BarrowAFC.net would like to thank Ormsgill Off-Licence And Convenience Store (Middlefield) for their kind support for the past 3 years in enabling you all to use this forum.

BARROW v Dover match thread

A forum for previous match threads.
boyliegladbach
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 3

Re: BARROW v Dover match thread

Post by boyliegladbach » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:03 am

Cnat see us winning again this season

Bullet proof vest not life vest.

HenneysKnee
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by HenneysKnee » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:57 am

Why has our home form been so poor this season?

BoltonBlue
Posts in topic: 1

Post by BoltonBlue » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:16 am

Entertaining game yesterday, my 2 Bolton folk (which was their 3rd game at HS now) are enjoying this non league stuff. We are safe for the season which is a luxury, know exactly what to build on for next season. Basically anytime we come up against a physical team we come unstuck. Thought Dover were brilliant 2nd half & directly exploited our lack of physical players.

barrowfan
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 7

Post by barrowfan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:44 am

Jonty wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:23 pm
Passionate interview with Evatt

Very clear message. 11th is not where he wants to be. “Some fans may be happy with 11th, the board may be happy with 11th, but for me as Manager of this football club, it’s not good enough”
Quite agree with the sentiments and it's down to the players once they cross the white line, but he also has to take a share of the blame/responsibility for some recent home performances.
Last edited by barrowfan on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jonty
Platinum Member

Post by Jonty » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:00 am

I think there is a strong meassage in there about the culture / mindset at the club. It's got to change from one where we look down all the time and ask how many points until we are safe, into one where we should expect to win home games, that we should expect to compete at the top end. That needs to happen for us to become a top side in this league. It's one of the biggest challenges we need to take on.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

Pedro
Silver Member

Post by Pedro » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:04 am

barrowfan wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:44 am
Jonty wrote:

Very clear message. 11th is not where he wants to be. “Some fans may be happy with 11th, the board may be happy with 11th, but for me as Manager of this football club, it’s not good enough”
Quite agree with the sentiments and it's down to the players once they cross the white line, but he also has to take a share of the blame/responsibility for some recent home performances.
Yes as we have a Manager who was a defender you think the defensive lapses would have been sorted but it's down to the players we have.

On another note ironical that this win means Dover will stay up, last season we played Chester a win would and we would stay up but we were defeated at home while Dover beat Woking that sent them down .

Jim
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jim » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:24 am

Jonty wrote:

Looking at the table, we could easily finish up 14th or 15th or even worse if we don't get some results from our last 3 games.

blue nige
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by blue nige » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:07 am

barrowfan wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:44 am
Jonty wrote:

How can you blame Evatt ? defence constantly changed through injuries etc, no forwards available, you only have to look at our bench there`s no quality whatsoever to change things so he can only hope the side he picks will deliver, next season is what matters I`ll take where were at now then see what transpires close season definitely not going to lose sleep over the next few games.

Hitthebar22
Veteran Member

Post by Hitthebar22 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:13 pm

Yesterday I don’t think there was any lack of effort (and that goes for most of the season), and I don’t see the capitulation to Dover as the manager’s fault.
As I see it it’s really simple - virtually all of our players have something about them, but too many just aren’t consistent enough, and arguably that makes them poor players.

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:16 pm

I take your point but a manager has to make best of what he’s got. Didn’t seem to be any emotion from him during of after the game apart from his RC interview. Hopefully he will be able to show his true worth next season when he has the new players he wants and got rid of those he doesn’t. I am not knocking him - he has a hard job with the current squad but when the going gets tough.....

Moribund
Silver Member

Post by Moribund » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:17 pm

A couple of [SwearFilter] shouting "Evatt you're a disgrace" on the way out. If you think that was down to tactics, you're an idiot.

Middleton Nick
Gold Member

Post by Middleton Nick » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:23 pm

Moribund wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:17 pm
A couple of [SwearFilter] shouting "Evatt you're a disgrace" on the way out. If you think that was down to tactics, you're an idiot.
Unbelievable sometimes Barrow fans !!!!

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:23 pm

Moribund wrote:
Completely agree - no need for that sort of reaction. I wonder if they’ve ever attended an away game, which in general produce better results. Anyone know why that is?

Pedro
Silver Member

Post by Pedro » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:04 pm

barrowfan wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:23 pm
Moribund wrote:
Completely agree - no need for that sort of reaction. I wonder if they’ve ever attended an away game, which in general produce better results. Anyone know why that is?
Think they should remember where we would be if he had done a runner

AugustusCorpa

Post by AugustusCorpa » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:52 pm

HenneysKnee wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:57 am
Why has our home form been so poor this season?
This season with just Hartlepool to play we’ve won 8 of the 22 home league games.
Last season it was 4 wins from 23.
The season before 12 from 23.
I make it 24 wins from the last 68 home league games.