BarrowAFC.net would like to thank Ormsgill Off-Licence And Convenience Store (Middlefield) for their kind support for the past 3 years in enabling you all to use this forum.

Missing

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
whitty1969
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 9

Missing

Post by whitty1969 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:22 pm

500 Barrow fans reported as missing.....
Last seen on Tuesday night at the FA cup match.
Does anyone know what has happened to them ?

We are in a play off position, haven't lost in how many games.........What do we have to do?

John Very Little
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Missing

Post by John Very Little » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:41 pm

whitty1969 wrote:500 Barrow fans reported as missing.....
Last seen on Tuesday night at the FA cup match.
Does anyone know what has happened to them ?
We are in a play off position, haven't lost in how many games.........What do we have to do?
15 wrongly barred from entering, a lot play or are involved with local football on a Saturday and we have 3 home games in succession are some of the reasons for the drop from Tuesday but it is low crowd for a league game.

blue nige
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 4

Post by blue nige » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:45 pm

We should have at least 1500 every home game absolutely shocking :shock:

mickycarrol
Bronze Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mickycarrol » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:59 pm

Very poor attendance, we are in a play off position, unbeaten in god knows how many and still only getting 1200. Casson must be wondering what he has to do to get the Furness public interested, he's financed a solid squad who are grinding out results they deserve more than what was there today. Poor poor showing I was embarrassed when it was announced!!
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they dont know the game"
Bill Shankly

GTBLUE
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by GTBLUE » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:04 pm

500 Barrow fans don't play football on a Saturday !! Fifth in the league, a league record 16 games unbeaten. 2nd round of the FA Cup.Lost for words.

John Very Little
Platinum Member

Post by John Very Little » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:16 pm

GTBLUE wrote:500 Barrow fans don't play football on a Saturday !! Fifth in the league, a league record 16 games unbeaten. 2nd round of the FA Cup.Lost for words.
I never said they did, that is ONE of the reasons why the crowd is lower.

HenneysKnee
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 8

Post by HenneysKnee » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:21 pm

Wouldn't be much (if any) local football today. I'd put it more down to people choosing their games with 3 home games in a row towards the end of the month, we don't exactly live in an affluent town

glasgow_blue
Silver Member
Posts in topic: 7

Post by glasgow_blue » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:26 pm

Kind of understand it a wee bit, i know of half a dozen regulars who are on the shift patterns in the yard and are currently on the weekend shift, others struggle financially with 3 games in week and have to budget to which 1 they attend. Not an excuse for a poor attendance but it's Barrow AFC, always been the same.
Nil Carborundum Illegitimi

GTBLUE
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by GTBLUE » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:48 pm

John Very Little wrote:
GTBLUE wrote:500 Barrow fans don't play football on a Saturday !! Fifth in the league, a league record 16 games unbeaten. 2nd round of the FA Cup.Lost for words.
I never said they did, that is ONE of the reasons why the crowd is lower.
Still not enough to make a difference ! And the massive "15" not allowed in for some reason.

Newbarnsblue
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Newbarnsblue » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:55 pm

Solihull isnt an attractive fixture for the floating fan. Miserable day aswell and 3 homes in a week all no doubt contributed. I agree it is poor though considering our league position and current form

blue nige
Gold Member
Posts in topic: 4

Post by blue nige » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:06 pm

Newbarnsblue wrote:Solihull isnt an attractive fixture for the floating fan. Miserable day aswell and 3 homes in a week all no doubt contributed. I agree it is poor though considering our league position and current form
It`s November so are we going to get low crowds because it`s a bit cold?

The crowds have been terrible the last few seasons and what`s happened to "they will come back when they start winning" brigade who constantly come up with these and other poor excuses .

Lancaster Branch
Platinum Member

Post by Lancaster Branch » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:21 pm

I was there Tuesday but not today. I have to pick and choose my Saturday games and would rather do an away game tbh.

Hope that's ok with everyone :-)

spirit of 1990
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 9

Post by spirit of 1990 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:30 pm

blue nige wrote:what`s happened to "they will come back when they start winning" brigade who constantly come up with these and other poor excuses .
I'm in total agreement Nige.

I seem to remember the phrase "the town will support a winning team" or similar being rolled out on many occasions.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

boyliegladbach
Platinum Member
Posts in topic: 13

Post by boyliegladbach » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:31 pm

The owner in the paper telling everyone to go to Bristol for a weekend and how Bristol is a lovely city won't help.

Is he only bothered about getting his dream FA cup tie away?

Stop hyping up an away day in Bristol.
Bullet proof vest not life vest.

onionbag
Posts in topic: 1

Post by onionbag » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:41 pm

sorry whitty,(and you too spirit) but me and toko were visiting toko's aunt sally in Cockermouth today, toko is her favourite nephew and he reckons she's loaded. she's pushing 90 and has no kids so he thinks he's getting all her money when she croals it. he's hoping it's fairly soon cos he's got a few debts hanging over him, he's been hammering the tesco credit card big time lately. I keep catching him on foxy bingo all the time, I don't think he's doing too good at it either, the cheeky [SwearFilter] even wants another £5 a week rent off me even though I buy fish fingers for him twice a week. anyway that's why me and Toko weren't there today, we're sat in watching strictly cone dancing with old sally tonight, that ote bird has a cracking set of tits!