BarrowAFC.net would like to thank Ormsgill Off-Licence And Convenience Store (Middlefield) for their kind support for the past 3 years in enabling you all to use this forum.

BARROW V Aldershot match thread

A forum for previous match threads.
JammyBluebird
Veteran Member
Posts in topic: 1

Re: BARROW V Aldershot match thread

Post by JammyBluebird » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:15 am

Tomo wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:38 am
Was it just my imagination or did evatt seem a bit distant from the crowd?he never clapped at the end of the game just walked straight off the pitch with his head down
Someone in the main stand walked out at 80 mins (ish) and it looked like they gave him a right ear full before they went. I was stood on the opposite side but could see him leaning over the rail next to him before storming off out of the ground.

TaylorBAFC
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TaylorBAFC » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:44 pm

You just can't win with some people. Moan, moan, moan! It'll be these people that will deter others from coming to games.

Tomo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Tomo » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:55 pm

Ahh right i thought he didn't look very pleased

Hitthebar22
Veteran Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Hitthebar22 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:37 pm

ForTheGlory wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:42 am
If IE could hear the [SwearFilter] moaning I had to endure for 90 minutes, no wonder he went off without much happy clapping the crowd. Throughout the build up to the 1st goal, people around me were moaning constantly 'just shoot' 'get it in the box' 'knock it in there' They did of course proceed to cheer a well worked goal and probably spent last season moaning about going long ball. Idiots.
Totally agree. It wasn’t an easy game to endure on Saturday - the constant moaners, it became quite cold, the football was poor and that ******** drum! The win was welcome but undeserved.
I don’t get the moaners really - maybe they don’t understand the importance of possession, particularly under Evatt’s style. I can identify a few near me who are “get it in the box” fans, but under Cox were “keep the bloody thing on the floor”. Maybe it’s a Barrow trait of never being satisfied with anything.

Steelworks End
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Steelworks End » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:44 pm

It's always been the same, sadly. Back in the sixties when we won promotion then had a more than decent finish in Division 3, the moaners on the Popular Side weren't happy. I'm sure many just went along to Holker Street to get away from the wife and vent their frustrations on the team. And nowt's changed.

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:42 pm

Tomo wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:38 am
Was it just my imagination or did evatt seem a bit distant from the crowd?he never clapped at the end of the game just walked straight off the pitch with his head down
I think it was more to do with what he'd seen from his own players. In his interview on RC he said as much, saying the performance of his players was nowhere near good enough.

He was probably down after what he saw but it would have been good to see him acknowledge the crowd who stayed behind to applaud off him and the players.
Last edited by barrowfan on Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hitthebar22
Veteran Member

Post by Hitthebar22 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:23 pm

Steelworks End wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:44 pm
It's always been the same, sadly. Back in the sixties when we won promotion then had a more than decent finish in Division 3, the moaners on the Popular Side weren't happy. I'm sure many just went along to Holker Street to get away from the wife and vent their frustrations on the team. And nowt's changed.
Yes. A lot of people who attend at home are not Barrow supporters, they just go to watch. And moan when things aren’t to their liking. Fickle because they are easily pleased -e.g. if there’s a goal, and disenchanted if there’s a back pass or the ball doesn’t go into the box quick enough. That’s why the away support is spectacularly better.