Ian Evatt

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
chipmunx
Bronze Member

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by chipmunx »

tictactoe wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:56 pm
Thankyou for promotion and thankyou for some of the best football I’ve seen at Holker Street. Right decision to leave I’m not so sure, but looks like decision made.

The manager going isn’t the worst thing that can happen but more worrying will be which players leave also and how we have to rebuild before the season starts. In that respect I hope our board have the sense to really think about Evatts replacement and not just go for a well known name, league 2 experience ala Bentley because that would be their worst move ever imo. I hope we get someone who thinks football should be played Evatt stable and not Cox style. Time for the board to show us how much they want us to achieve.

We are back in the football league and a new chapter is starting in our history. Relegation at the end of the season, mid table safety, or pushing for promotion, lets just enjoy it.
Evatt if/when he does go to Bolton can't sign any players that we already have on contracts and the board will play hard ball with any other club trying to pay transfer fees for any of them. Assuming we do get somewhere close to the £225K for Evatt why would we consider selling anyone for anything less than "Silly Money" anyway...
Agree with most of the rest of your post though - particularly the Bentley bit.
Bring it on!!!

tictactoe
Platinum Member

Post by tictactoe »

chipmunx wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:12 pm
tictactoe wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:56 pm
Thankyou for promotion and thankyou for some of the best football I’ve seen at Holker Street. Right decision to leave I’m not so sure, but looks like decision made.

The manager going isn’t the worst thing that can happen but more worrying will be which players leave also and how we have to rebuild before the season starts. In that respect I hope our board have the sense to really think about Evatts replacement and not just go for a well known name, league 2 experience ala Bentley because that would be their worst move ever imo. I hope we get someone who thinks football should be played Evatt stable and not Cox style. Time for the board to show us how much they want us to achieve.

We are back in the football league and a new chapter is starting in our history. Relegation at the end of the season, mid table safety, or pushing for promotion, lets just enjoy it.
Evatt if/when he does go to Bolton can't sign any players that we already have on contracts and the board will play hard ball with any other club trying to pay transfer fees for any of them. Assuming we do get somewhere close to the £225K for Evatt why would we consider selling anyone for anything less than "Silly Money" anyway...
Agree with most of the rest of your post though - particularly the Bentley bit.
I haven’t said and didn’t mean Evatt in particular signing our players, but we all know contracts mean jack all and if a player wants to leave deals will be made. I’m hoping players won’t leave but depending who we get in as manager and the style they play that might sway them if someone wants them.

We’ll just have to wait and see but whoever starts the 20/21 season let’s hope it’s a good one
everyone is entitled to their opinion, deal with it

liverpoolann

Post by liverpoolann »

People keep saying £225k thought we said 250k was the the compensation fee?Hope board have not backed down that’s the price take it or leave it.

Wanderer81

Post by Wanderer81 »

Announcement expected in the morning as per our very own Marc Iles.

Don’t forget better call Saul 😂

Bradders

Post by Bradders »

Ian evatt now being plugged in sky sports news to be “unveiled” tomorrow.

I hope they ask him to do kick ups in front of an empty reebok.

Now let’s just forget him. [SwearFilter] his career pathway there. Never manage BFC either now. Also let’s not have any sham dedications to him first game back!

Thanks a lot.

Tomorrow is a new day.
BLUEBIRDS.

cuffy

Post by cuffy »

Wanderer81 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:41 pm

Yawn

pie_on_a_barmjoe

Post by pie_on_a_barmjoe »

Bolton is a club of perennial losers steeped in failure. Youri Djorkaeff wins the World Cup with France but put him in a Bolton shirt and he loses their cup final to Middlesbrough. Their fans look on in envy when their neighbours Blackburn.Wigan.Man City get to cup finals and don't lose.
Evatt isn't great enough to turn long time losers into winners

mall
Bronze Member

Post by mall »

pie_on_a_barmjoe wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:52 pm
Bolton is a club of perennial losers steeped in failure. Youri Djorkaeff wins the World Cup with France but put him in a Bolton shirt and he loses their cup final to Middlesbrough. Their fans look on in envy when their neighbours Blackburn.Wigan.Man City get to cup finals and don't lose.
Bolton fans live in hope, just as we do.

32mile_cul-de-sac
Gold Member

Post by 32mile_cul-de-sac »

All the best Ian, no malice from me and thanks for the memories and making us a league club again. Hope you succeed at Bolton. :scarf:

whitty1969
Gold Member

Post by whitty1969 »

Wanderer81 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:41 pm

1/4 of a million for a non league manager....must be some sort of record that....
Wonder what all your creditors think?
5000 fans in that stadium watching football in the bottom rung of the EFL....
But if you give free tickets to everyone you owe money too you might just fill it.....
Tough season ahead boys
Now [SwearFilter] off

Cubbins Paratrooper
Veteran Member

Post by Cubbins Paratrooper »

No malice from me either. We are now in a position about which I have been dreaming for almost five decades. It is now up to us to grasp the mettle and move forwards and consolidate our position in the Football League. In 12 months time, we may be looking back and marvelling at the timing of this change.

Keep Karma and Carry On.

farington blue

Post by farington blue »

All the talk of compensation seems to be around Evatt. Are we not due money for Atherton and whoever else Evatt takes?

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan »

farington blue wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:18 pm
All the talk of compensation seems to be around Evatt. Are we not due money for Atherton and whoever else Evatt takes?
Probably depends on what their contracts say.

Matty
Platinum Member

Post by Matty »

barrowfan wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:26 pm
farington blue wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:18 pm
Probably depends on what their contracts say.
When are you going to tell us about all the other stuff you know?
Popular side since '03.

russell_anderson
Gold Member

Post by russell_anderson »

mall wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:57 pm
pie_on_a_barmjoe wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:52 pm
Bolton fans live in hope, just as we do.
Well, I'm sure he's been working hard for them during the break identifying players. Just a shame Barrow have been paying him to do it!