Decisions being made

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Nigel Bamford
Platinum Member

Re: Decisions being made

Post by Nigel Bamford »

Steps 3/4 non-league beginning process to end the season. National League's position is that it still wishes to recommence the season at some point.
It all comes 'round again.

Holkerbird
Platinum Member

Post by Holkerbird »

BAFC_Official wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:16 pm
To clarify, this is step 5/6 of the Non League pyramid, not the full football pyramid.

We are step 1 of the Non League Pyramid.
Better soon be step 4 of the football league pyramid.

Nigel Bamford
Platinum Member

Post by Nigel Bamford »

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/ ... ve-and-six
Whatever the decision by the FA Leagues committee, Void or points per game, it will apply across all steps of non-league.
It all comes 'round again.

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan »

It appears that the final decision lies with the National League. I just wish they would do it sooner rather than later.

From the non-league newspaper:

“The Isthmian, Northern Premier and Southern Leagues are unanimous in wanting to terminate the 2019-20 season immediately. The Step 5/6 Leagues also support the immediate termination of the season. Whether that is done on the basis of determining final placings via average points per game, or the season is declared null & void cannot be determined until the National League decides how it wishes to proceed.

“Right now, the National League’s position is that they wish to be able to resume the 2019-20 season at some point. The feeder Leagues do not support this because our clubs do not have the financial resources to continue to honour player contracts indefinitely.

“The Step 3 and 4 Leagues have therefore commenced the process to terminate the season. This has to be ratified by the FA Council, so there may be a short delay as the relevant documentation is submitted, distributed and approved. Whilst this process is on-going, and once the National League has finalised how it wishes to proceed, competition issues can then be decided, together with the implications for promotion and relegation.

“As soon as the National League’s position is finalised, we will be able to confirm the basis on which the 2019-20 season has ended. As I have already pointed out, we need as much commonality across the National League System as possible.

HenneysKnee
Platinum Member

Post by HenneysKnee »

It’s crazy that the national league think we’ll be able to finish the season to be quite honest

russell_anderson
Gold Member

Post by russell_anderson »

barrowfan wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:29 pm
It appears that the final decision lies with the National League. I just wish they would do it sooner rather than later.

“The Isthmian, Northern Premier and Southern Leagues are unanimous in wanting to terminate the 2019-20 season immediately. The Step 5/6 Leagues also support the immediate termination of the season. Whether that is done on the basis of determining final placings via average points per game, or the season is declared null & void cannot be determined until the National League decides how it wishes to proceed.

“Right now, the National League’s position is that they wish to be able to resume the 2019-20 season at some point. The feeder Leagues do not support this because our clubs do not have the financial resources to continue to honour player contracts indefinitely.

“The Step 3 and 4 Leagues have therefore commenced the process to terminate the season. This has to be ratified by the FA Council, so there may be a short delay as the relevant documentation is submitted, distributed and approved. Whilst this process is on-going, and once the National League has finalised how it wishes to proceed, competition issues can then be decided, together with the implications for promotion and relegation.

“As soon as the National League’s position is finalised, we will be able to confirm the basis on which the 2019-20 season has ended. As I have already pointed out, we need as much commonality across the National League System as possible.
Looking at this, my fear is that we could be eventually promoted to the FL either as Champions or a replacement for Bury but have had to terminate the contracts of many players so the club can survive and who could be signed by EFL clubs if they receive financial support from the Premier League or EFL and we do not.

chipmunx
Bronze Member

Post by chipmunx »

russell_anderson wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:24 pm
barrowfan wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:29 pm

Looking at this, my fear is that we could be eventually promoted to the FL either as Champions or a replacement for Bury but have had to terminate the contracts of many players so the club can survive and who could be signed by EFL clubs if they receive financial support from the Premier League or EFL and we do not.
IF we get promoted and that's all ratified at the EFL AGM in June/July then we would be in the EFL and getting the same support as the other EFL teams
Bring it on!!!

bigmac95
Veteran Member

Post by bigmac95 »

If this season is null and void I would expect them to invite the team who finished 23rd in league two last year into the league rather than us.

My reasoning? If deemed null and void, then this season and all results in effect don’t exist! So we in effect are not top!
And on the 7th day god created football

Suffolk Blue
Silver Member

Post by Suffolk Blue »

bigmac95 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:08 pm
If this season is null and void I would expect them to invite the team who finished 23rd in league two last year into the league rather than us.

My reasoning? If deemed null and void, then this season and all results in effect don’t exist! So we in effect are not top!
A very Trumpian solution. So let me be more radical and suggest that all the EFL need to do is invite Bury back. Bury were not actually expelled from the EFL until the beginning of this season. So applying the "null and void" principle to the letter, Bury were never expelled and would have a legitimate claim to have their old place back!

whitty1969
Gold Member

Post by whitty1969 »

So the National league want to carry on.
There will be no football for at least 3 months.
Season is over, just need to decide how it ends...

Boreham wood will be missing if it restarts.
What do we do about that?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.derbys ... 5746%3famp

Alley_Cat
Veteran Member

Post by Alley_Cat »

whitty1969 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:47 am

This is becoming like the IOC humming and ahhing over the Olympics. Just make the decision FFS

Moribund
Gold Member

Post by Moribund »

whitty1969 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:47 am

He's a [SwearFilter]. In the event of them getting into the play-offs, all those contracts would be extended to cover that - so I'm sure they could be extended should the season resume any time soon.

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan »

Anyone who thinks the season will start again soon is deluded. Draw a line under it now and let the clubs sort themselves ready for the start of next season - whenever that may be! :)

Middleton Nick
Gold Member

Post by Middleton Nick »

IMO this season has ended. They just need to decide what happens with promotion/relegation.

HenneysKnee
Platinum Member

Post by HenneysKnee »

Middleton Nick wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:13 am
IMO this season has ended. They just need to decide what happens with promotion/relegation.
This is how I feel; can’t see any way we play again this season and they need to decide that now, think that part is a fairly easy decision to make imho. Then obviously the tough decisions come about promotion and relegation