Decisions being made

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Jameston1
Veteran Member

Re: Decisions being made

Post by Jameston1 »

No one shoot me for this, should a decision be made today and an announcement of promotion... A social distancing meet somewhere with beers to celebrate... What's everyone's thoughts.. Strict social distancing though
Under the radar

olbarrafancumbak
Silver Member

Post by olbarrafancumbak »

Jameston1 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:24 am
No one shoot me for this, should a decision be made today and an announcement of promotion... A social distancing meet somewhere with beers to celebrate... What's everyone's thoughts.. Strict social distancing though
I'm checking daily for the precise words

"Champions " and "promotion "

It's got to be imminent now surely?

Few beers? God yeh

BillyBlue

Post by BillyBlue »

Good few beers and a video conference using zoom?
Billy Blue

romabarrow

Post by romabarrow »

I've got an unopened bottle of Whiskey in the house ready to celebrate, haven't had a hangover for years but it going to be worth it!

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan »

Jameston1 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:24 am
Would suggest we meet along Wilkie Road but it's too bloody windy and showers are forecast! ;) Zoom looks the best bet! :D

Adam29
Platinum Member

Post by Adam29 »

Keep the cans in the fridge, the champagne corked and the whiskey in the cupboard

Going to be a while before we get any verdict.

EFL still need to conduct there votes amongst the 71 clubs over yesterday’s bombshell statement

National League are yet to arrange their proposals for the clubs to offer their suggestions to

They are also still waiting on the FA Council to announce if the season can be extended to allow the play offs to happen and not expecting any come back from that till next week.

Sit tight the decision will come when it comes

Suffolk Blue
Silver Member

Post by Suffolk Blue »

Yes there are a few steps to go still.

Best way of putting it might be that the formal acceptance of the EFL framework would be a big one. But no dancing in the streets allowed until the fat monkey sings.....err I think.

Bingo
Platinum Member

Post by Bingo »

They must have talked this one to death by now within all the structures a decision needs be reached ASAP.. Put us out of this misery

Suffolk Blue
Silver Member

Post by Suffolk Blue »

Bingo wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:53 pm
They must have talked this one to death by now within all the structures a decision needs be reached ASAP.. Put us out of this misery
Well assuming all 71 clubs are present it must close to melting their zoom software. Think of size of the screen they'd need.

I'd be surprised if the EFL hadn't run the numbers many times before the meeting but there is always a chance that someone chucks a spanner in the works and brings things to a halt. I think it will have been a pretty bad tempered affair too.

blue nige
Gold Member

Post by blue nige »

FA Council members will cast their vote via email to grant extension Decision expected next week. It’s a technical matter to seek extension, in reality play offs highly unlikely to take place

Ian Dennis BBC

Adam29
Platinum Member

Post by Adam29 »

Suffolk Blue wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:00 pm
Bingo wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:53 pm
Well assuming all 71 clubs are present it must close to melting their zoom software. Think of size of the screen they'd need.

I'd be surprised if the EFL hadn't run the numbers many times before the meeting but there is always a chance that someone chucks a spanner in the works and brings things to a halt. I think it will have been a pretty bad tempered affair too.
Of course it will be heated
Too many “big hitters” with things to lose

Peterborough, Sunderland, Ipswich all likely to miss out on the play offs

Tranmere to be relegated

Then the relegation issue in League 2

Going to be a lot of twists and a lot of challenges before anything gets anywhere near to being finalised

Suffolk Blue
Silver Member

Post by Suffolk Blue »

blue nige wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:05 pm
FA Council members will cast their vote via email to grant extension Decision expected next week. It’s a technical matter to seek extension, in reality play offs highly unlikely to take place

Ian Dennis BBC
Spoken like a real diplomat.

Am hearing all kinds of weird and wonderful stuff on some L1 forums. From rows concerning whether the ballot should be public or private with suggestions of stitch ups and deals, to possible "secret" discussions going on between L1 and Championship clubs regarding a "breakaway" League. I guess this is all to be expected. A lot a suggestions that it will be at least a couple of weeks before the eventual framework is agreed mainly because of clubs wanting more certainty around promotion to the Premier League.

Roadrunner

Post by Roadrunner »

romabarrow wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:48 am
I've got an unopened bottle of Whiskey in the house ready to celebrate, haven't had a hangover for years but it going to be worth it!
I’ve got a bottle of Marsh’s Sass ready to sample too
Propriety in public life is a dwindling resource. We have outsourced reason. We deserve it”

Suffolk Blue
Silver Member

Post by Suffolk Blue »

Roadrunner wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:23 pm
romabarrow wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:48 am
I’ve got a bottle of Marsh’s Sass ready to sample too
By the time you get to drink it, it'll be a fine vintage.

Roadrunner

Post by Roadrunner »

think the date is December 99, don't know what it'll taste like, maybe have to water it down with Voddy, Gin or something else
Propriety in public life is a dwindling resource. We have outsourced reason. We deserve it”