BarrowAFC.net would like to thank Ormsgill Off-Licence And Convenience Store (Middlefield) for their kind support for the past 3 years in enabling you all to use this forum.

Maidenhead v Barrow

A forum for previous match threads.
Jonty
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Maidenhead v Barrow

Post by Jonty » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:10 pm

Let’s be clear, This is not a Casson thing. Yes they put in a lot of money but it is not negative to know the financial situation the club has took on. What was the debt took on, how much is still owed out? Seems like a sensible question to me.

Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

Colin Appleton
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Colin Appleton » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:35 pm

I do apologise if asking about the club's financial situation is perceived by some people on this forum as being negative. Having said that some of the people that seem upset by me asking these questions were the same ones accusing me of being Paul Casson a few months ago so what the hell do they know ? Happy Easter.
Last edited by Colin Appleton on Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blue nige
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 6

Post by blue nige » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:19 pm

Colin Appleton wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:35 pm
I do apologise if asking about the club's financial situation is perceived by some people on this forum as being negative. Having said that some of the people that seem upset by me asking these questions were the same ones accusing me of being Paul Casson a few months ago so what the hell do they know ? Happy Easter.
Who's to say you aren't? ;)

blue nige
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 6

Post by blue nige » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:27 pm

Jonty wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:10 pm
Let’s be clear, This is not a Casson thing. Yes they put in a lot of money but it is not negative to know the financial situation the club has took on. What was the debt took on, how much is still owed out? Seems like a sensible question to me.
Isn't all this speculation always wanting to look for something etc. The kind of negativity that Ian Evatt talked about the guy is talking about getting us back into the Football league he's so right in what he says if it isn't the colour of the shirts it's worrying about next year's budget etc if he reads any of this he'd despair!

barrowfan
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 10

Post by barrowfan » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:53 pm

Jonty wrote:
Of course it's a Casson thing, when people are saying 'the debts are higher than thought' - 'debts coming to light' - 'we didn't know the situation was so bad'. Actually we have no right to know the financial position of the club until the audited accounts are published. Yes it's nice to know but we don't have a right to know.

Jonty
Platinum Member

Post by Jonty » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:39 pm

blue nige wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:27 pm
Jonty wrote:
Isn't all this speculation always wanting to look for something etc. The kind of negativity that Ian Evatt talked about the guy is talking about getting us back into the Football league he's so right in what he says if it isn't the colour of the shirts it's worrying about next year's budget etc if he reads any of this he'd despair!
Again you’ve used the word negativity. What is negative about having an understanding of the financial situation that was took on with the new ownership model? A model That included a £50k fan share, so we fans do actually have a right to know the financial situation. If you don’t like to think about it too much then that is fine, but please, respect other views too.

Jonty
Platinum Member

Post by Jonty » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:54 pm

barrowfan wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:53 pm
Jonty wrote:
Of course it's a Casson thing, when people are saying 'the debts are higher than thought' - 'debts coming to light' - 'we didn't know the situation was so bad'. Actually we have no right to know the financial position of the club until the audited accounts are published. Yes it's nice to know but we don't have a right to know.
It’s not a Casson thing. The same question would be asked regardless of who the previous owner was. And as for having no right? every person who contributed to the Trust shareholding has a stake in the club and has a right be informed of the financial situation / challenges faced. Some people may not be too concerned, like yourself, that is fine, but again, don’t shoot down others who may want to understand the financial challenges faced.

Sorry all off topic but a serious subject.

barrowfan
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 10

Post by barrowfan » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:59 pm

Fair point about the Trust having a Director on the Board which I had overlooked. He should be aware of the current financial situation. As you say though, enough of this off-topic subject.

BoltonBlue
Posts in topic: 1

Post by BoltonBlue » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:04 am

Really sad to read this but I had a strong gut feeling the takeover wouldn’t of been as clean cut as described. I would personally of loved to have purchased significant shares in the club post Casson era but I knew by the way they conducted their business the club wouldn’t of been left in good order. Wish the best of luck to the new owners anyway.