Decisions being made

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
barrowfan
Platinum Member

Re: Decisions being made

Post by barrowfan »

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:32 pm
Hitthebar22 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:06 am

All a personal choice, but my choice is not to do anything that endangers myself, and more importantly would endanger anyone else if I catch it. I’d regard myself as reckless by getting too close too soon.
And its people like you who are scared of it that's helping the govt cover up their massive mistakes and letting the rest of us get on with our lives without having to pay for it for the next 20 years.

If you're scared of it self isolate yourself and i.m sure someone will give you a knock when its safe to come to out and Barrow sit proudly at the top of League Two.
Off topic.

Hadrian
Gold Member

Post by Hadrian »

Perhaps Virus Casuals should confine these remarks to the Off Topic forum where they may be safely ignored?

A sort of quarantine, if you like.

Cromwell58

Post by Cromwell58 »

Flags and scarfs ready but on hold till it is official.

Matty
Platinum Member

Post by Matty »

Cromwell58 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:33 pm
Flags and scarfs ready but on hold till it is official.
Yep, the framework hasn't been adopted yet - it's got to be agreed by a majority of EFL clubs.
Popular side since '03.

Conference North Champions 2014-15

AugustusCorpa
Bronze Member

Post by AugustusCorpa »

Fair play to Neil Ardley because the majority of Notts County fans are weirdos living in some kind of a fantasy world. Their forums good for a laugh.
Blue not manky tangerine..

NORTHERNSOUL

Post by NORTHERNSOUL »

barrowfan wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:50 pm
NORTHERNSOUL wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:32 pm

And its people like you who are scared of it that's helping the govt cover up their massive mistakes and letting the rest of us get on with our lives without having to pay for it for the next 20 years.

If you're scared of it self isolate yourself and i.m sure someone will give you a knock when its safe to come to out and Barrow sit proudly at the top of League Two.
Off topic.
Only if your a bedwetter and scared of something that hardly exists unless you've over 65. Try listening to the real statistics instead of govt propaganda that's there purely to cover over the masses of mistakes that this government have made since day one.

And for starters here's a couple to get you going if your white, under 65, don't work in the NHS or care and have no underlying conditions the total number of deaths in your group is less than 250 out of 36000 and the total percentage of people in the country who have been affected by the virus is just 0.25%.

Moribund
Gold Member

Post by Moribund »

AugustusCorpa wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:49 pm
Fair play to Neil Ardley because the majority of Notts County fans are weirdos living in some kind of a fantasy world. Their forums good for a laugh.
They're saying he's been misquoted and that the interview took place before the EFL decided not to scrap relegation, so that changes the context.

I just don't see how they expect play-offs to take place before the end of June. Not at our level anyway.

Moribund
Gold Member

Post by Moribund »

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:09 pm
barrowfan wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:50 pm

Off topic.
Only if your a bedwetter and scared of something that hardly exists unless you've over 65. Try listening to the real statistics instead of govt propaganda that's there purely to cover over the masses of mistakes that this government have made since day one.

And for starters here's a couple to get you going if your white, under 65, don't work in the NHS or care and have no underlying conditions the total number of deaths in your group is less than 250 out of 36000 and the total percentage of people in the country who have been affected by the virus is just 0.25%.
Aye, [SwearFilter] anyone who is not white, over 65, works for the NHS or has health issues.

goalie6789

Post by goalie6789 »

Moribund wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:13 pm
NORTHERNSOUL wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:09 pm

Aye, [SwearFilter] anyone who is not white, over 65, works for the NHS or has health issues.
This is a thread which exists to discuss the decisions being made regarding the possible promotion of Barrow Football Club.

In my opinion your comments about the Covid 19 situation may or may not have merit but they are not relevant to the content of the rest of this thread.

Can you please explain how they are?

NORTHERNSOUL

Post by NORTHERNSOUL »

goalie6789 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:51 pm
Moribund wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:13 pm

This is a thread which exists to discuss the decisions being made regarding the possible promotion of Barrow Football Club.

In my opinion your comments about the Covid 19 situation may or may not have merit but they are not relevant to the content of the rest of this thread.

