Ian Evatt

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
djjbafc
Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by djjbafc »

cuffy wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:45 pm
Surely only a coincidence that he appeared on the Bolton Wanderers podcast to talk about Barracelona in mid May 😎😎
Had a text 2 week ago saying he'd had an interview two week prior to that. At the time i thought it was nonsense and he was 10/1.. Seems certain people knew.

BillyWhizz
New Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by BillyWhizz »

blue blue boy wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:56 pm
Is anyone else sitting here looking at all this and smelling a bit of a rat. I have a niggling suspicion that this has been well and truly on the cards for quite some time. Little things like IE coming off twitter a few months back, comments about 'those players will go down in local folklore - not WE will go down in folklore etc and looking back on it just a bit of the demeanour of the man when interviewed on NW tonight once promotion was finally announced. Obviously we move on and look to the future but I think this move has been orchestrated some time ago. Its a shame as IE could have had Wilkie-esque status and I for one had genuine optimism about how we would have fared with him at the helm in L2. I still think we will be fine but such a shame that IE has tarnished his reputation and seemingly wasn't the guy we thought he was.
I agree with you. IE doesn't seem to be the guy we thought he was.
The Fylde owner's account regarding IE shaking hands and agreeing to join Fylde and then changing his mind gives the impression of a dishonest man. Certainly not a Gentleman. Shortly after our BOD decided to gave IE a wage increase. Their decision to do that indicates they believed Fylde's account. It made me a little wary of IE's honesty.

However; he and the players made a dream come true. I honestly didn't believe I'd see this happen in my life time. So thanks Ian Evatt for that. And for the style of play. Haven't seen football like that for many years at Holker Street.

Maybe he thought it was too big a challenge next season? I don't think he'll find it easier with another club. If it was me I'd have stayed for another season. Taking us up from the NL and then stabilising our position in Div 2 would have impressed bigger clubs than Bolton. He's still a rookie manager, who still has a lot to learn.

Anyway, good luck to him.



Peter Atherton, his assistant, doesn't appear to be part of the deal. Leechy48's link in an earlier post indicates that there are many who believe Atherton was the man behind our style of play. It also indicates that he could be offered the job here.

cuffy
Senior Member
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by cuffy »

djjbafc wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:01 pm
cuffy wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:45 pm
Surely only a coincidence that he appeared on the Bolton Wanderers podcast to talk about Barracelona in mid May 😎😎
Had a text 2 week ago saying he'd had an interview two week prior to that. At the time i thought it was nonsense and he was 10/1.. Seems certain people knew.
The plot thickens!

To be honest if there is any truth in what you say in my view we are well rid.

I for one cannot stand the sneakiness of it all.

Time to move forward with a great board of directors, a great trust, great volunteers and great fans.

All we need now is to get a new manager onboard and lets take it from there.

All Bluebirds aren’t we 👏👏

Normo59
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by Normo59 »

If you can fake sincerity........

Pedro
Silver Member
Posts: 1465
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by Pedro »

BillyWhizz wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:06 pm
blue blue boy wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:56 pm
Is anyone else sitting here looking at all this and smelling a bit of a rat. I have a niggling suspicion that this has been well and truly on the cards for quite some time. Little things like IE coming off twitter a few months back, comments about 'those players will go down in local folklore - not WE will go down in folklore etc and looking back on it just a bit of the demeanour of the man when interviewed on NW tonight once promotion was finally announced. Obviously we move on and look to the future but I think this move has been orchestrated some time ago. Its a shame as IE could have had Wilkie-esque status and I for one had genuine optimism about how we would have fared with him at the helm in L2. I still think we will be fine but such a shame that IE has tarnished his reputation and seemingly wasn't the guy we thought he was.
I agree with you. IE doesn't seem to be the guy we thought he was.
The Fylde owner's account regarding IE shaking hands and agreeing to join Fylde and then changing his mind gives the impression of a dishonest man. Certainly not a Gentleman. Shortly after our BOD decided to gave IE a wage increase. Their decision to do that indicates they believed Fylde's account. It made me a little wary of IE's honesty.

However; he and the players made a dream come true. I honestly didn't believe I'd see this happen in my life time. So thanks Ian Evatt for that. And for the style of play. Haven't seen football like that for many years at Holker Street.

Maybe he thought it was too big a challenge next season? I don't think he'll find it easier with another club. If it was me I'd have stayed for another season. Taking us up from the NL and then stabilising our position in Div 2 would have impressed bigger clubs than Bolton. He's still a rookie manager, who still has a lot to learn.

Anyway, good luck to him.



