beyond the summer, just watch us fly next season.

:scarf:

spirit of 1990
Platinum Member

Post by spirit of 1990 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:15 am

I thought it was quite an entertaining game, much of it was end to end stuff.
As others have said though, a decent striker would have put away a couple of the chances that fell to Blyth, he simply isn’t good enough. He bottled out of one with their keeper and the chance that fell to him in the second half....!!! No wonder he was pulled off right after that and then sat in the dug our with his top over his head.
The time wasting was shocking but all teams do it including us, it’s down to referees to clamp down on it, it’s not hard is it? Half a dozen warnings and then flash a yellow.

Good turnout from LO supporters on a Tuesday night.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

sambino
Veteran Member

Post by sambino » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:39 am

I enjoyed the game very entertaining. We should have gone in at half time on equal terms.
If we had I think we would have edged it. Great fight back in the second half. Id really love Blyth to start firing has a nice touch but the longer it goes on looks like he wont make it as this level sadly. If we still had Tyler Smith I think we would have given some teams a right hammering with the chances we have been creating in recent weeks.
Last edited by sambino on Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

McMark
Platinum Member

Post by McMark » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:09 am

One good thing observed from last night is that the appetite and desire of the players is still evident for all to see! Things clearly weren't going our way and yes mistakes were made but we kept at it! Thought Kay worked his socks off last night, Jennings also played well. With Taylor and Hird back in contention for Saturday we will become more resolute at the back and hopefully we can finish a few more of the opportunities we create.
Iron Ore and Shipbuilders Tea!!
http://t.co/gOngBGrUvv?amp=1