Holkerbird
Platinum Member

Re: Home v Sutton United

Post by Holkerbird »

McMark wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:25 pm
TaylorBAFC wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:57 pm
A Barrow legend is Margaret. Such a lovely lady!
Both are legends Taylor, but never to be confused with each other. It’s easy to remember one has a dungeon and one doesn’t.😁
We both have rattles though. Margaret's was given to her when she was 4 yrs old so it must have been as big as she was then. Held together with tape but can still rattle. 😂
Off on litter picking duties in an hour. Hope the bins have been used. 😕

ChrisCrossy

Post by ChrisCrossy »

Ground out the result. Top effort... and it was more like an episode of Casualty at the end with bodies everywhere and in all states. Joel Dixon was immense last 5 minutes coming for balls to relieve pressure when needed. I was really proud of the players yesterday... hopefully the time off next week allows us to get players treated and back ready to go again.

spirit of 1990
Platinum Member

Post by spirit of 1990 »

andyg wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:03 pm
As I said on a previous post earlier this week perhaps the cup defeat was a blessing in disguise.
I understand the thinking there but I’m not sure. The money brought in from a potential cup run would massively helped the club over the coming months. Anyway, we’re out so we’ve got to make the most of it.

Not the best of games, certainly not up to recent standards but they’re the ones in previous seasons we've managed to slip up on.
The fight the team have in them is just a pleasure to watch, perfectly summed up by Josh yesterday. Only his second game back and he puts in two cracking performances and finishes it off with that final ten minutes. Very Paul Jones.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

Pedro
Silver Member

Post by Pedro »

spirit of 1990 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:29 am
andyg wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:03 pm
As I said on a previous post earlier this week perhaps the cup defeat was a blessing in disguise.
I understand the thinking there but I’m not sure. The money brought in from a potential cup run would massively helped the club over the coming months. Anyway, we’re out so we’ve got to make the most of it.

Not the best of games, certainly not up to recent standards but they’re the ones in previous seasons we've managed to slip up on.
The fight the team have in them is just a pleasure to watch, perfectly summed up by Josh yesterday. Only his second game back and he puts in two cracking performances and finishes it off with that final ten minutes. Very Paul Jones.
Yes if we could have got to 3 rd round and had a decent draw with have given us a good float.
It's gone now

olbarrafancumbak
Silver Member

Post by olbarrafancumbak »

A promotion chasing ugly result yesterday!

That performance sums up what this club is about right now!
A group of people that look like they would die for the cause and that's from the very top in the chairman right down to the fans on the terraces.
A united club is like a juggernaut that nothing can stand in its way.. I'm buzzing my tats off here!!

So proud of the player's yesterday, any doubt about their commitment surely must be put to bed now! Every person in that ground yesterday fought for them points.. really hope the injuries can be fettled in our break, hope they all get re charged and ready for the Xmas run in.. as people have said, we surely must be breaking that 2000 mark now and no matter what that weather is doing!! If granite can play for ten minutes with a smashed body, I'm sure we can get cold and wet watching them!!!

In all my years following barrow, apart from the ray Wilkie era have I never known the club like it is right now..it's unbelievable and I don't want it to stop!!

Well done everyone!!

pjdaly
Bronze Member

Post by pjdaly »

spirit of 1990 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:29 am
Very Paul Jones.
Yes, Ian. If a nutshell consists of 3 words then you sum it up concisely there. Not just Josh's attitude though, but applicable right across the spectrum of players/management/bod . . . . . indeed the whole club yesterday. It was a privilege to witness such spirit.

Lancaster Branch
Platinum Member

Post by Lancaster Branch »

olbarrafancumbak wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:08 am
we surely must be breaking that 2000 mark now and no matter what that weather is doing!! If granite can play for ten minutes with a smashed body, I'm sure we can get cold and wet watching them!!!
No such thing as bad weather, just the wrong coat.

prague bluebird
Gold Member

Post by prague bluebird »

Some good pics of the match posted by Sutton. https://www.flickr.com/photos/paullough ... 7017/page1
Prague Bluebird

Hadrian
Gold Member

Post by Hadrian »

Great photos!

Impressive win yesterday. Sutton played with determination, in a manner which suggested that their current position in the league table might improve. Kyel Reid was particularly impressive. Barrow had to work hard to overcome them in a great team performance. Dixon dominated much of his penalty area, let alone the six-yard box, Taylor was everywhere and Granite was solid - let's hope his injuries heal well and those of others improve over the break.

Reasonable attendance - would be great if we could get similar numbers for the Barnet and Chorley games and lift further in December.

Great comments from Ian Evatt on BBCRC in the abbreviated interview after the match. The full interview is well-worth listening to and it is available to read (in part) and listen to in full HERE as via the link Adam Johnson posted earlier in the thread.
Last edited by Hadrian on Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AugustusCorpa
Bronze Member

Post by AugustusCorpa »

Who was the big lad with the bald head and beard? Not Taylor. Was wearing an extra small shirt.
Blue not manky tangerine..

Lancaster Branch
Platinum Member

Post by Lancaster Branch »

That was the mascot.

barrowaberdeen
Platinum Member

Post by barrowaberdeen »

Bloke on a stag do

Bingo
Platinum Member

Post by Bingo »

Do people pay for the pleasure of leading the team out or was it just because he we on his stag do

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan »

barrowaberdeen wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:57 pm
Bloke on a stag do
Announced that wedding is next year!

Holkerbird
Platinum Member

Post by Holkerbird »

AugustusCorpa wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:42 pm
Who was the big lad with the bald head and beard? Not Taylor. Was wearing an extra small shirt.
He is from Norwich with no connection to Barrow.
He read on twitter that Barrow are a good footballing side so decided to book the party into hospitality.
A good income for the club and I am sure they enjoyed the occasion.