Peter Atherton, his assistant, doesn't appear to be part of the deal. Leechy48's link in an earlier post indicates that there are many who believe Atherton was the man behind our style of play. It also indicates that he could be offered the job here.
No one begrudges him a move it's the way he did it .
One hand he has to do what's best for him but with that is integrity which he has now proved he has none.
Fylde was a warning but with that came his ability to negotiate a rise and luckily for us the Board included Compensation should he move.
Thanks Fylde and thanks to Ian for signing the new contract.

mall
Bronze Member
Posts: 800
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by mall »

The saying goes-'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger'.
A valuable lesson learnt early on of what lies ahead, for behind that exquisite thing may lay something so tragic !.
Last edited by mall on Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hadrian
Platinum Member
Posts: 2513
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by Hadrian »

BillyWhizz wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:06 pm
The Fylde owner's account regarding IE shaking hands and agreeing to join Fylde and then changing his mind gives the impression of a dishonest man. Certainly not a Gentleman.
And what do you think of Evatt?

;)

liverpoolann
Senior Member
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by liverpoolann »

Is this just gossip and speculation that Bolton tapped up our manager without permission or has any evidence to this been obtained?If so surely Bolton owners should be reported to relevant authorities.

russell_anderson
Gold Member
Posts: 1591
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by russell_anderson »

liverpoolann wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:16 pm
Is this just gossip and speculation that Bolton tapped up our manager without permission or has any evidence to this been obtained?If so surely Bolton owners should be reported to relevant authorities.
It goes on all the time but, unfortunately, can never be proved as it's almost always through a third party and/or by telephone conversations.

blue nige
Gold Member
Posts: 2377
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by blue nige »

I think all the travelling from his home took a big part in his decision we meed someone based no further than the northwest

User avatar
spirit of 1990
Platinum Member
Posts: 8408
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by spirit of 1990 »

Hadrian wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:56 pm
BillyWhizz wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:06 pm
The Fylde owner's account regarding IE shaking hands and agreeing to join Fylde and then changing his mind gives the impression of a dishonest man. Certainly not a Gentleman.
Been waiting to find out what the outcome of this sorry episode was before saying this....but you’ve beaten me to it.
I’ve been saying exactly that to the lads at work. At the time we’d all been taken in by IEs stories of “honesty & love for the club, supporters and board” and surely there could only be one bad guy in that situation and it wasn’t hard to point the finger at Haythornthwaite......the pantomime villain. It looks like we all jumped the gun!

It’s left a very nasty taste has this.
Last edited by spirit of 1990 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

Hitthebar22
Veteran Member
Posts: 666
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:40 am
Contact:

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by Hitthebar22 »

liverpoolann wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:16 pm
Is this just gossip and speculation that Bolton tapped up our manager without permission or has any evidence to this been obtained?If so surely Bolton owners should be reported to relevant authorities.
I agree Ann it’s only speculation and conjecture. There is no proof of how it has all come about. Evatt has always said he is ambitious, and we all knew he would not stay if there was success. Was only a question of when. It’s the way it is done is the important thing. Perhaps we will never know the detail of that. If it has been cynical, deceitful and underhand, then it’s treachery really, from our perspective, and we won’t like him that much. If he has just been an opportunist, fair enough in many ways. His statement about Barrow when he goes might dictate how we remember him. I have to say I was wary of his constant appearances in the media prior to the league being decided. Yes, good for Barrow, but undoubtedly self serving from his perspective. I post this as a disappointed fan, because he is leaving. I hoped we’d get a real go at L2 with him in charge. Let’s hope his replacement can do something good.

Main Stand SeasonTct
Member
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by Main Stand SeasonTct »

spirit of 1990 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:29 pm
Hadrian wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:56 pm
Been waiting to find out what the outcome of this sorry episode was before saying this....but you’ve beaten me to it.
I’ve been saying exactly that to the lads at work. At the time we’d all been taken in by IEs stories of “honesty & love for the club, supporters and board” and surely there could only be one bad guy in that situation and it wasn’t hard to point the finger at Haythornthwaite......the pantomime villain. It looks like we all jumped the gun!

It’s left a very nasty taste has this.
The person who instigated both the Fylde episode and the Bolton saga was his agent Steve Whiston. I don't believe Evattt spoke to Fylde face to face but i do believe his agent will have on his behalf. The same at the start of this latest saga. Steve Whiston will have instigated it all on his clients behalf.Its what agents do and personally i would sooner he goes now than in six months time. I also have no doubt agents will have already been in contact with Barrow regarding the upcoming vacancy and i dare say some of the names being thrown at them are already in jobs at other clubs.Its the nature of football these days I'm afraid.

djjbafc
Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by djjbafc »

Lets just hope evatts agent doesnt try get rooney a move elsewhere..

russell_anderson
Gold Member
Posts: 1591
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Ian Evatt

Post by russell_anderson »

djjbafc wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:59 pm
Lets just hope evatts agent doesnt try get rooney a move elsewhere..
To be honest, I'm expecting very soon after Evatt is confirmed as manager to see Bolton sign Platt and White on loan.

Post Reply