BarrowAFC.net would like to thank Ormsgill Off-Licence And Convenience Store (Middlefield) for their kind support for the past 3 years in enabling you all to use this forum.

Barrow v Harrogate Town

A forum for previous match threads.
mr_grey
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Barrow v Harrogate Town

Post by mr_grey » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:42 pm

HenneysKnee wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:20 pm
Very frustrating, every time we get a big crowd in (was genuinely shocked when that figure was announced) we just manage to somehow mess it up. Dominated for 80 minutes against a play off chasing team and undone by two shocking bits of defending, first half especially we were excellent. Evatt must dream of getting a full squad out one week, we’d beat any team in this league
Be very interesting to work out how many were from the schools promotions. What's the normal number of u16s...how many today?

mr_grey

Post by mr_grey » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:44 pm

Hitthebar22 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:01 pm
Felt more like a loss than a draw walking out of the ground, but all things considered not too bad, apart from two errors from Taylor, compounded by Jameson for the corner leading to the second goal. I like Taylor, but errors in defence lead to goals. His lack of pace shows up in defence too. 10/10 for effort always and hopefully he’ll be back in midfield soon.
First half we were excellent, and at half time I thought a win was inevitable. They weren’t a bad side, but I can’t remember them troubling Dixon. A ridiculous ricochet, a stupid corner followed by a free header did for us. We thoroughly deserved to win. Stand out players today - Hardcastle, Norrington Davies and Rooney. The new lad Pollitt(?) was impressive.
MoM could have been any one of the 4 players mentioned above. Dont know where Nozzer gets his energy from. He ran from start to finish..

Matty
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Matty » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:56 pm

Only got ourselves to blame for not winning that.

Still, can't complain too much given the three results prior to today and of where we are in the table!

Jennings my man of the match.
Popular side since '03.

Conference North Champions 2014-15

Middleton Nick
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Middleton Nick » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:58 pm

Disappointing result after an impressive first 45. We played some good stuff at times and on that form we would be more than a match for anyone. However, we need to stop being error prone.
Taylor could have cleared for the first but I think Dixon called for it and it ended up in the net. The second should have been avoided but it ended up being a corner and either Dixon was fouled or just lost his balance and that was it.
They will be delighted with a draw after being comprehensively outplayed for a large portion of the game. Anyhow, that's football and we secure a very respectable position in this division.

Jonty
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jonty » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:04 pm

Yes, disappointing in the way we conceded today but we certainly didn’t mess up in terms of leaving a positive impression on anyone there seeing us for the first time in a while. You can see we are consistently the best footballing side in games.

Where we need to improve at both ends will come next season. We are close and I hope the majority of this side are here next season where I think we can break into the top 5.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

HenneysKnee
Platinum Member

Post by HenneysKnee » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:10 pm

Rhys Norrington Davies is unreal; I thought Nick Anderton was as good a full back as we’d get at this level but this lads is another class above

blue nige
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by blue nige » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:20 pm

Moribund wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:18 pm
Pedro wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:44 pm

Had a stinker but is in credit with his performances this season
It's football
Absolutely - mine and many others' player of the season. He was out of sorts today, but at the same time, he's in non-league for a reason.

The lads behind me second-half thought we were shite, that Philpot was the worst striker they've ever seen (cos he only scored 3 goals for Woking), and Jennings was dreadful too. Guess people read the game differently.
Can't read it ! They must be clueless :D

boyliegladbach
Platinum Member

Post by boyliegladbach » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:41 pm

If we were top 7 against Harrogate away, with a few to play we would take more than 107 and a pathetic drum.

Stupid club. Hopfully anther to go pop soon.
Bullet proof vest not life vest.

mr_grey

Post by mr_grey » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:43 pm

HenneysKnee wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:10 pm
Rhys Norrington Davies is unreal; I thought Nick Anderton was as good a full back as we’d get at this level but this lads is another class above
Just a pity he is a Sheffield Utd player

Dalton Bluebird
Silver Member

Post by Dalton Bluebird » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:44 pm

Would have taken a point at kick off based on their position and our injury list, but a draw feels like a defeat somehow.
Jason Taylor, my player of the season had a mare today against a horrible moaning lot and a crap referee who missed about 5 Harrogate hand balls in the second half, one in the penalty area.

Onwards and upwards, still exceeded my expectations for this season.
I don't belieeeeeeeve it!

whitty1969
Gold Member

Post by whitty1969 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:09 pm

Decent weather and crowd today.
We played really well today and if it wasent for 2 defensive mistakes would of been worthy winners.
At least Harrogate came at us and never shut the shop up....made for a great game of football.
Disappointing result after we played so well. Gave a daft corner away then never defended it....
Some star performers today. Thought Norrington Davies played well as did josh kay. Jennings and Rooney too.
Not sure who picked MOM but they got it right with Hardcastle.... Thought we were close to signing him?
Need to get it done before the vultures swoop....
Probably would have settled for a draw before the game but the way we played felt like a loss coming out of ground

whitty1969
Gold Member

Post by whitty1969 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:30 pm

Today's attendance has took our average for the season to 1293....18th in the league
On another note. No one in the top 9 this morning won today so looks like Wembley bound Leyton Orient could do the double?
More interesting is the bottom 9 in the league are all southern based teams with one at the top too....
Could turn out to be less travelling next season...

BoltonBlue
Posts in topic: 3

Post by BoltonBlue » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:39 pm

Very enjoyable day out today, dragged a couple along from Bolton who were shocked with the standard of football on display. Looking around HS the U16’s promotion seemed to work... for the sake of additional atmosphere & buzz around the ground & for more fans for these hard working group of players to play in front of the club really needs to continue this promotion ongoing until the end of the season now!.

GTBLUE
Platinum Member

Post by GTBLUE » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:45 pm

The only time Harrygoat attacked was when lost the ball.
Joel never had a save to make. Apart from the first 15 mins or so we were excellent all game. I love watching this team. Yes, mistakes are made, they are not done on purpose. I look forward to match days now. And it's all down to Ian Evatt. Thank god we managed to get him, even though most had not heard of him. And tonight we learn that he is about to sign a long term contract. That's the best news we all could have heard.( Cheers Stu ) I was fearing the worst and he would go. Great stuff the new owners. We can look forward with hope with I.E still here.

whitty1969
Gold Member

Post by whitty1969 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:45 pm

BoltonBlue wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:39 pm
Very enjoyable day out today, dragged a couple along from Bolton who were shocked with the standard of football on display. Looking around HS the U16’s promotion seemed to work... for the sake of additional atmosphere & buzz around the ground & for more fans for these hard working group of players to play in front of the club really needs to continue this promotion ongoing until the end of the season now!.
Shocked because the standard was better than they thought?