Because if you were following the thread you'd see it had moved on to whether there would be fans there to see Barrows first game in League two possibly using the app that the FL suggested to the DCMS yesterday [ a decision being made ] and one of the above contributors said he wouldn't be there even if it was to be allowed several others said they would I merely suggested he was wrong and why I thought that he was.

So not off-topic at all.

Sneck out as we say down here.

goalie6789

Post by goalie6789 »

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:00 pm
goalie6789 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:51 pm

Because if you were following the thread you'd see it had moved on to whether there would be fans there to see Barrows first game in League two possibly using the app that the FL suggested to the DCMS yesterday [ a decision being made ] and one of the above contributors said he wouldn't be there even if it was to be allowed several others said they would I merely suggested he was wrong and why I thought that he was.

So not off-topic at all.

Sneck out as we say down here.
Thank you very much for that lucid explanation! Stay alert - control the virus - save lives. :)

RedWeb

Post by RedWeb »

So is everyone feeling a bit more confident about Barrow going into the Football League? I was always confident, but I understood those who were nervous. Nobody wanted it to happen this way, but happen it has. We just need to be ready and when football starts again we give the EFL a good crack.

Suffolk Blue
Silver Member

Post by Suffolk Blue »

RedWeb wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:32 pm
So is everyone feeling a bit more confident about Barrow going into the Football League? I was always confident, but I understood those who were nervous. Nobody wanted it to happen this way, but happen it has. We just need to be ready and when football starts again we give the EFL a good crack.
The EFL framework will require consent from 36 of the 71 clubs. Its not a given. It should be remembered that 20 clubs in L2 expressed a desire to save Stevenage. However that vote was taken in conference by L2 clubs in isolation. This is not a vote about Stevenage per se remember. This is now the EFL bundling it all into a common framework within which the principles of promotion and relegation at all levels need to be accepted. I doubt there'll be any mention of Stevenage in any motion though no doubt their situation will be mentioned.

Part of the EFLs strategy in all of this has been to wrap up all the individual issues into a single framework proposal. To vote against it a club will have to believe that there is more that cannot be accepted in it than can be. Quite clever really as this gives it the best chance of success. There will probably be some strong words at tomorrow's meeting. Most of them I think will be coming from a small number of League 1 teams (such as Peterborough) who insist on wanting to play on. This is where the battle will be I suspect rather than the bottom of League 2.

I think Rick Parry, who is a shrewd operator has worked out that if the L1 fire can be put out, he'll probably get his majority. Even if it is, the framework should be seen as just that - a scaffold that determines the essential shape of more specific decisions that may yet be modified or amended to suit circumstances. Even after tomorrow I still think the EFL will allow itself some wriggle room to do this, though you might not see it the words quoted.

In terms of this wriggle room the principle of 2 up is absolutely key because it would almost certainly not affect the team at the top of the NL. I am mindful however that Macclesfield are due back in court in June to face a winding up order from creditors (some of their non-playing staff have not been paid since February I believe). I also believe that they are likely to be back in court in September over unpaid taxes. Its unknown whether salaries for May will be paid either. Its likely to be - what a month plus? - before we see any NL play-offs and second team promotion. I very much doubt whether the EFL will firmly shut the door on Stevenage until that point.

RedWeb

Post by RedWeb »

Suffolk Blue wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:13 pm
The EFL framework will require consent from 36 of the 71 clubs. Its not a given.
Come on, Bluey. On a scale of 1-10, how confident are you League football is on its way back to Holker St 8-)

Suffolk Blue
Silver Member

Post by Suffolk Blue »

Not until it turns up on my doorstep tied up in bow Redweb.

My summary above may need to be amended as I'm led to believe that a 51% majority may be required in each Division to secure an agreement. So at least 9 of the teams that wanted to save Stevenage last week will have to have their views changed. Definitely not a done deal. You may then see some strong arming from the EFL with several clubs crying foul and threatening action.

One other thing that I haven't seen mentioned on the thread. In terms of play-offs my understanding is that the 4 team rule within the framework only applies to EFL members. So my take on that is that should the NL wish to retain a 6 team play-off it can. Whilst this sounds a little daft in current circumstances it does mean that more teams in the NL might be inclined to sign-off on the framework principle especially if that was coupled with no relegation.