Players' contracts

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
ruins
Platinum Member

Re: Players' contracts

Post by ruins »

sambino wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 6:19 pm
What’s the crack with the lads we had on loan are they now back with their parent clubs obviously love to sign platt and white should Blackburn be cutting their staff down
I would imagine if Blackburn were to at least loan them out they would rather to us for them both. There is a good relationship between us both. Heres hoping.
"F*cking Ribble" - Steve Herbert 26/4/09

Moribund
Gold Member

Post by Moribund »

As a bit of a comparison to see where we're at, Carlisle have announced their retained list for next season:

Under Contract: Nick Anderton, Callum Guy, Aaron Hayden, Max Hunt, Omari Patrick.

Option extended: Jon Mellish

Admittedly I've only seen a few of those players, but Anderton, Mellish and Hayden are the only regulars, and I don't think any of them would make our starting XI.

NORTHERNSOUL

Post by NORTHERNSOUL »

philbrownstan wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 5:22 pm
NORTHERNSOUL wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 4:56 pm

I would imagine they may well go for a PL academy keeper as its the one position that they don't ask you to contribute to their wages so long as you name him as your no 2 keeper and have him on the bench every game. Its a case of getting them acclimatised to the matchday routine. But an off the top of my head suggestion would be the lad at Middleboro who broke his leg badly two years ago playing for Carlisle now apparently fit and raring to go and desperate to be playing games at a decent level
Is that Adam Collin? Or am I thinking of the wrong fella
No, the lad's name is Joe Fryer

Collin will I imagine be released tonite at the end of his contract but is supposed to have got himself fixed up nearer to where he now lives and runs a goalkeeping academy in the East Midlands despite being a native of West Cumbria.

HenneysKnee
Platinum Member

Post by HenneysKnee »

philbrownstan wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 6:33 pm
Which areas do we think need strengthened? Another keeper to challenge Joel is a must for me, and some cover at full back
In terms of the starting team Platt and White need replacing obviously, possibly Brough as well. As would Taylor if we went up. Desperate for another striker to cover Quigs/Dior

behind the goals

Post by behind the goals »

HenneysKnee wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 9:36 pm
philbrownstan wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 6:33 pm
Which areas do we think need strengthened? Another keeper to challenge Joel is a must for me, and some cover at full back
In terms of the starting team Platt and White need replacing obviously, possibly Brough as well. As would Taylor if we went up. Desperate for another striker to cover Quigs/Dior
What`s wrong with Brough please explain

Baxterj732

Post by Baxterj732 »

behind the goals wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 10:01 pm
HenneysKnee wrote:

I like Broughy at centre half, he's still young and got a lot of learning to do but under I.E I think he'll get that, plus game time means so much
Heaven is a place on earth, we prefer to call it Holker Street :scarf: popular side since 2002! :scarf:

russell_anderson
Silver Member

Post by russell_anderson »

behind the goals wrote:
HenneysKnee wrote:

I agree. He's been excellent whenever I've seen him. Very steady player.

whitty1969
Gold Member

Post by whitty1969 »

russell_anderson wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 10:29 pm
behind the goals wrote:

I agree. He's been excellent whenever I've seen him. Very steady player.
I agree too. IE has got him playing well. On contract for another year. No need to replace

chipmunx
Bronze Member

Post by chipmunx »

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 7:51 pm
philbrownstan wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 5:22 pm

Is that Adam Collin? Or am I thinking of the wrong fella

Collin will I imagine be released tonite at the end of his contract but is supposed to have got himself fixed up nearer to where he now lives and runs a goalkeeping academy in the East Midlands despite being a native of West Cumbria.
There's also the young lad from Ulverston who is an England U-16/17/18 and 19 international and was on the books at Man City before leaving to play for a team in the states. Curtis Anderson i think he is called. Currently without a club after returning form the states and he was born in Barrow too - so maybe persuading him to sign for us if we were to be in L2 wouldn't be an issue?
Bring it on!!!

NORTHERNSOUL

Post by NORTHERNSOUL »

chipmunx wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 8:09 am
NORTHERNSOUL wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 7:51 pm

There's also the young lad from Ulverston who is an England U-16/17/18 and 19 international and was on the books at Man City before leaving to play for a team in the states. Curtis Anderson i think he is called. Currently without a club after returning form the states and he was born in Barrow too - so maybe persuading him to sign for us if we were to be in L2 wouldn't be an issue?
Of the players released from Carlisle if I was you i.d break the bank to get Mike Jones if you could he really is a class above and it maybe easier to get him to play for Barrow for 750 a week than it would be for Carlisle where it would need him to take a 50% pay cut and i would imagine they explored that option before releasing him.

Of the rest please don't go anywhere near Etuhu unless its on pay as you play or he.ll sign and then move into the physio's room and of the rest the young lad Sagaff would be well worth a look but unfortunately the players worth looking at aren't in the positions that you're looking at

LewisBAFC1901

Post by LewisBAFC1901 »

[/quote]

Jesus, Didn’t take long for the obsession to come back to a transfer thread. Who says he’s actually any good? Hence why he’s not at a club.. how is he the sort of player to help progress Dixon👍🏻 Get a grip. None of them are good enough.

Moribund
Gold Member

Post by Moribund »

LewisBAFC1901 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 12:28 pm

Jesus, Didn’t take long for the obsession to come back to a transfer thread. Who says he’s actually any good? Hence why he’s not at a club.. how is he the sort of player to help progress Dixon👍🏻 Get a grip. None of them are good enough.
Not good enough for us? He was due to sign for Charlton when their transfer embargo is up.

LewisBAFC1901

Post by LewisBAFC1901 »

Moribund wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 2:04 pm
LewisBAFC1901 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 12:28 pm

Not good enough for us? He was due to sign for Charlton when their transfer embargo is up.
And?

LewisBAFC1901

Post by LewisBAFC1901 »

Wow just seen Otis Khan has been released! What a player he was for Barrow! L2 must tempt him! Bring him home Evo!!!!!

chipmunx
Bronze Member

Post by chipmunx »

LewisBAFC1901 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 5:14 pm
Wow just seen Otis Khan has been released! What a player he was for Barrow! L2 must tempt him! Bring him home Evo!!!!!
given out connections to Sheff United (where Khan started) i'm sure Evatt and Atherton are aware of him, his carear and his release already.
Bring it on!!!