Ian Evatt

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Jameston1
Veteran Member

Ian Evatt

Post by Jameston1 »

I see rumors are flying about Ian evatt again. Grimsby fans think he's on his way there and some saying Bristol rovers.

Can't see any truth in it and think it's just speculation but let's keep fingers crossed just in case someone is willing to buy out his contract.
Under the radar

whitty1969
Gold Member

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by whitty1969 »

Odds of 1/2 on Evatt to take control of Grimsby
Here we go again....

Jim
Platinum Member

Post by Jim »

Also heard that Corbyn being linked with Lib Dem leader vacancy.
Last edited by Jim on Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AugustusCorpa
Bronze Member

Post by AugustusCorpa »

If he gets Barrow promoted he’ll get better offers then Grimsby.
Blue not manky tangerine..

Suffolk Blue
Silver Member

Post by Suffolk Blue »

AugustusCorpa wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:14 pm
If he gets Barrow promoted he’ll get better offers then Grimsby.
If he got Barrow into the play-offs he'd get better offers than Grimsby.

whitty1969
Gold Member

Post by whitty1969 »

He is doing a great job and it's no surprise he is been linked with all these vacancies.
Keates left Wrexham when they were flying high and went to Walsall at Xmas time.
Walsall in the top half at the time. He managed to get them relegated and lost his job.
Now he is back at a struggling Wrexham team.
Stick with us Ian and get that promotion on your CV

Moribund
Gold Member

Post by Moribund »

It's true that the betting odds are short, but bookies are usually guessing when it's anything outside the Premier League.

Bristol Rovers are skint and just lost their manager to lower division Mansfield. Grimsby are really struggling and wouldn't really seem an improvement on his current job with us at the moment. I hope.

Suffolk Blue
Silver Member

Post by Suffolk Blue »

Moribund wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:08 pm
It's true that the betting odds are short, but bookies are usually guessing when it's anything outside the Premier League.
Bristol Rovers are skint and just lost their manager to lower division Mansfield. Grimsby are really struggling and wouldn't really seem an improvement on his current job with us at the moment. I hope.
This.. I suspect. If the bookies odds are 1/2 that either means that its a done deal or a pure guess. I'd expect the club to have been approached at those odds and possibly IE to have resigned. So I suspect a punt. Some of their obvious suspects have seemingly disappeared. So IE now seems blindingly obvious all of a sudden.

Grimsby is a rebuild. As one of their forum members put it "There’s no way Evatt is coming to GTFC . He’d have to be mad" . Currently being interim managed by Anthony Limbrick who talked such a good job without delivering it at Woking. Hasn't won a game thus far and will probably be dispensed with imminently. Probably influencing the odds also.

I'm old enough to know that anything is possible in football but I'd be surprised if after turning down Fylde he jogged off to Grimsby. I dont think he's a walker either so it would cost Grimsby big time. To be honest I would be amazed if an IE CV application turned up on any L1/L2 desk at the moment (maybe one I can think of but there's no vacancy currently) so any club wanting him will have to stick their heads above the parapet.

GTBLUE
Platinum Member

Post by GTBLUE »

Bristol Rovers are on BT Sport now in the FA Cup. Tyler Smith is playing.

Jonty
Platinum Member

Post by Jonty »

Of course he is going to be linked with just about every job from the leagues above,... but I’ll go with the view of a poster on their forum.

“I can't think of any reason at all why Evatt would want to leave a club at the top of the Conference and possibly on the brink of a return to the football league after so many years (which would make him a legend forever in the town) and with a new go ahead consortium in charge to come to Grimsby Town possibly on the brink of swapping places with Barrow and run by a board who are totally clueless and lacking ambition”.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan »

Jim wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:12 pm
Also heard that Corbyn being linked with Lib Dem leader vacancy.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan »

Evatt has always said he has a job to finish at Barrow and that is to get them back into the league.
If a stupid offer comes in he has to weigh it up but it's not just about money. His CV will look much better if he can put on it getting Barrow promoted. He also has to weigh up that the chances of that promotion are pretty good at the moment, whereas if he goes to any other club he may not get the success that he craves to put on his CV.

GTBLUE
Platinum Member

Post by GTBLUE »

Evo has a 3 year contract ( which means nothing) if he gets us promoted his price will sky rocket. He knows that. Also, as someone from Grimsby said ( and I have) he will be a legend, doing something that"s never been done before.

SKIPPER
Platinum Member

Post by SKIPPER »

Jameston1 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:04 pm
I see rumors are flying about Ian evatt again. Grimsby fans think he's on his way there and some saying Bristol rovers.

Can't see any truth in it and think it's just speculation but let's keep fingers crossed just in case someone is willing to buy out his contract.
Steve Cotterill is taking over at Bristol Rovers.

HenneysKnee
Platinum Member

Post by HenneysKnee »

One of the easiest ways to make money gambling is to lay favourites in the next manager markets