Notts County FC (A)

A forum for previous match threads.
Jim
Platinum Member

Re: Notts County FC (A)

Post by Jim »

Is this report from 'Nottinghamshire Live' a little condescending?

"There were high-fives, plenty of cuddles, even a couple of piggy-backs and all that was missing was the explosion of congratulatory fireworks crackling and popping above Meadow Lane.

This is what it means for teams to beat Notts County this season, the biggest scalp in the division and a team regarded by other managers in recent weeks as the best in the league.

And such is the level of respect that Neal Ardley’s team are commanding these days, Barrow’s manager Ian Evatt revealed afterwards that two weeks worth of work had gone into plotting their downfall."

Great as Notts County are, I think the architect who designed their lovely big stadium must have remembered at the last minute that there were no toilets, so converted a broom cupboard for the Gents :lol:
Last edited by Jim on Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

AugustusCorpa
Bronze Member

Post by AugustusCorpa »

The front page of The Non-League paper looks good this morning. “BLUEBIRDS FLYING” Brilliant Barrow are top of the table.
Blue not manky tangerine..

HenneysKnee
Platinum Member

Post by HenneysKnee »

We had two weeks worth of planning because we didn’t have a game last weekend, lazy journalism

Bingo
Platinum Member

Post by Bingo »

Jim wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:34 am
Is this report from 'Nottinghamshire Live' a little condescending?

"There were high-fives, plenty of cuddles, even a couple of piggy-backs and all that was missing was the explosion of congratulatory fireworks crackling and popping above Meadow Lane.

This is what it means for teams to beat Notts County this season, the biggest scalp in the division and a team regarded by other managers in recent weeks as the best in the league.

And such is the level of respect that Neal Ardley’s team are commanding these days, Barrow’s manager Ian Evatt revealed afterwards that two weeks worth of work had gone into plotting their downfall."

Great as Notts County are, I think the architect who designed their lovely big stadium must have remembered at the last minute that there were no toilets, so converted a broom cupboard for the Gents :lol:
How dare little barrow beat them.. . Love it when we sing non league just like us

Like says above we haven't had a game for two weeks so of course we've been preparing

Steelworks End
Platinum Member

Post by Steelworks End »

Jim wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:34 am
The Gents at Holker Street are far from perfect but I've never had to queue nearly 10 mins to pay a visit.

nationalman

Post by nationalman »

boyliegladbach wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:54 pm
Hardcastle MOM for me, ran himself into ground.
Think only reason he came off was amount of work he did in 70 minutes.
Hardcastle played the full game but did look knackered at the end, bet he covered some miles in that game

Jonty
Platinum Member

Post by Jonty »

Adam29 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:36 am
It is the first time we have ever been top of the national league/conference premier/step 5 at this stage of the season.

In terms of points this is our 2nd highest points return that we have had from 20games.
Only the 38 under Paul Cox in 2016-17 beats it.
Match day 21 that time was a 3-0 win against Guiseley so fingers crossed we can get the 3pts Saturday against Barnet to keep on par with that start
This is an interesting stat. I think we sat 3rd or 4th at this stage in 2016-17. I don’t think we were ever higher than third at any stage of the season.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

Matty
Platinum Member

Post by Matty »

Popular side since '03.

Conference North Champions 2014-15

Robbo_SAFC

Post by Robbo_SAFC »

Your lads are on fire :o :o :o

Hopefully you keep it up.

Moribund
Gold Member

Post by Moribund »

Matty wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:00 am
Highlights
https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/ma ... /1-4488131
The difference between September's Angus and November's Angus is incredible - shows what a bit of confidence can do for some players.

Main Stand SeasonTct

Post by Main Stand SeasonTct »

Moribund wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:29 am
Matty wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:00 am
Highlights
https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/ma ... /1-4488131
The difference between September's Angus and November's Angus is incredible - shows what a bit of confidence can do for some players.
Angus has played well all season IMO. He was just lacking a goal to top things off. It was evident against Sutton how important he is to the team when he missed the game through injury.

Jonty
Platinum Member

Post by Jonty »

Dior Angus is a top top player with pace to burn
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

Moribund
Gold Member

Post by Moribund »

Main Stand SeasonTct wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:46 am
Moribund wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:29 am

Angus has played well all season IMO. He was just lacking a goal to top things off. It was evident against Sutton how important he is to the team when he missed the game through injury.
Agreed - but he was always taking too many touches before shooting or scuffing his shots, but now he's much more clinical.

Matty
Platinum Member

Post by Matty »

Brough was one I had a couple of reservations about after the first few games of the season, but he offers a lot down the left hand side and that through ball that put Kay in for the first was fantastic, cutting the two defenders in half.

Barry is a good player as well, and Brown has shown he's more than capable of filling in.
Popular side since '03.

Conference North Champions 2014-15

Bennyfromormsgill
Bronze Member

Post by Bennyfromormsgill »

what a great win yesterday and to be amongst that away following was brilliant, i thought all the team played well but special mentions must go to hardcastle,quigley and rooney they were excellent. anybody who was thinking of coming to next home game saturday please come and bring a friend. it was a long day yesterday but well worth it :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."