BarrowAFC.net would like to thank Ormsgill Off-Licence And Convenience Store (Middlefield) for their kind support for the past 3 years in enabling you all to use this forum.

Andy Clarke (Wristbands update)

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Trust Raffle
Posts in topic: 3

Andy Clarke (Wristbands update)

Post by Trust Raffle » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:29 pm

As some of u may already know Andy Clarke 30 (Clarkey from Walney), a keen Barrow AFC Fan was recently diagnosed with a brain Tumour, he was operated on within a week of finding out and he bounced back from the op with flying colours, unfortunately there was bad news from his biopsy and Andy now needs radiotherapy and chemotherapy, Lisa and family are all devastated and want to raise money for Andy to help with costs such as travelling to Preston everyday, hotels etc. Andy has been through so much already, we just want to make things a bit easier and if u can do anything to help please do so.

We have ordered wristbands to show support for Andy and these will be available in the next few weeks. If you would like to pre-order one they are £2.50 + 50p postage if they are not being delivered locally, please send this as a gift so as not to incur PayPal costs.

Payments for wristbands can be via PayPal using the following e-mail address or donations sent to the same address.

lisacrawshaw@hotmail.com

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this and any help is greatly appreciated.

Joanne Bull
Last edited by Trust Raffle on Fri May 04, 2012 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

spirit of 1990
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Andy Clarke

Post by spirit of 1990 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:49 pm

For anyone wishing to make a donation in the yard, there are various places doing collections just look a out for the "collection notices" distributed around the shipyard.

Shocking, shocking news & a terrible thing for Andy & his family to be going through.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

Jonty
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jonty » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:02 pm

This kind of news puts the football into perspective. I don't know Andy but would like to extend support from one Bluebird to another.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

Reg
Platinum Member

Post by Reg » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:10 pm

I work with Andy's mum, so I'll get a wristband from her.

I emailed Tony Keen a week or so back asking for a signed shirt to auction at a racenight being organised for him later in the year but I haven't had a reply. I may have an out of date email address for him though, so Martin, if you read this, would it be possible for you to sort me out with a signed shirt before the players go away on their summer break, please?

Much appreciated.
The views expressed on this site are my own and do not reflect the views of my employer

DaveC
Platinum Member

Post by DaveC » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:50 pm

Just a thought, but can the bands be sold at next Saturdays game?
Dave C

Keep asking questions, don't eat the bullshit!

bafcdirect
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bafcdirect » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:43 am

Hi Reg

I have picked up your request. I know Tony has been extremely busy during this last few weeks. I will bring it to the attention of the board when we meet this week.

Will sort something out for you to help with this worthy cause. Please give Andy all our best wishes from the board. Hope the race night goes well but more importantly that Andy's health improves soon and he makes a full recovery.

bafcdirect

Post by bafcdirect » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi Reg

Thanks for your PM sorry system doesn't seem to want or allow me to reply or I'm doing something wrong!!!

Your assumption is correct.

Please contact me direct on bafcdirect@yahoo.co.uk

John Mackay

Uncle Peter
Platinum Member

Post by Uncle Peter » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:33 pm

The system restricts pm sending for new members. Ste might be able to lift this restriction.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2
"As long as they don't start causing any bother they are welcome to continue reinforcing my belief the Midlands is only good for nuking."

Mr R Ingham, 02/10/2013

Uncle Peter
Platinum Member

Re: Re: Andy Clarke

Post by Uncle Peter » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:36 pm

bafcdirect wrote:Hi Reg

I have picked up your request. I know Tony has been extremely busy during this last few weeks. I will bring it to the attention of the board when we meet this week.

Will sort something out for you to help with this worthy cause. Please give Andy all our best wishes from the board. Hope the race night goes well but more importantly that Andy's health improves soon and he makes a full recovery.
John,

would the club be happy to have a bucket collection?

I'd be more than happy to coordinate this.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2
"As long as they don't start causing any bother they are welcome to continue reinforcing my belief the Midlands is only good for nuking."

Mr R Ingham, 02/10/2013

bafcdirect

Post by bafcdirect » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:27 pm

Hi Uncle Peter

I will ask the club if this would be possible.

Will let you know later this week.

John Mackay

Chris Benoit
Gold Member

Post by Chris Benoit » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:25 pm

I hope that he makes a full recovery ASAP. Best wishes fella.
Steve Herbert supports the nob theory - Saturday 4th February 2012.

If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.

Adam29
Platinum Member

Post by Adam29 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:22 pm

I Know Clarkey from my time playing for walney, Top Lad. I will certainly buy a wristband should they be available saturday, failing that will order one from the link provided.

Thoughts and Prayers with you mate, hope for a recovery

John Very Little
Platinum Member

Post by John Very Little » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:31 am

I knew Andy from when he supported the team both home and away in the mid-late 90's and early 2000's and am really shocked at this news with him being so young.
Hope he keeps fighting this through his treatment and makes a good recovery, will also get a band if they are available on Saturday?

dcarradus

Post by dcarradus » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:06 am

I know andy from growing up in Shearwater Crescent Walney an from away games in the late 90's early 2000's he is a nice lad i will buy a band hope you make a good recovery keep fighting andy.
bluebirdsforever

Gen Man

Post by Gen Man » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:24 am

Reg wrote:I work with Andy's mum, so I'll get a wristband from her.

I emailed Tony Keen a week or so back asking for a signed shirt to auction at a racenight being organised for him later in the year but I haven't had a reply. I may have an out of date email address for him though, so Martin, if you read this, would it be possible for you to sort me out with a signed shirt before the players go away on their summer break, please?

Much appreciated.
Reg,

Really sad news, and all our best wishes go to Andy and his family for the fight he is going to have over the coming weeks and months.

It looks like John has it in hand to mention it to Tony, however, I have a signed shirt here for you ready to collect now. Obviously I am hoping a fair few supporters will come along to the club on Friday night for the Supporters and Sponsors evening, we could sell the wristbands on the night, and also look to make a donation from the raffle/heads and tails etc., and any other things that we do on the night. If the place is busy, hopefully that should help to raise some funds to help with the travel expenses that the family are going to incur.

Martin