Eric Harris.

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
mall
Veteran Member

Eric Harris.

Post by mall »

I spoke to a member of his family this afternoon.
Eric Passed away suddenly at home on Monday 13th April aged 72.
Eric was a Holker Street regular for years along with his Son Neil.
So sad-he was eagerly looking forward to League football.
Last edited by mall on Wed May 06, 2020 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barrowfan_chris
BarrowAFC.net Moderator

Re: Can anyone help.

Post by barrowfan_chris »

mall wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 11:49 am
Can any of you fellow supporters help me here please.
I have just looked at the family announcements column on 'The Mail's' website to look at Brian Arrowsmith's details because me and my family were discussing Brian's playing career and we were unsure about the exact date of when poor Brian succumbed to coronavirus.
Whilst checking-I noticed another name, a supporter, that looked all to familiar to me. The name of his son checked out as well who is also a supporter.
I feel a bit daft here and don't want to go upsetting anyone so I just need to know, would I be allowed to mention his name as I haven't seen it mentioned so far.
In these troubled times people are suffering enough without families having to go through the anonymity of losing a loved one surrounded by anonymity.
If it is the chap I am almost certain it is, I would just like to mention his name out of respect for all the years he supported the club.
No objections from me.

The post can always be deleted or edited if the family ask for it to be removed.

Holkerbird
Platinum Member

Re: Eric Harris.

Post by Holkerbird »

It is incredibly sad for all these loyal, long serving supporters who are not going to be here to witness, if it happens, our promotion to the football league.
All the hopes and dreams over the years of reaching the promised land and will not be here for the celebrations.
Too many have passed away in this past 12 months, at least, but will be in our thoughts as we raise a glass to them.
R.I.P. Eric Harris
Last edited by Holkerbird on Thu May 07, 2020 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slenderhead

Post by Slenderhead »

Holkerbird wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 6:34 pm
It is incredibly sad for all these loyal, long serving supporters who are not going to be here to witness, if it happens, our promotion to the football league.
All the hopes and dreams over the years of reaching the promised land and will not be here for the celebrations.
Too many have passed away in this past 12 months, at least, but will be in our thoughts as we raise a glass to them.
R.I.P. Eric Hill.
So true... even more reason to perform some for their memory!
pie, chips, peas, and gravy, with a pie on the side please

Bingo
Platinum Member

Post by Bingo »

So sad for everyone if we make it the league let's hope we can pay tribute in some way

mall
Veteran Member

Post by mall »

Bingo wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 8:45 pm
So sad for everyone if we make it the league let's hope we can pay tribute in some way
That's a good idea.
Lost too many bluebirds this last eighteen months or so. Would be nice indeed to pay a tribute to them.

Steeley
Platinum Member

Post by Steeley »

RIP Eric
Bish=God

olbarrafancumbak
Silver Member

Post by olbarrafancumbak »

Another sad loss. RIP Eric.