BarrowAFC.net would like to thank Ormsgill Off-Licence And Convenience Store (Middlefield) for their kind support for the past 3 years in enabling you all to use this forum.

Eastleigh v BARROW match thread

A forum for previous match threads.
Soulboy
Veteran Member
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Eastleigh v BARROW match thread

Post by Soulboy » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:36 pm

Another great result. Well done everyone.
Ian evatt if you’re reading this forum.... huge thanks. You have transformed this team and club. The quality and passion is there for all to see. Afc fans spread the word and bring people back please? This manager deserves the support.
Let’s get back to the big home crowd days

behind the goals

Post by behind the goals » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:07 pm

Great result and performance, and some on this forum want National League North football because we might get 200 more on the gate.

GTBLUE
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by GTBLUE » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:29 pm

barrowaberdeen wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:49 pm
Wow.

Delighted for Ian Evatt,the team and all the Barrow who went.

Great result.

I'm in love with Jack Hindle..
Can I come to the wedding Steve :scarf:

Mr Zebedee

Post by Mr Zebedee » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:26 am

By my calculations, only five points away from mathematical safety

Great results and performances in the last few games. I was at the Leyton Orient match, where we looked dead and buried after 70 minutes when we went 0 - 3 down, but got the scoreline back to 2 - 3 five minutes later

ant
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ant » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:33 am

from Eastleigh board... hantslondoner
Legend

hantslondoner Avatar

5 hours ago QuotePost Options Post by hantslondoner on 5 hours ago
Didn't hear the booing (made a quick departure at the end) - but if there was any, it was totally unjustified, given what's been achieved this season. We probably haven't seen the best of them at home, though.

However, it was a very disappointing performance, I agree with michaelefc that Barrow looked like they wanted it more than we did.

Obviously it was a game dominated by the wind - as said, with it, Barrow were very good, first to the tackle, passing it round well. Jason Taylor, whom I rated at Eastleigh (may have been in a minority there), did a superb job on McCallum to shut him out of the game. The goal was poor but their guy took it superbly.
I was saying that only being one down at half time was a) flattering and b) meant that we could make a comeback with the wind behind us. Unfortunately after a decent start to the half we didn't put much pressure on Barrow (who didn't park the bus by any means, they just competed better than us, and given the wind, I'd expect the ball to be in their half rather than ours) and by the end they even had a couple of decent breaks and nearly extended the lead.

Tactics wise (and some of these applied to the Maidstone game too):
1) Hollands and Gobern are quite solid in midfield, but create very little.
2) Yeates playing behind the front two is a waste of our most creative player - he's far better coming in from either wing.
3) Williamson coming on as sub was fine, but we needed an extra forward badly given that McCallum was marked of it.
4) Why so few long shots on goal in the second half? We had a couple early on which went close, with the wind we could at least have got the keeper involved.

Barrow were a good team - good enough for the playoffs apart from the bad start to the season - but we made it too easy for them.

I think the MOTM award is for an Eastleigh player, so Taylor couldn't have got it (ex-Eastleigh player?). Giving it to Reda sounds like the lazy default option, but nobody stood out - at all.
Seasons to be cheerful.Part 10 n 3 /4 :skill:

Adam29
Platinum Member

Post by Adam29 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:19 am

Mr Zebedee wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:26 am
By my calculations, only five points away from mathematical safety

Great results and performances in the last few games. I was at the Leyton Orient match, where we looked dead and buried after 70 minutes when we went 0 - 3 down, but got the scoreline back to 2 - 3 five minutes later
None of the sides in the bottom 4 now will get 50pts, we are mathematically safe now

ant
Gold Member

Post by ant » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:41 am

Last 10 away games we are second in form table..prob surprise a few that! just 2 points behind solimoors
Seasons to be cheerful.Part 10 n 3 /4 :skill:

Arvo
Silver Member

Post by Arvo » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:02 am

Adam29 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:19 am
None of the sides in the bottom 4 now will get 50pts, we are mathematically safe now
We're effectively safe from relegation, if not quite 'mathematically' yet. If they each win all their remaining games, Havant would get 59 points and Aldershot 56. But that's not going to happen since they still have to play each other and they can't both win the same game.

We actually have a better chance of achieving a play-off place, though I don't think that's going to happen either.
Last edited by Arvo on Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
You want the obvious, you'll get the obvious.

BoltonBlue

Post by BoltonBlue » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:56 am

Plenty of positives from yesterday (again), we’ve beaten 2 promotion chasing teams away with the squad down to its bare bones. Think it's safe to say we have a Manager at the club now who with further resources could potentially produce something special. I was not a fan of the Cassson era but credit where it’s due for selecting IE. Fantastic to see the U21 lads given an opportunity albeit due to the long injury list.

Tomo

Post by Tomo » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:27 am

This team deserves at least 1500 through the gate next Saturday so come on get yerselves there .

McMark
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 4

Post by McMark » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:05 am

Tomo wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:27 am
This team deserves at least 1500 through the gate next Saturday so come on get yerselves there .
Sadly what it deserves and what it gets Tomo are an entirely different entity.
The thing is nearly all that read this forum will be there, except for those at work and on holidays. We are not going to change many people's mindsets on here as why would they bother on here if they are not interested in going to games. Most of the younger age group use other forms of social media to engage with each other anyhow.
Hopefully before too long the new commercial manager/ess when appointed will start reaching out far and wide we will have a sustained period of encouraging supporters to return with an improved match day experience that captures their imaginations.
Iron Ore and Shipbuilders Tea!!
http://t.co/gOngBGrUvv?amp=1

Main Stand SeasonTct

Post by Main Stand SeasonTct » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:49 am

Tomo wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:27 am
I would expect around 1500 at Holker St next Saturday anything less will be disappointing. Three wins on the bounce. Mathematically still possible play off place. Match against Harrogate who are play off contenders, no premier league games. Given a bit of luck weather wise we should manage it.

Leo
Bronze Member

Post by Leo » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:09 pm

How was Nathan Reid?
Barrow-in-Furness - The 19th happiest place in Britain

Adam29
Platinum Member

Post by Adam29 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:27 pm

Didn’t put a foot wrong and didn’t look out of place at this level at all.
You certainly couldn’t tell that he only met and trained with his team mates for the first time on Friday

McMark
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 4

Post by McMark » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:10 pm

Iron Ore and Shipbuilders Tea!!
http://t.co/gOngBGrUvv?amp=1